Decisions decisions!!! What would you do?!?

jpgmtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.payntonperformance.com
i dont agree with this. most on this site wont agree with me but if im the future customer of that 15g snowmobile i would be very upset finding out it has been an a parts donor for other customers. i dont care if its a clutch or a sensor new is new.

Well I can understand what you are saying, but it does depend on who the tech is and how careful they are. I know that I have taken off parts from a brand new vehicle to get a customer going down the road. Putting a new sensor/jackshaft/whatever back into a new sled means that it's still new, as long as the tech has the proper tools and the skills to get it as good as the factory. In some cases, a good tech can actually do a better job of assembly than the factory.

On the original subject, have they addressed the original bogging complaint?

I hate to say it, but if we had wait times on a new vehicle like that, we would be buying the dang thing back and giving the customer a new one!!!

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You probably don't know the answer, but I'll ask it anyways..what is so special about the bearings that they need to come direct from Polaris and take a month? Most bearings you could easily cross them over to something unless it's a real oddball size.

While I would not be pleased in your case, I'm seeing this alot this year. My uncle has a 2013 Nytro that needs a new wiring harness because the ECU melted something and his season is over b/c of est. parts arrival time, another buddy has a Cat with bent rails that I understand will probably end his season too because of parts availability. It makes me wonder if this is sort of a happy medium in the manufacturers offering longer and longer warranties. It's probably a conspircacy theory that holds no water, but the longer they make you sit, the less relevant the long warranty becomes when you can only ride the machine for a reduced percentage of the warranty now.

Good Luck. The guys onthe front lines (dealers) are your first point of contact and can either make or break you as a customer. While I'm not saying you did, this makes me have more belief in not shopping for a sled as much via price as building a long term relationship for service and support.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be concerned that if I put out the $300, I wouldn't be getting a refund when parts did arrive. The dealer has already shown their stripes.

Oh... They have no intention of reimbursing me. I am to pay the labor and taxes to take a sled out of a crate, remove bearings from thejackshaft and then put it back together once the parts do arrive. He told me that Polaris will pay to do the job once, and robbing parts basically amounts to doing the job twice... And "his boys don't work for free"...

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK........................................now I see there point. Lol.

I probly would have held off if I had known my parts were so far off... That's what I get for saying thank you in a cheeky way I guess.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I was that shop I would rob the parts and fix for free and make a deal to pay the extra if someone comes into buy that crated sled...to me that is fair. They should fix the problem as quick as possible, if they have a few extra sleds that are just sitting there, then why would they not just want to get you out the door?

Can you be my dealer?? Oh wait... DOO ?!? Too bad.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you already know the answer.....back to Cat......go where the dealer takes care of you......your Polaris dealer obviously doesn't care about return business.

Did you know T & T still sells sleds???

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I can understand what you are saying, but it does depend on who the tech is and how careful they are. I know that I have taken off parts from a brand new vehicle to get a customer going down the road. Putting a new sensor/jackshaft/whatever back into a new sled means that it's still new, as long as the tech has the proper tools and the skills to get it as good as the factory. In some cases, a good tech can actually do a better job of assembly than the factory.

On the original subject, have they addressed the original bogging complaint?

I hate to say it, but if we had wait times on a new vehicle like that, we would be buying the dang thing back and giving the customer a new one!!!

Nope... They are totally stumped. I was giving the ideas from what others on this site found this morning.

My sled returned a detonation code on diagnostics, but he says that could mean anything. Just the simple act of the engine stuttering and dying will cause that code to flash. He said it could be a fuel issue, but if that was the case then why did bypassing the wiring harness at the ignition fix it? He couldn't answer that question... Maybe someone here can...

Rotax Kid, you are right, I don't know what makes the Poo bearings so special that I have to wait for them versus aftermarket... But I bet if I used non-Polaris and had an issue down the road it would become a warranty fight.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you already know the answer.....back to Cat......go where the dealer takes care of you......your Polaris dealer obviously doesn't care about return business.

Did you know T & T still sells sleds???
Cat dealer in PG is not so great either. Only place there I would deal with is FPS (Doo).

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cat dealer in PG is not so great either. Only place there I would deal with is FPS (Doo).

No, Cat dealer here is pretty underwhelming. I would buy from Terry at T&T if I went back to a Cat. That's a no brainer... I have seen him go above and beyond repeatedly for us and even for our friends who have never ever bought anything from him after Howie's here said they couldn't help them out.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is why I quit dealing with them years ago, move on to another dealership that appreciates the business u bring them

Hey! We meet again... I see you have come out of your Internet hidey-hole to speak up ;)

Ape

Reaction score
Sorry to high jack your thread sledmamma but if you are looking at doo here is my story and recommendation. I took out a piston in my xp last week. I was looking to redo it but figured because of the mileage I would just put in a new short block. I called our local dealer here in town 3 times in a little over 2 hours and never got an answer once. I called the dealer in 100 mile house and Jim told me he had one in stock and would hold it for me. I went down and picked it up and told him my story and that if he was willing to put parts on the bus or ship with a friend of his that is always going back and forth he had my business. Not a problem at all he stated. I asked him about having the motor in stock and he said we always try to keep a motor from all the newer model sleds,in stock incase someone needs one during the year. All this taking place while he is pulling a clutch off a new sled for a customer to use till the new one arrives. Great guy and great service. For any of you PG doo guys looking for parts and service give him a call.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well should have bought a doo, and you would not be in this problem, lol I would lend you my sled also, oh ya its a doo and you don't like them. Oh well cancel the ladies ride, lol

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You probably don't know the answer, but I'll ask it anyways..what is so special about the bearings that they need to come direct from Polaris and take a month? Most bearings you could easily cross them over to something unless it's a real oddball size.

While I would not be pleased in your case, I'm seeing this alot this year. My uncle has a 2013 Nytro that needs a new wiring harness because the ECU melted something and his season is over b/c of est. parts arrival time, another buddy has a Cat with bent rails that I understand will probably end his season too because of parts availability. It makes me wonder if this is sort of a happy medium in the manufacturers offering longer and longer warranties. It's probably a conspircacy theory that holds no water, but the longer they make you sit, the less relevant the long warranty becomes when you can only ride the machine for a reduced percentage of the warranty now.

Good Luck. The guys onthe front lines (dealers) are your first point of contact and can either make or break you as a customer. While I'm not saying you did, this makes me have more belief in not shopping for a sled as much via price as building a long term relationship for service and support.

Its not a conspiracy but it is a pain in the ass. Its a function of warranties. My truck needs the rear pinion nut replaced, but because they will do it under warranty, everyone else needs it done at the same time. As a result, the nuts are backordered. While I'm still able to drive my truck, momma isn't so lucky and the dealer should be realizing there is no way around this other than to suck it up and do the right thing if he wants to keep her as a customer.

Fawk the noise about charging the customer, that's total BS. She should get the work done free (its under warranty), otherwise the dealer should be figuring something else out for her. I'm sure the President of Polaris has a sled she can borrow, wonder if he/she missed any riding time due to this issue? Who cares about how much time it takes, ask any mechanic, the book says it takes "XX hours" to do a job but they always figure out how to do it faster. How else do you bill 18 hrs in a day, start at 8 and leave before 5?

I'd pull my sled and take it to another dealer who understands CUSTOMER SERVICE.

And then dealers bitch and whine when people go across the border or online to buy stuff............

jpgmtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.payntonperformance.com
Nope... They are totally stumped. I was giving the ideas from what others on this site found this morning.

My sled returned a detonation code on diagnostics, but he says that could mean anything. Just the simple act of the engine stuttering and dying will cause that code to flash. He said it could be a fuel issue, but if that was the case then why did bypassing the wiring harness at the ignition fix it? He couldn't answer that question... Maybe someone here can...

Rotax Kid, you are right, I don't know what makes the Poo bearings so special that I have to wait for them versus aftermarket... But I bet if I used non-Polaris and had an issue down the road it would become a warranty fight.

Sounds like the sled itself is being a stumper. But I would be more concerned with the fact that you've invested a bunch of money into something that you cannot use (for some time!) through no fault of your own. If I was in your shoes, I'd be scouring the warranty or owners manual for customer satisfaction procedures that the manufacturer follows. To me it sounds like your dealer is not informing you of all the options you have for customer satisfaction.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well should have bought a doo, and you would not be in this problem, lol I would lend you my sled also, oh ya its a doo and you don't like them. Oh well cancel the ladies ride, lol

I don't actually know if its the DOO I don't like, I've never tried one. Maybe it's the guys serving the DOOlaide that are the problem for me???

Just kidding. Settle down.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are just being friendly and offering you a refreshment? Lol:drink4:

Sure... It all starts with a drink and then next thing is a BONK on the noggin, my senses are knocked out of me and next thing you know I'm stuck with that ridiculous DOO steering. Doesn't seem all that friendly if you ask me...

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure... It all starts with a drink and then next thing is a BONK on the noggin, my senses are knocked out of me and I stuck with that ridiculous DOO steering. Doesn't seem all that friendly if you ask me...

............................I see your on to us. Lmao!!;);):beer::beer:

Top Bottom