What would you pay?

pinkpantherusmincus

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking into a new sled, and I want to find out what you guys think its worth?

Its a 2004 Skidoo 800 Rev X - 151 track, engine specs - 800kms on new crate factory motor, raced tech high compression head, Bosen reeds, Dinaport racing pipe and can (showing some signs of rust), rebuilt and upgraded clutching to 2007 specs, new Skidoo pilot skis, rebuilt and charged all shocks, custom low profile windshield, 9 inch riser bars, new handle bar and hand warmers, Boss high rise seat, custom made snow eliminators for running boards.

what would you pay for it?

thanks
P

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
i will compare it to a 04x i have in the garage if i had to sell... less extras more km id be looking for 3800 - $4000.

with the new motor and extras you should be in the 4600 - $4800 range

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the question is how bad do you want it. haven't seen may many 04 revs listed for $4000. unless in ruff shape. seems like revs are in demand so good luck,

pinkpantherusmincus

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i do want it, though prices are fluctuating so much on machines in the area atm. I have seen 07 revs with high kms for as low as 4000. A 04 with everything i want (minus inside idler wheel kit and billet idler wheels) is nice as i wouldn't have to do much to it. Taking into consideration that it is the middle of summer prices should drop a little bit.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sled will sell for at least $5000. How many km's on the chassis? What does the head bring the compression up to? You will most likely have to run a mix of race gas and premium. I found that to be a pain in the arse with my rev

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sled will sell for at least $5000. How many km's on the chassis? What does the head bring the compression up to? You will most likely have to run a mix of race gas and premium. I found that to be a pain in the arse with my rev

If you can get $5000 take it and run. At this point in the summer i'd bet your lucky to see $4000-$4500. You can fetch a good 08 XP for $6000 easy. $4500-$5000 is all a nice 06 is worth. A 04 is more desireable then a 07 to some, but still not as much as a 05 or 06.

If you want to move a sled this time a year it has to be DIRT cheap or really special or it ain't selling. But even in the fall when we got snow again you'd be hard pressed to see $5000 for a 8 year old sled.

Last edited:

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i do want it, though prices are fluctuating so much on machines in the area atm. I have seen 07 revs with high kms for as low as 4000. A 04 with everything i want (minus inside idler wheel kit and billet idler wheels) is nice as i wouldn't have to do much to it. Taking into consideration that it is the middle of summer prices should drop a little bit.

watch here for sled deals. expecially this time of yr. 06 was the best yr of revs to! imo

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
selling my 08 summit x for 5500$!!! 4000+ on chassis but has 1000 km on short block, team secondary, hrp head, slp y pipe and can, slp powder pro skis, wicked sled 163 track, just needs drop brackets as the xps are known for having weak drop bracket that get stress cracks

pinkpantherusmincus

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think the chassis has around 4000kms on it. the sled its self is in mint condition, no damage to the tunnel, plastics or anything. i am not sure what the compression is up to with the new head, but it does come with the stock head as well. As i live in whistler race gas isn't available from the husky, so i will have to run premium with an octane additive.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sometimes high performance motors are not the best thing, race gas is expensive as are additives. miss the mixture a little and you need a new motor. usually hard to sell a modded sled as no one usually wants the headache. stock sleds will always sell better, as most take off mod parts and get back to stock.
do your own research as it is your money you are spending. and other peeps opinion's are a dime a dozen.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking into a new sled, and I want to find out what you guys think its worth?

Its a 2004 Skidoo 800 Rev X - 151 track, engine specs - 800kms on new crate factory motor, raced tech high compression head, Bosen reeds, Dinaport racing pipe and can (showing some signs of rust), rebuilt and upgraded clutching to 2007 specs, new Skidoo pilot skis, rebuilt and charged all shocks, custom low profile windshield, 9 inch riser bars, new handle bar and hand warmers, Boss high rise seat, custom made snow eliminators for running boards.

what would you pay for it?

thanks
P

Pilot skis, low pro windshield, handlebars and heaters are not upgrades or add ons, shouldn't be paying more for them IMO. Its an 04 Rev, outdated chassis and a couple motors have been released since that sled was built, everytime BRP releases a new model, the old ones are worth something less, lots of guys won't wanna hear it, its the truth about re-sale though. 8 yrs old and 4000 k on the chassis, Needs a full checkover, bearings, sliders, carbides, fluids etc. expect to dump a little more $$ into it, every $100 is another $100 spent....

05's were going for that price early last year and mod sleds are worth even less than a nice stocker, especially if you need Av or Race gas. Octane additives like NOS at Canadian Tire is not going to cut it for you, if that's what you are thinking, you will need a 45 gallon barrel of Av or Race, probably $500 worth of Av, closer to $750 if its Race. compression and altitude will determine how much you need to mix.

Plastic and polishing are easy to make a sled look really pretty, but check the nun and alignment to make sure that its not bent. Its what lies beneath the surface that matters.

Last edited:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
selling my 08 summit x for 5500$!!! 4000+ on chassis but has 1000 km on short block, team secondary, hrp head, slp y pipe and can, slp powder pro skis, wicked sled 163 track, just needs drop brackets as the xps are known for having weak drop bracket that get stress cracks

I'd look at this sled before I paid the same for an older mod sled. I've been on both sides of this situation; and am far happier with being able to just pull the rope and ride, then fill up at the pumps at the end of the day. If you are set on that sled I'd say 4K is as high as I'd go because you will be spending $$$ on it throughout the season. Like it's already been said octane booster is not a safe alternative to a race gas mix. $$$$$$$$$$$$.:beer::beer:

pinkpantherusmincus

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have since been in touch with the mechanic that has put everything on the sled, and he told me that the head is only running 13.5:1 so not really that high. i think with something like that, running a little bit of choke at lower elevations and premium gas it should be fine.

and if i were in edmonton i would look at that 08 for sure. in whistler sorry.

Last edited:

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I have since been in touch with the mechanic that has put everything on the sled, and he told me that the head is only running 13.5:1 so not really that high. i think with something like that, running a little bit of choke at lower elevations and premium gas it should be fine.

that 08 is in blue river bc

pinkpantherusmincus

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
to drive from whis, its still going to cost me another 500 in gas. sorry i want to shop more locally, vancouver to pemby.

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think the chassis has around 4000kms on it. the sled its self is in mint condition, no damage to the tunnel, plastics or anything. i am not sure what the compression is up to with the new head, but it does come with the stock head as well. As i live in whistler race gas isn't available from the husky, so i will have to run premium with an octane additive.
Been riding mountains for about 10 yrs now and I let my 16yr old son buy his first sled m8 2011 cost a little more but it's new seen how a lot of guys drive their sleds and they look good but they bagged the ch!t out of them. Why does this sled have a new engine and it sounds like it's had the ch!t kicked out of it. I forced my son to buy his first sled new because of what I have seen and if u ride the mountains u Know what I mean. I wish u the best of luck but if u know how the sled has been driven great but their is even some of the guys I ride with I wouldn't buy their sled. Barry

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

flooding the motor with the choke because you are jetted too lean compared to using the choke as a crutch because you don't have enough octane is not the solution but that's just my opinion. I sure hope the mechanic didn't tell you that was a possible solution to not enough octance and that it "should be fine". If it was, I'm sure he's started stocking pistons for you already and I hope you got it in writing. What happens when you show up at the trailhead and there is 2 feet of heavy west coast powder and you gotta run wide open just to get up the trail? try running wide open with the choke on and see what happens - I'm thinking you should take a lot of extra spark plugs......

13.5:1 not too bad, but still probably needs 30% mix to be safe (not sure of your starting elevation though).

Good luck.

Top Bottom