850 turbo 165 (stock clutch) vs Xpert 165 (iBackshift)

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Few things Joey has pointed out to me over the years and I see here in this thread

Rich a very smart man and all racing background.. has limited if no mountain exspirence and only cares about upshift.. back shift is not his xpertise..

Joey has pushed not over gearing like rich.. but I have also seen where 2.3 is better overall than 2.5 final gearing.. it allows for excess rpm, like in a jump or even having a belt blown in hitting limiter and possibly taking out a set of reeds in a climb..

Yes you might be making a bit more heat, but with good back shift and running at correct rpm, you can still have your reliability and it also makes the turbo work harder to maintain rpm.. giving you better track speed..

Last edited:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Notice a trend? xp/xm/g4 all hot clutch it is not just the xp. But the xp was bad as the mounts needed to be epoxied to stop from moving and delaminating. Local dealer sells alot of doo belts, poo dealer sells the odd one. Numerous buddies were blowing belts on various doo chassis, they switch to poo and same riding as before suddenly no more blown belts.
I was hoping with the p-drive things would be better, but that is not the case at all. And to have to pull the clutch off for a spring change is flat out stupid.

Last ride out two different 850 Poos blew belts. No manufacturer is exempt to blowing belts.....it happens. If one company had everything tuned and bulletproof we would all be riding the same sled.

powpowpowpow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
poo belt.jpg

1300 powder miles and belt has not been cleaned or scrubbed or even broken in.

On my Doo the belt was a nice shiny green, nice n glazed and would not make this mileage without blowing or pulling string.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got 1900 km out of the belt on my doo 850 it was still good and changed it just because I didn't want any trouble. Nice green colour and no threads. It does however have the latest update .I do feel like there is more to be had out of the sled Joe's kit may be what I am looking for but not %100 convinced .

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got 1900 km out of the belt on my doo 850 it was still good and changed it just because I didn't want any trouble. Nice green colour and no threads. It does however have the latest update .I do feel like there is more to be had out of the sled Joe's kit may be what I am looking for but not %100 convinced .

What is the latest update? I just phoned my dealer the other day to see if there was any updates and they said no there was no updates.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
View attachment 224269

1300 powder miles and belt has not been cleaned or scrubbed or even broken in.

On my Doo the belt was a nice shiny green, nice n glazed and would not make this mileage without blowing or pulling string.
1300 Powder miles? No trails to get to the pow? Deep pow every ride? You’re a big fat liar and a master cabin dweller. Maybe post a vid of you riding and let’s see how you ride. Haha

Last edited:

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The motor mount ,spring in the primary, gearing,belt. were all changed on my 2018 before I bought it in 2019 .

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the gearing change I believe this person, Catslutt.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Karl Custer just said on his face book live presentation on the new doo that most of his sleds are doing 60mph track speed in the lighter snow..

I guess Maxwell needs to fix his spedo.. 80 to 85 kmh is far from right, BB would work him with that with a lose plug wire

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Karl Custer just said on his face book live presentation on the new doo that most of his sleds are doing 60mph track speed in the lighter snow..

I guess Maxwell needs to fix his spedo.. 80 to 85 kmh is far from right, BB would work him with that with a lose plug wire

Where’s the vid of 60mph track speed? Who will be the first to post this magical, fantastical speed?
Steep, long, uphill climb, fresh track is required.

Last edited:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just take one out.. and see, with 170 hp and a shorty track.. it should at least be there

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just take one out.. and see, with 170 hp and a shorty track.. it should at least be there
I need to see proof. I don’t wanna ride one. I need to see these blowhard dootards show the speedo. I mean all this wooha wooha look at this new sled vids of the sled sitting still. Everybody rides with a go pro now. Why no shots of the 60mph on a good chew speedo shots? Hmmmmm. Joe showed a vid and he lives in flatland but he did the best he could showing a hill. Where is everyone is else’s? C’mon Maxwell. Post this insane track speed!

TreeThrasher

Reaction score
My turbo turns 48 to 53 in a tough chew, skis down grinding with no run into the hill. Lighter snow, little run, skis coming up at all it twists right up to 56 to 62. I will say I haven’t seen another stock turbo run with mine and I have ridden with a bunch of them...the stock clutching ones are down 3 to 4 to my setup it seems. Stock tune in mine, can and clutching only.

I believe Carl has some other tunes available for him too...

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need to see proof. I don’t wanna ride one. I need to see these blowhard dootards show the speedo. I mean all this wooha wooha look at this new sled vids of the sled sitting still. Everybody rides with a go pro now. Why no shots of the 60mph on a good chew speedo shots? Hmmmmm. Joe showed a vid and he lives in flatland but he did the best he could showing a hill. Where is everyone is else’s? C’mon Maxwell. Post this insane track speed!

It’s not insane it’s 85-90km/h in a tough deep snow chew is very respectable on a 165 3” 16 wide track. That’s 15-20km/h more than NA it’s extremely noticeable

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s not insane it’s 85-90km/h in a tough deep snow chew is very respectable on a 165 3” 16 wide track. That’s 15-20km/h more than NA it’s extremely noticeable
85-90kmh could very well be true. Let’s see it. Just a buncha words so far. I hope to see one soon and I can believe the hype and drink the doolaide.

Fyi-Doo is currently my fave manufacturer.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The skidoo guys are sure stretching the truth here. 79-81 kmh track speed is all that skidoo turbo can pull. Not sure how Karl and get 19 kmh more, maybe Sicamous gets better HP. Back to cluthcing.

The first thing to look at is the secondary spring.. 157/303 is a crazy stiff spring. I will be going lighter next season. I also want to look at and weigh the new ramps and see how they compare to the 965 ramps. The primary spring is a 150/350, I will also go lighter on that spring. These super stiff springs are horribly in-effiecent. I also find the straight 40 slow for backshift, on/off throttle response, and bottom end pull.

The team tied set up will take a bit to figure out as its so sensitive, but i expect some significant gains with this set up.

Top Bottom