Keep as spare or sell

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trying to decide early if I should keep my 04 as a spare sled or sell it. Who has spare sleds? Worth it to keep?

Or...

Sell it? I'm leaning towards selling it meow if I can get a decent price. What's a realistic number to ask for an '04 rev 800HO 151 track with all the below?

- new track camo extreme 2.25 paddles
- better boards
- 8 tooth drivers
- new limiter straps
- anti stab kit
- new gears and chain
- Boyesen rage cage reeds
- quick clickers
- RSI adjustable riser
- RSI handle bars
- heat/reverse/high beam relocator
- custom aluminum choke
- new short block replaced at 5449km's (not sure how many km's on it now)
- new rear kyb aluminum shocks
- used, rebuilt, and revalved front hpg aluminum shocks
- new springs
- Menz Toys vent kit
- SLP powder pro skis
- reversible scratchers
- OFT Racing inner wheel kit
ummm...I think that's it...lol. I have replaced a bunch of other smaller parts like bushings, float assemblies, clutch parts etc but didn't feel need to list. I have receipts for almost everything I have put on it so I would give the person the file for all the parts as well.

Also would come with the below spare parts:
- 3 extra belts
- 1 spare bumper
- 1 spare recoil
- new set of buttons and o-rings for primary
- bunch of other odds n sods.
- Ski-doo jerry can

Thanks! appreciate any info! :D :beer:

Here's a couple pics too...

539553_10152107215030111_1427565487_n.jpg

tcl6.jpg

200440_10152086296065111_1494549241_n.jpg

Last edited:

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$4,500.00 accs are not worth what people think they are, sell them separate

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only worth keeping as a spare if:
1) you are buying a "new to you" sled or mod sled.
2) you like taking friends out that don't have their own junk.
3) you are actually willing to haul it along on every sled trip.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only worth keeping as a spare if:
1) you are buying a "new to you" sled or mod sled.
2) you like taking friends out that don't have their own junk.
3) you are actually willing to haul it along on every sled trip.

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking...not sure. Seems like a lot of work and maintenance to have a sled as a "just in case" or for friends to use...

how much?

I fired you a PM

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Trying to decide early if I should keep my 04 as a spare sled or sell it. Who has spare sleds? Worth it to keep?

Or...

Sell it? I'm leaning towards selling it meow if I can get a decent price. What's a realistic number to ask for an '04 rev 800HO 151 track with all the below?

- new track camo extreme 2.25 paddles
- better boards
- 8 tooth drivers
- new limiter straps
- anti stab kit
- new gears and chain
- Boyesen rage cage reeds
- quick clickers
- RSI adjustable riser
- RSI handle bars
- heat/reverse/high beam relocator
- custom aluminum choke
- new short block replaced at 5449km's (not sure how many km's on it now)
- new rear kyb aluminum shocks
- used, rebuilt, and revalved front hpg aluminum shocks
- new springs
- vent kit
- SLP powder pro skis
- reversible scratchers
ummm...I think that's it...lol. I have replaced a bunch of other smaller parts like bushings, float assemblies, clutch parts etc but didn't feel need to list. I have receipts for almost everything I have put on it so I would give the person the file for all the parts as well.

Also would come with the below spare parts:
- 3 extra belts
- 1 spare bumper
- 1 spare recoil
- new set of buttons and o-rings for primary
- bunch of other odds n sods.

Thanks! appreciate any info! :D :beer:

Rowdy..... You forgot to include the spacer for floating the secondary......lol

If it was a shorty I would be more interested.....but, this is a great sled....as a spare or for a new rider....I would love to have another rev.
I have followed all your posts on the rebuild and maintenance here and on dootalk, great work!

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rowdy..... You forgot to include the spacer for floating the secondary......lol

If it was a shorty I would be more interested.....but, this is a great sled....as a spare or for a new rider....I would love to have another rev.

hahahaha funny you said that I was debating if I should put that I floated the secondary as well. Nice. haha. :)

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You betcha! Just gotta figure out what now...testing new poo and xm this month for a couple days each

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
You betcha! Just gotta figure out what now...testing new poo and xm this month for a couple days each

They are both great choices.... for me it all would come down to fit and finish and ease of maintenance. I'm not sold on the Polaris seat area but as far as riding, each one does everything well and you just adjust and learn each sleds traits....

Have fun!

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a spare sled in my garage, for three years now. It's been out twice since I bought the XP, both times, let friends borrow it for first trips to mountains. I've often thought about selling it, then somebody else mentions wanting to go out. It might have gotten used more, but my wife passed away before last season and this year, I fractured neck on my second trip out. My guess is you would get $4000 for it, as stated, you do the mods for yourself, not for resale. Might make it easier to sell with them, but doubtful it will bring any more coin. I think in your situation, I would put the cash towards a new sled. Mines an '07 Rev, would have trouble giving that biotch away.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a spare sled in my garage, for three years now. It's been out twice since I bought the XP, both times, let friends borrow it for first trips to mountains. I've often thought about selling it, then somebody else mentions wanting to go out. It might have gotten used more, but my wife passed away before last season and this year, I fractured neck on my second trip out. My guess is you would get $4000 for it, as stated, you do the mods for yourself, not for resale. Might make it easier to sell with them, but doubtful it will bring any more coin. I think in your situation, I would put the cash towards a new sled. Mines an '07 Rev, would have trouble giving that biotch away.

yeah the '07 is the nightmare year. I wouldn't buy one, and have told other's to stay away from the '07 as well unless it has a brand spankin new engine and proof to go along with it!

Hope your neck heals up good. Thanks for the input.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have always had spare sleds and it sure comes in handy. However not for your self. You won't want to touch that sled ever again after riding your new one. Then it just becomes an expense to you for insurance and maintenance and storage. Just so your buddies can ride it lol. I keep mine for my gf which works out well. If you actually think you will be able to stand riding it they are good to have for November and June when the conditions are hit or miss. My spare is a 2010 so it's not brutal to ride if I have too. But it's a huge expense for once or twice a year. If my gf wasn't in to riding it would probly be for sale

Last edited:

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have always had spare sleds and it sure comes in handy. However not for your self. You won't want to touch that sled ever again after riding your new one. Then it just becomes an expense to you for insurance and maintenance and storage. Just so your buddies can ride it lol. I keep mine for my gf which works out well. If you actually think you will be able to stand riding it they are good to have for November and June when the conditions are hit or miss. My spare is a 2010 so it's not brutal to ride if I have too. But it's a huge expense for once or twice a year. If my gf wasn't in to riding it would probly be for sale

Yeah I think selling is the better option for me. If I get a bf that doesn't ride then he can rent his own sh!t...lol

Top Bottom