Decisions decisions!!! What would you do?!?

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2013 Polaris ProRMK 800

Sooo... Sled has been down since February 27th when I brought it in for a bogging and dying issue. They discovered the jack shaft bearings are almost kaputz so I have been waiting on back ordered parts for that. I phoned today and parts are due at the main Polaris factory MAYBE tomorrow and will take another 5 days to get here. So that makes it a month since my sled was down IF they are right about the estimated arrival date on the parts. They haven't even looked at the original bogging and dying issue.

(They tell me this jack shaft issue is new, but yet dealers all over are back ordered and ordering extras... Fishy?!?)

Meanwhile, I have organized a ladies ride for next weekend and the snow is falling quick and dirty outside the window ensuring that this weekend's snow should be fantastic. It could be the last great snowfall of the year considering the warm temps and low snow levels we have seen here this season.

BUUUTTT the service manager tells me that if I pay the labor and taxes for his guys to open a sled in a crate and rob the parts he can have me back in business tomorrow afternoon. A "mere" $300 to fix a warranty issue that should be free. ????? Insert heavy sarcasm here and sick feeling in stomach :(

What would you do?? Get out the lube cuz either way I am getting screwed???

I can definitely say that if this had happened when I rode a T&T Powersports Cat, the parts would have been robbed and the sled fixed for free minus the cost of overnight shipping two and half weeks ago. Maybe my standards for customer service are just too high and this is normal?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2013 Polaris ProRMK 800

Sooo... Sled has been down since February 27th when I brought it in for a bogging and dying issue. They discovered the jack shaft bearings are almost kaputz so I have been waiting on back ordered parts for that. I phoned today and parts are due at the main Polaris factory MAYBE tomorrow and will take another 5 days to get here. So that makes it a month since my sled was down IF they are right about the estimated arrival date on the parts. They haven't even looked at the original bogging and dying issue.

(They tell me this jack shaft issue is new, but yet dealers all over are back ordered and ordering extras... Fishy?!?)

Meanwhile, I have organized a ladies ride for next weekend and the snow is falling quick and dirty outside the window ensuring that this weekend's snow should be fantastic. It could be the last great snowfall of the year considering the warm temps and low snow levels we have seen here this season.

BUUUTTT the service manager tells me that if I pay the labor and taxes for his guys to open a sled in a crate and rob the parts he can have me back in business tomorrow afternoon. A "mere" $300 to fix a warranty issue that should be free. ????? Insert heavy sarcasm here and sick feeling in stomach :(

What would you do?? Get out the lube cuz either way I am getting screwed???

I can definitely say that if this had happened when I rode a T&T Powersports Cat, the parts would have been robbed and the sled fixed for free minus the cost of overnight shipping two and half weeks ago. Maybe my standards for customer service are just too high and this is normal?

Why dont they give you a shop demo till your parts arrive? Then they are not out any labour? Some dealers are better than others unfortunately 'mama.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took the demo last weekend and probly could this weekend, but we need the demo sleds for the ladies ride next weekend. Imagine, organizing a ladies ride and now, not only am I not a lady, I have no ride!!! Double fault :(

Besides, I hate riding someone else's sled. It's just never the same... I made sure to post this picture of me riding their demo uber-carefully on their Facebook wall ;). ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363287478.539209.jpg

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took the demo last weekend and probly could this weekend, but we need the demo sleds for the ladies ride next weekend. Imagine, organizing a ladies ride and now, not only am I not a lady, I have no ride!!! Double fault :(

Besides, I hate riding someone else's sled. It's just never the same... I made sure to post this picture of me riding their demo uber-carefully on their Facebook wall ;). View attachment 152265

OK........................................now I see there point. Lol.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shitty deal. Id pay the 300$ and maybe look at going back to Cat for next year?

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shitty deal. Id pay the 300$ and maybe look at going back to Cat for next year?

I definitely had that thought... My husband would kill me tho! I have had a new sled every year since I started riding in 2009/2010. At some point I need to just keep what I got :)

LinkTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya $300 to get up and running on your own ride. Minor. Get it fixed. Pound the fresh. And then deal with that total BS!!! When seasons out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I definitely had that thought... My husband would kill me tho! I have had a new sled every year since I started riding in 2009/2010. At some point I need to just keep what I got :)

I hear yea. After you get this fixed you hopefully wont have any issues for a while anyways. Have a fun weekend riding, its going to be a good one out there this weekend I think:beer:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like Cycle North's service hasn't improved any. Down for a month with a brand new sled is unacceptable but $300 is cheaper than renting. Can't you ride your hubby's sled?

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
If I was that shop I would rob the parts and fix for free and make a deal to pay the extra if someone comes into buy that crated sled...to me that is fair. They should fix the problem as quick as possible, if they have a few extra sleds that are just sitting there, then why would they not just want to get you out the door?

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like Cycle North's service hasn't improved any. Down for a month with a brand new sled is unacceptable but $300 is cheaper than renting. Can't you ride your hubby's sled?

Not if I want to stay married ;) JK- I want him to ride with me!

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kinda funny, thinking about checking a new sled because you get warranty, big deal if you can't get parts or there on back order. So you ride your old back up which is always good to go. Go figure. And yes Kenny is right about your dealer being there for you. I wonder how many dealers would write up a snow check with a, if my sled is down for warranty issues clause, i get a loaner or rental covered for. Pretty sure when you buy a new car for $15 grand, there's options to get you on the road.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be concerned that if I put out the $300, I wouldn't be getting a refund when parts did arrive. The dealer has already shown their stripes.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I was that shop I would rob the parts and fix for free and make a deal to pay the extra if someone comes into buy that crated sled...to me that is fair. They should fix the problem as quick as possible, if they have a few extra sleds that are just sitting there, then why would they not just want to get you out the door?

i dont agree with this. most on this site wont agree with me but if im the future customer of that 15g snowmobile i would be very upset finding out it has been an a parts donor for other customers. i dont care if its a clutch or a sensor new is new.

Top Bottom