Skidoo Turbo Issue with bogging at times Deep Snow

Escape

Reaction score
Last year I noticed right away that if the vents got covered the sled lacked power. Clearing the vents during a climb under full power…once it could breathe it would launch out from under me.

This year it started to back fire on the odd occasion and it would bog to the point that I would almost get stuck in the bottom of a hole. Talked with my local shop as these were new issues but no help. I watched the video on taping off the vents. Got me thinking…

I removed the disc from the spring loaded valve in the airbox. Next day rode deep snow all day with the hood loaded. Not one bog. Normally I would try to keep vents clean out of habit but this was a test day. Was a full pin day and not one back fire either.
I have since put the disc back in and installed side air vents to provide the missing air. After 2 rides with this set up it still hasn’t bogged or back fired. It does have a cough every now and again but no bog. When I took the air ox apart there was a fair bit of moisture/water in the intake box. When taking it apart to put the disc back in it was the same. I presume this is normal with the amount of heat under the hood. Thinking the odd drop of water getting through would be the cause of the cough which I am ok with. Time will tell if this is the fix

honda450

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also had the bog at times in deep snow. In the right snow conditions it was constant. Other days it would happen 3-4 times a day. I put the extreme air vents on the side of the hood. No better. Put a 3 inch frog under the gauge in the top of the air box. No better. Took off my can and put the stock back on and I am finally Happy with the unit. No more wiping the vents at all.

Top Bottom