Temporary Closure of Groundhog mountain in Blue River January 2016

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 losers go ride out of bounds, so they close it all to everyone? Right on.... Maybe, just maybe,, those 2 losers aren't the biggest problem here. Whatever.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 losers go ride out of bounds, so they close it all to everyone? Right on.... Maybe, just maybe,, those 2 losers aren't the biggest problem here. Whatever.
Problem is Dan the two loosers was the last straw, just like the ones before and the ones before that

U can only get strike 3 d so many times

Frisby and sale is going to be the same way if the dip sh!t's keep going there

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have fawked up for too many years by not lobbying government properly and not obeying rules. Now they are playing hard ball and we need to toe the line or get shut out completely. Groundhog used to be managed by a club I was a member of and it has had many many trespass issues over the last decade. People need to learn some respect but unfortunately I don't see a lot of it with the newer sledders. As Curtis said we need to self police when we see these issues on the mountain.

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why not make the boundary line and then have a buffer zone? Like really you think everyone is gonna just stop on the mark? Give ma a break especially if the snows skinny..

dooin800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sick1, the snow will be even skinner if we lose another area. Most areas are singed in Groundhog, no buffer needed if you just look, try and respect.

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know what the signs mean and stand for.. Its not me just saying there can be a happy medium.

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you drive down the road do you slow down before at or after a speed limit sign? Better put up some barb wire to keep the kids quarantined lol since its obviously black and white with no grey area.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you drive down the road do you slow down before at or after a speed limit sign? Better put up some barb wire to keep the kids quarantined lol since its obviously black and white with no grey area.
Please sell your sled as your attitude clearly shows you are one of the problem riders. Laws are black and white, the enforcer may choose to give some lenience. This area has been a problem for many years and the lenience is gone.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Oops, I crossed the line ;)... lol

But check out all the tracks in the background in out of bounds areas... this is at the back of the main valley past the cabin at Quartz... We told a few riders to get out of that area and they obliged, no problem.... said they sidehilled into that area and never saw the signs :(

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 538
Last edited:

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fyi Ive told numerous guys to stay in bounds for the reason this post is up, and you will never see me in blue.. So no i'm not the problem the whole blue river scenario is pretty screwed in my opinion. Go ride any paid area you will see the same thing happening, Eg. allen, clemina, so forth. So guess they will be shutting them down soon enough too. I rarely ride club areas I prefer to ride pow not whooped roads and pavement up top.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Problem is Dan the two loosers was the last straw, just like the ones before and the ones before that

U can only get strike 3 d so many times

Frisby and sale is going to be the same way if the dip sh!t's keep going there

There you go, Frisby is a perfect example. There is ALWAYS tracks in the closures there. And there is NOTHING as a responsible sledder that I can do
to stop these fawks.

Guess we're screwed long term.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oops, I crossed the line ;)... lol

But check out all the tracks in the background in out of bounds areas... this is at the back of the main valley past the cabin at Quartz... We told a few riders to get out of that area and they obliged, no problem.... said they sidehilled into that area and never saw the signs :(

Same thing up the other valley.

On another note…How many times has that row of signs crept further into cabin bowl?

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could FLNRO not land and get their info?

I know that the chopper over Willmore Wilderness Park has landed and confronted people, and or waited at trucks for peeps riding in the park. I understand that won't keep everyone out; but it sure will make alot of people think harder about crossing that line as well as educating themselves as to where the boundries are. It is easier here to just follow sled tracks back to a truck and wait, but if they can get pics like that and forward them to officers on the ground; they could have a truck waiting in the parking lot. Everyone has to go back out to the same place. Hand out a few $5000 certificates on a Federal level that can't be ignored to a few people and attitudes will get adjusted pretty quick. Or post immediate snowmobile siezure until a fine is paid. Hit the violaters hard enough so the fresh snow in the closed areas just isn't worth it. Then buzz a heli over the areas once in awhile to keep it in peoples minds that the signs are not just for show.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There you go, Frisby is a perfect example. There is ALWAYS tracks in the closures there. And there is NOTHING as a responsible sledder that I can do
to stop these fawks.

Guess we're screwed long term.
Unfortunately yes

Last week when I was up queest, I went to the back and checked to see if Amy tracks, looked ok

There was a group that showed up while we ate at lunch, and I could see a few looking that way

I yelled at them to keep out, explained where and what it is

They where ok with it after

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know that the chopper over Willmore Wilderness Park has landed and confronted people, and or waited at trucks for peeps riding in the park. I understand that won't keep everyone out; but it sure will make alot of people think harder about crossing that line as well as educating themselves as to where the boundries are. It is easier here to just follow sled tracks back to a truck and wait, but if they can get pics like that and forward them to officers on the ground; they could have a truck waiting in the parking lot. Everyone has to go back out to the same place. Hand out a few $5000 certificates on a Federal level that can't be ignored to a few people and attitudes will get adjusted pretty quick. Or post immediate snowmobile siezure until a fine is paid. Hit the violaters hard enough so the fresh snow in the closed areas just isn't worth it. Then buzz a heli over the areas once in awhile to keep it in peoples minds that the signs are not just for show.
That is a start

But ultimately we as a group , need to tell, explain, beat it into the bad apples heads

Or the area we have will be so small or gone

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where's the date on this photo ??
is it last years ??
It could be a wiggles pay out to give sledders
a bad rap
again
and again
evan fish cops get paid off

just saying
dont belive everything

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where's the date on this photo ??
is it last years ??
It could be a wiggles pay out to give sledders
a bad rap
again
and again
evan fish cops get paid off

just saying
dont belive everything

The sled on the right wasn't even built for the photo to be last year ? Sorry
Picture will have a date I am sure but not shown in picture.

Top Bottom