What do you do?

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My question: if you're a red seal chef, do.you order takeout? If.youre a journeyman welder, do.you hire.others to do work for you? In other words, if you are qualified, why pay someone else to do repairs for you? Back story: I am a red seal .journeyman mechanic, have bee doing my own servicing on my families vehicles.for.30 years, no issues. Current own a truck that is one month over factory warranty, with 55000 km left on mileage.( 5/160000 warranty.). So I take the truck in for an MIL code,.told the district.sevice.manager would.not authorize the repair ($3600)as it is over the time allocated, and no service records at the dealership. Now, I don't expect a free ride, but I work in the patch, and the rule these days is if you can get work, take.it. Bought 10 vehicles from the same dealer in the past, happy with sales dept overall, but service is usually too busy to get.me.in on my limited days off. So do I tell the manufacturer to f off, just cause of.an electrical failure and switch brands? Or do I suck it up and have a nice day being $3600 lighter? I've always bought extended warranty and never used it, but the corporate attitude has me a little sour...thoughts?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its only over by 1 month, I would escalate it with the corporate office, if another dealer will not help you. Extra warranty is cheap insurance as well and depending on the brand, some extended factory warranties ate way better than others.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the way all the manufacturers are going in just about every industry. They want guaranteed income for their stealerships. Sadly its just the way its going. You want help after the fact? Show us your dealership service records.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no loyalty amongst the manufacturers, maybe within the dealership if you have a good one, but at the end of the day they are just the puppet and corporate is pulling the strings.

My brother is going through a similar ordeal, moving back to Alberta they lost the AC in their truck in Halifax at 59,000km, called a few dealers on the way through and tried to get it in but none had time, drove all the way back and now Ford is trying to deny the claim as the truck is currently at 64,000km, and of course the dealership wants $2500 for a new compressor.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
As it turned out, a call to customer service resulted in a full refund, so pretty happy with the outcome.
Anyone can do required maintenance work, as long as you keep receipts for filters, oil, etc.... you have to be able to come up with receipts if requested by the stealerships. It is that simple. They cannot deny warranty work, if you have receipts to prove to the stealership.

Top Bottom