Decisions decisions!!! What would you do?!?

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sometimes you just have to put a smile on your face and take it and when you get out there it all seems to be worth it.

Yup! It's been puking for days. My friends are begging for me to stop my snow dance and make it end ;) Tomorrow should be worth it

CRASH1000

Reaction score
Yes my bags are packed sitting by the door sled is on the truck everything full of gas gone in the morning.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just buy a new Doo and ride all year with out problems lmao Sorry couldnt resist.

Oh hey... You are late to the party and you brought the same chitty DOOLaid the rest of your cronies brought ;). It's okay mang, I'm already out riding, but I appreciate your very sincere care and concern!!! <3

Bahahaha.

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely a dealer issue.

When I owned my Polaris 900RMK, the dealer bent over backwards to complete the updates in a timely matter to keep me going, even gave me a merchandise credit for the floor.

Flip side when I bought my 08XP, had to phone the factory in Queeebec to get the warranty issues resolved.

Can't miss the powder, and I would of done the same thing to get out.

And, when I got back would be on the phone to the factory for some explanation, squeaky wheel gets the grease.....

geo

Reaction score
So sad. There seems to be so few real mechanics out there today and even fewer dealerships that believe it is THIER JOB to keep the customer rolling. The repair on the parts would be less than what you were charged. It probably didn't even need the parts (seen a few) but they decided to go for the big end of the warranty claim. Zero concern for you, 100% concern for them. Not a good ratio IMO.
I repaired mine in less than 2 hours because I always get "Your the only one we've heard of." so I don't torment myself with warranty anymore. S##t happens, things break, lifes too short, and I just fix it. This may not be an option for you so you got hosed.

Don't forget it. You almost have to live out your warranty period with them so relax. Remind them about this when you come in. You know like" i'd love to buy this but I'm just 300 bucks shy". And, when you deal on your next sled remember (and maybe remind them lol) that they charged you 300 bucks for 60 dollars of wages so don't be too loyal.

I have to ask, did they repair the original complaint or are you going to find out you still need a stator or voltage regulator on your first ride out.

Kiwionsnow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Update. Parts for the pro shipped yesterday. Dealer said Machine will be ready for thursday. Heading over for a (Demo) or as they said (we will have something) this afternoon. I think Mamma has the demo's so this will be a surprise.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your dealer sucks, find a new one. Polaris warranty sucks even more. This is why I'm keeping my old sled. I'll get my own damn parts . Down time blows.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Update. Parts for the pro shipped yesterday. Dealer said Machine will be ready for thursday. Heading over for a (Demo) or as they said (we will have something) this afternoon. I think Mamma has the demo's so this will be a surprise.

I didn't have the demo- Wally has had it since Thursday night ;)

I have my sled back. Torpy was epic today and I AM GLAD we paid the $$$ to get back on the snow, but I won't forget this episode where future dealings and decisions are concerned...

Service manager had said the parts MIGHT ship by the end of this week but I couldn't gamble on whether or not they would ship and then wait the additional 5 (minimum) days for them to arrive. I needed to get my sled fixed because I have organized the ladies ride for March 23rd weekend. It was important to get a decent test run in and figure out if the bogging and dying problem that it was originally brought in for was fixed before I head out to host these gals...

My sled ran perfectly all day today in the EXTREMELY deep snow with no hint of a bog so they must have fixed it. Weirdly, my husband's sled seems to have inherited the gremlin and is doing the same thing ?!?

Gotta love the life of a Sledder: pay for it, ride it, fix it.... rinse, lather, and repeat!!

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stories like this will keep me from probably ever purchasing a new sled/atv ect... If I am going to have spontaneous problems then to wait and pay to fix it, what is the point of buying new? Might as well just take my chances off kijiji...

Must say though, I am glad there are so many willing to take the plunge on new sleds. Get the bugs worked out so when it goes up for sale as a used sled, I can ride something reliable.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I didn't have the demo- Wally has had it since Thursday night ;)

I have my sled back. Torpy was epic today and I AM GLAD we paid the $$$ to get back on the snow, but I won't forget this episode where future dealings and decisions are concerned...

Service manager had said the parts MIGHT ship by the end of this week but I couldn't gamble on whether or not they would ship and then wait the additional 5 (minimum) days for them to arrive. I needed to get my sled fixed because I have organized the ladies ride for March 23rd weekend. It was important to get a decent test run in and figure out if the bogging and dying problem that it was originally brought in for was fixed before I head out to host these gals...

My sled ran perfectly all day today in the EXTREMELY deep snow with no hint of a bog so they must have fixed it. Weirdly, my husband's sled seems to have inherited the gremlin and is doing the same thing ?!?

Gotta love the life of a Sledder: pay for it, ride it, fix it.... rinse, lather, and repeat!!

Actually, the whole idea is to reduce this amount$$$$$$ and effort required......takes time to figure it out.

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
too bad, you lay out $14,000 for a new sled you cant ride, not much of a dealer.they should automatically pull the parts off another sled and fix yours.Hopefully this dealer wasnt Cycle Works ?

Top Bottom