2022 and 2023 850 high elevation clutching question? 8- 11,000 ft

Tuesdayyx

Reaction score
Recently did some riding at a friends in Utah. He had 2 polaris 850s and we were riding some pretty high elevation for me around the 8-11 000 mark. He does take care of his equipment but he is not very technical. Well after riding 3 days both sleds at elevation were only able to pull max 7400-7600 rpms and most times would start to fall off. Because I was only visiting a short time I didnt get to go through the sleds. He bought them in ogden but I am 99% sure its just stock clutching that it came with even though thats the area they ride in. The 22 has maybe 600 miles, belt deflection was good, the 23 is around 200 miles belt deflection was also fine.

He called the dealer today and they said do you want stage 1 or stage 2? I was confused by this as its a non turbo. I told him to get some clarification about whats all involved with it.

Long story short, what are riders using for this elevation (mid to deep mountain riding conditions). I read some just lower the primary weight. Of course a few companies offer and entire clutch kit for 500$ plus install.

I live to far away to change it for him just curious what others have found that works.

I already gave him the speach "A good local dealer should have set that up properly"

Thanks

Top Bottom