so the more they close down the further it will
push every one farther in tho the mountains to other new places

and no
they can't keep sleds out of the mountains
so I will just ride further

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The saddest part is most of bc is closed. I can't belive we live in a country so huge with so few people. But yet we have very little access to recreation. Random camping. Quading. Sledding. Small areas put lots of pressure on them. With lots of riders in small places the odds of a few dicks who don't follow the rules are greater. they are slowly taking areas like caribou basin in revy. Not many guys ride there. But it's closed. Putting a extra 10 trucks a weekend somewhere else. Take the little ones first then close the bigs. Sure glad Im not young. I've experinced track free sledding all my life. I'm not sure the future generations will be so lucky.

Last edited:

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
The saddest part is most of bc is closed. I can't belive we live in a country so huge with so few people. But yet we have very little access to recreation. Random camping. Quading. Sledding. Small areas put lots of pressure on them. With lots of riders in small places the odds of a few dicks who don't follow the rules are greater. they are slowly taking areas like caribou basin in revy. Not many guys ride there. But it's closed. Putting a extra 10 trucks a weekend somewhere else. Take the little ones first then close the bigs. Sure glad Im not young. I've experinced track free sledding all my life. I'm not sure the future generations will be so lucky.
And almost all of these closures are caused by US. We (not me) go quading and leave our garbage and beer cans and all kinds of chit laying around. We go sledding and don't obey the signage. Same with random camping. No one knows how to clean up after themselves anymore. Is VERY disheartening.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.

rider4life

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good point
Wiggles scam then
lol

if I saw a sign then I would turn around
blue is nothing but drama
the Canadian Rockys are really big
so the more they close down the further it will
push every one farther in tho the mountains to other new places

and no
they can't keep sleds out of the mountains
so I will just ride further

Actually they can keep sleds out of the mountains, in fact if the Government, either federal or provincial in this case, wanted to they could ban sledding or any motorized recreation on any crown land. It's people with attitudes like these guys, or yours for saying they cant stop me and I'll just ride further, that ruin it for the rest of us!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And almost all of these closures are caused by US. We (not me) go quading and leave our garbage and beer cans and all kinds of chit laying around. We go sledding and don't obey the signage. Same with random camping. No one knows how to clean up after themselves anymore. Is VERY disheartening.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.
The age of entitlement and selfie culture.

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ready don't understand why all take the punishment for two sledders actions?? Next time I get a speeding ticket in BC will everyone help me pay it?? If they have the resources to fly over and take pictures surely land and hit them with a big fat fine.... Need to stop this mentality of everyone pays for ones wrong doing........ My 2 cents

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey rider4life
u should call brp and Polaris and all the others sled company's tommorw
and tell them to stop building sleds cuz there will be no where to ride
any more
lol

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey rider4life
u should call brp and Polaris and all the others sled company's tommorw
and tell them to stop building sleds cuz there will be no where to ride
any more
lol

Lol the manufacturers aren't that active in keeping riding areas open. Likely because they sell way more machines back east. Hate to break it to you but the mountain segment is small potatoes to those guys.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
unphucking real :realmad: there are signs everywhere out there and judging by the picture visibility was clear. I could see a mistake if Vis was poor. That is clearly somebody wanting fresh snow and don't care about the consequences.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would this affect Salmon as well or just Goundhog east/west? We're planning on going that way for this weekend and these are the only areas I know.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Groundhog is a great area in Blue river where sledding can be enjoyed by all levels of sledders, to get in the basic areas you didn't have to be a more advanced rider. This was under the radar by the government as carabou were known to be in this area. There is out of bounds areas and most are marked. The BRPP club worked hard to keep this area open this year as it was a target by the government. They did mention on here and many other places that people need to respect the boundaries, im sure this was in many conversations in the town as well. If there was any breaches of the boundaries they would temporarily loose the area. This was breached and this area is under closure. Hopefully people like Blue River Sledz can convince the government that this wont happen again and maybe the people who breached this will think of there actions before they go out of bounds. Ive seen this in golden as well, Is all that powder over there worth getting caught, but all the public humiliation that comes with that as well if your partially responsible for having an area shut down. Lets use our common sense here. Theres a reason people are upset, imagine if this was your town and suddenly a area like this got shut down, what would it do for the town as well?

Thankyou.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would this affect Salmon as well or just Goundhog east/west? We're planning on going that way for this weekend and these are the only areas I know.
I believe just groundhog. Don't see why you couldn't still stage at Messiter and ride salmon or foam.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why can't people respect and appreciate that we are lucky to be able to go where we go and do what we do ? Instead, a trail of sandwich wrappers and beer cans , cigarette butts, pop bottles, tin foil, blown belts, everything . Can carry it in full but no room to squish it and take it out. Used to mom cleaning up after them, selfish inconsiderate slobs. All the work and volunteer time put into warm up cabins , some of these dip$hits come into a warm cabin, made by volunteers or parks, fire going nice and warm , benches and hooks to warm and dry , then have a beer and sammich finish up and leave their $$hit right where it lays, or put it in the garbage can, like there's gonna be a truck by soon. And imagine, a gazillion members on this forum, but not one of us does this or rides in closure areas. Yeah right . If this is you, knock it off, if you see someone doing it, speak up, if the culprit is to big or to many take a pic and publish it on here, sometimes shaming the $hit outa some of these entitled prickks is the only way to cause change.

Last edited:

scottp

Reaction score
A group of us are planning a trip out there and are wondering what areas to go to now. Our group has experienced and newbie riders so we need to keep it simple.
Any suggestions?

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought a new easier ride area just opened for this year. 'Coulies' I think is the name. 23km ride from town and groomed at times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom