Temporary Closure of Groundhog mountain in Blue River January 2016

Blueriversledz-Digger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big Thanks to Non-compliant riders on Groundhog Mountain during the New Year.

Groundhog East & West riding areas are Temporarily closed as of Jan.5, 2016 due to non-compliant riders around the area.

To the non-compliant riders that feel they have the right to ride where ever they wish are ruining the sport for the rest of us riders following the rules.

The riders photographed by FLNRO on Jan.3 2016 are in a a well known and heavily signed Caribou closure area near Blue River.

Irresponsible rider like the couple photographed are ruining this sport, if you recognize these riders feel free to give them a swift kick upside the head with a frozen boot.
Douch.jpg

Attachments

• Non-compliants.jpg
    Non-compliants.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 957

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's tragic is all the work people like you put into this for people like me and the guys like this strip this privilege from all of us. I am asking you, all the volunteers, BRPP and all the supporting vendors to walk away with this...PLEASE don't give up fighting for those of us who get what you do, respect and appreciate it because people like me need people like you!! Know that all you have done IS recognized and worth while.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the well worded comment FastFarmer, it's a shame that a small minority is able to ruin this for us all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is terrible news. We all MUST start self policing our peers or we will face more of these closures and they may be permanent. This is my worst fear when we go through times of drought.....if you think we are not far off from losing it all you are sadly mistaken and our self righteous attitudes need to change.

Those of us work work and or volunteer for clubs honestly don't care if its hard to find fresh snow in certain times. A closure is a closure and we fight hard not to have all of BC shut down for sledding.

Whether you believe in the reasoning or not, there is only one way to deter future closures....and that is with respect.
Sorry to the hard working people in Blue River Sledz and Sled Blue River.

Ride safe and ride smart.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We need more sledders with mentalities like this...

What's tragic is all the work people like you put into this for people like me and the guys like this strip this privilege from all of us. I am asking you, all the volunteers, BRPP and all the supporting vendors to walk away with this...PLEASE don't give up fighting for those of us who get what you do, respect and appreciate it because people like me need people like you!! Know that all you have done IS recognized and worth while.

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everyone needs to be an ambassador for the sport and these communities, the people that live there and everyone who enjoys it. Curtis is exactly right! People have to start to step it up and fight for what's right, numbers and unity get results and keeps this available to us. Whatever I can do, someone just let me know and I'm there.

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Too bad plates weren't mounted on the sleds.

77Crash77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Red dodge. Stayed at glacier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Sam Phillips and Teylor Roberts are real easy to find on Facebook if it actually was them.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sam Phillips and Teylor Roberts are real easy to find on Facebook if it actually was them.

Probably not them, every sledder I know on FB have tons of photos of their sled, they have none.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He was easy to find. Found Sam and then checked his friends list for Teylor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can someone show me and possibly the thousands of the general viewers who FLNRO is, these closures map wise, and how they effect us... I would hate for me and everyone to come to the wrong conclusions either way. I have heard/read lots of negative feedback from sledders that are possibly uninformed.

I agree we should abide by the sanctions stricken upon us... well kinda..

Thank you.

P.S. I know tis may be a lot of BS work for some, but is there any possibility to have a "sticky" thread to inform some about the closures with maps?

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can someone show me and possibly the thousands of the general viewers who FLNRO is, these closures map wise, and how they effect us... I would hate for me and everyone to come to the wrong conclusions either way. I have heard/read lots of negative feedback from sledders that are possibly uninformed.

I agree we should abide by the sanctions stricken upon us... well kinda..

Thank you.

P.S. I know tis may be a lot of BS work for some, but is there any possibility to have a "sticky" thread to inform some about the closures with maps?

Maps are available here. You can even download the file right onto your gps.

Super sh!tty deal about groundhog. Hopefully just temporary. Is there anyway to ban certain people from riding BRPP managed areas?

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I googled like most anyone would,and did find the website, the exact link is definitely easier to find with just a click.

Maps are available here. You can even download the file right onto your gps.

Super sh!tty deal about groundhog. Hopefully just temporary. Is there anyway to ban certain people from riding BRPP managed areas?

Top Bottom