Keep as spare or sell

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure he pays you in new $100 bills Rowdy. I had a buddy who sold his 07 Doo XRS for $8000 back in 09 and the guy gave him a counterfeit bank draft from the TD bank. The bank was amazed at the quality of the forgery. The cops never found his sled and insurance wouldn't cover it as it was fraud and not theft.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure he pays you in new $100 bills Rowdy. I had a buddy who sold his 07 Doo XRS for $8000 back in 09 and the guy gave him a counterfeit bank draft from the TD bank. The bank was amazed at the quality of the forgery. The cops never found his sled and insurance wouldn't cover it as it was fraud and not theft.

OUCH now that would kinda pee me off dayum

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope.

I would never do a deal like that. It could become a huge headache for you. If he is good for it, then the banks should have no problem loaning the mula. he can go to a bank like everyone else and pay interest...unless you hold the sled in your posession fully until it's payed off.

Most banks won't give you a loan for something like a sled if the purchase price is less than $5000 Cuso. He would have to set up a operating loan and buy it on that.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Gonna do a money transfer. :)

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Certified cheques and bank drafts are the new scam.

Our banks says they have 3 fraud chqs a week.

Cash only.

from my HTC

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sell it. NOW!

In 2 months no one wants to buy a sled, they are thinking of summer.

My season ended before it even started, and I had the same dilema. I figure I could keep it and maybe ride one more time this season, or sell it while the market is at it's peak. If you sell next fall, you won't get as much as now, and if you buy new it will never get used. Plus it's just taking up room.

One thing, if your friends want to come riding, and they don't have a sled, get them to rent one. Then you don't have to worry of something, or everything going wrong.

As for mods, yeah they are fun, and it's nice to customize, but in reality, when it's time to slap that donkey's ass, it only makes the sled sell easier.

I figure you get MAYBE $0.25 on the dollar for every mod, you are better to sell the sled as stock as possible, and sell the goodies separate. (Risers, skis..wheel kit etc.) KIJIJI it! Mind you there are not a lot of things that you can swap out in a couple of hours to make it worth it. A lot of things were needed, like the reeds, boards, gears, vents...

And never sell to someone you know. Sure you know it's a good sled, and nothing will go wrong, BUT! if something does... then you will feel bad and hard feelings could surface..

your right never sell to a buddy and sell the extras seperate

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Certified cheques and bank drafts are the new scam.

Our banks says they have 3 fraud chqs a week.

Cash only.

from my HTC
I take bank drafts no problem but you have to ask for a business card from the teller who issued it. That's the Only way I will take a draft.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it were me, I would keep the sled as a backup in case your new one goes down. Mine went down this winter for a few weeks, I didn't have a backup and lost out on some great riding. When I get my new sled I will be keeping my current sled as a backup just for that reason. Good luck with whatever choice you make Rowdy.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1237030_10153275984535111_363597188_n.jpg

Well her new owner came to get her today. I sucked back some tears, and he was really excited. This deal couldn't have worked out better. :D :beer:

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep a 2014 summit SP 800 154. Pretty excited. But sad to see the old gal go. This deal worked out pretty good for the both of us so I'm happy I went thru with it. :)

Burns

Reaction score
Too funny - your old sled now lives down the street from me. I was trying to figure out what was under that tarp...

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep a 2014 summit SP 800 154. Pretty excited. But sad to see the old gal go. This deal worked out pretty good for the both of us so I'm happy I went thru with it. :)
Yes Krista the deal worked out awesome for both of you I haven't seen Stu this happy in a long time!! Thanks again for this deal you sold the sled to a good guy. Hope to ride with you this winter.

Top Bottom