Decisions decisions!!! What would you do?!?

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I watched my mechanic remove and install the jackshaft in about an hour. The bearing on the jackshaft side that went boom was a the longest part of the job getting it out. Everyone with a pro needs to torque that top bolt to 45ft/lbs of torque. Hope you get back on the snow soon.

Now the bogging issue... was the check engine light coming on when it was bogging? In my experience that sounds like the throttle safety switch acting up.

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What i want to know is maxwell going to give you that xm he offered. He came back on site after his offer with some advice but no come back to you accepting his offer. A mans word should be good as gold.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I watched my mechanic remove and install the jackshaft in about an hour. The bearing on the jackshaft side that went boom was a the longest part of the job getting it out. Everyone with a pro needs to torque that top bolt to 45ft/lbs of torque. Hope you get back on the snow soon.

Now the bogging issue... was the check engine light coming on when it was bogging? In my experience that sounds like the throttle safety switch acting up.

No check engine light at all. It would stutter and fall flat on its face, seem to recover for about 25 feet and then die completely no matter how I worked the throttle to try and keep it running.

At first it was just bogging but kept running and I thought it was a powder bog. I kept clearing the vents and exhaust and then eventually it started quitting completely even on the trail out (no powder at all to blame) with increasing frequency. It would have to sit for about 10 minutes before it started again. Jer unhooked the electrical harness by the ignition and it ran flawlessly all the way back to the truck...

Thoughts?

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya no problem but im not delivering LOL

Chicken hey? 'Fraid to come out of your home meadow to the dark side??

thegeneral did it, even stayed the weekend and ate the food and lived to smile about it ;)

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd be asking the dealer to look for any worn wires in your harness and check it with a meter. When you say unplug it in the ignition do you mean the key switch or he disconnected the wires where they go up to the hood? So far I haven't had any electrical issues with my 2013 besides a TSS. My 2012 was an absolute nightmare for electrical.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No check engine light at all. It would stutter and fall flat on its face, seem to recover for about 25 feet and then die completely no matter how I worked the throttle to try and keep it running.

At first it was just bogging but kept running and I thought it was a powder bog. I kept clearing the vents and exhaust and then eventually it started quitting completely even on the trail out (no powder at all to blame) with increasing frequency. It would have to sit for about 10 minutes before it started again. Jer unhooked the electrical harness by the ignition and it ran flawlessly all the way back to the truck...

Thoughts?

almost sounds like a short somewhere in the ignition system or kill switch.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd be asking the dealer to look for any worn wires in your harness and check it with a meter. When you say unplug it in the ignition do you mean the key switch or he disconnected the wires where they go up to the hood? So far I haven't had any electrical issues with my 2013 besides a TSS. My 2012 was an absolute nightmare for electrical.

The wires where they go up into the hood...

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh... They have no intention of reimbursing me. I am to pay the labor and taxes to take a sled out of a crate, remove bearings from thejackshaft and then put it back together once the parts do arrive. He told me that Polaris will pay to do the job once, and robbing parts basically amounts to doing the job twice... And "his boys don't work for free"...
Goin through the jackshft BS also,was told today back ordered till April 19.Told him that's not gonna work so they put a request into Polaris for authorization to pull parts from a in stock new unit and Polaris picks up the tab for it.Also said they could send out the shaft to be repaired and used till shaft comes in or take a demo.Lots of ways to skin a cat,guess you will find out how much your dealer is willing to do for you as will I.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Goin through the jackshft BS also,was told today back ordered till April 19.Told him that's not gonna work so they put a request into Polaris for authorization to pull parts from a in stock new unit and Polaris picks up the tab for it.Also said they could send out the shaft to be repaired and used till shaft comes in or take a demo.Lots of ways to skin a cat,guess you will find out how much your dealer is willing to do for you as will I.

Oh no... You obviously haven't heard: this is a new problem. They haven't heard of this at all until me...

Then why are the parts backordered???? Wtf?

I guess we will see. Let me know what your dealer comes up with. I got the approval from husband to cough up the 300 bucks to take from a new unit, but if they do yours for free I'm gonna raise hell.

Kinda makes me want to tell them to stuff sending the demos for the ladies ride? Why should their product get exposure at a ride I organized when they refuse to budge on this issue?? The only thing is that just shortchanges the girls who are riding old chassis machines who will get a chance to see how much easier it is to ride and learn on a more nimble and rider forward sled. It's not fair to do that to these girls just because I am having a tantrum over first world problems ;)

Last edited:

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As for the $300 tell them to suck it up,Tech's get a $100 to uncrate and run up and PDI a sled.So it costs $200 to swap a jackshaft? Ask them how much Polaris is allowing to do the service bulletin,that should make there face go red!

Kiwionsnow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled Mamma, My riding Partners 2013 is up at that same dealer right now. Guess what? Jack shaft and bearing. no parts so there it sits, Been there 2 weeks now. They want 300 to pull the shaft and bearing off a new sled and he said no way. This is really cramping my XM riding time lol. I need this fixed as much as he does. There will be several feet of fresh this weekend. Funny he was trying to get the demo for sunday.. Maybe there will a leg wrestling constest in the show room tommorrow night for demo rights eh? I hope you both get your parts soon...

Last edited:

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled Mamma, My riding Partners 2013 is up at that same dealer right now. Guess what? Jack shaft and bearing. no parts so there it sits, Been there 2 weeks now. They want 300 to pull the shaft and bearing off a new sled and he said no way. This is really cramping my XM riding time lol. I need this fixed as much as he does. There will be several feet of fresh this weekend. Funny he was trying to get the demo for sunday.. Maybe there will a leg wrestling constest in the show room tommorrow night for demo rights eh? I hope you both get your parts soon...

The service manager did mention he had made the same offer to another guy, but he made it sound like the guy jumped at the offer. Interesting...

FYI, my legs are longer than most people's entire body and I have NEVER been beat at Indian leg wrestling. I can wrap these babies into a death knot so fast your buddy will be begging for me to ease up and return circulation to his kneecaps!! Throw in a good measure of red hair and some pent up frustration atfter all this crappy dealer service and i got some serious motivation to win... Your buddy had better bring some muscle milk ;)

I do know who has the demo is tonight, we could just kidnap it hold it hostage like they have been holding our broken sleds hostage??

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
PS- I paid the $300 cuz I am a sucker, so he can have the demo...

But we can still leg wrestle, right?!?

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't actually know if its the DOO I don't like, I've never tried one. Maybe it's the guys serving the DOOlaide that are the problem for me???

Just kidding. Settle down.[/QUOTE I'm just yanking your chain having fun, lol You should try one, and can borrow mine if you need, I will be on the beach drinking cocktales anyways, let me know.................Lots of power.......

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't actually know if its the DOO I don't like, I've never tried one. Maybe it's the guys serving the DOOlaide that are the problem for me???

Just kidding. Settle down.[/QUOTE I'm just yanking your chain having fun, lol You should try one, and can borrow mine if you need, I will be on the beach drinking cocktales anyways, let me know.................Lots of power.......

That's sweet, but I think the pick up might be a little too far away- we don't live in Alberta anymore :( Look how nice these DOO guys have been to me? Anything to sell the DOOlaide hey?!? Just kidding!! I doo appreciate the offer. Besides, what would happen if I got used to all that power?!? Nonononono!!!! We can't have that now can we...

Have fun on the beach: sounds like a terrible time... NOT.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya laying by the pool dreaming of skidooing, lol I might get bored............NOT............. Where you live now, all kinds of doo guys going your way and willing to help..........LOL

Top Bottom