IMMEDIATE AREA CLOSURE IN AFFECT for BLUE RIVER, BC

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's been said in this post already. This isn't a about Caribou, this is about sledders. If you have a sled.. You are a problem. They aren't shutting down these areas because they are finding dead murdered animals with sled tracks all around them.

If you're gonna quote me get it right. "It's not about Caribou, it's about Yellowstone to Yukon". Sled's are not a problem. We're just a convenient politically correct scapegoat.

Last edited:

birdie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This photo of the mtn caribou was in Revy frisby ridge just above the cabin in 2001
They were laying down and we were about 200 yards away
they never got up
We stopped 6 sleds and took photos for 5-7 minutes and then left with them still sleeping and laying there

Animals adapt to man and always have
Some City folks do not get this

Birdie

J2560x1920-10993.jpg

Hylode

Reaction score
Nice Picture Birdie ! A few years Back we came across a few in Oasis , but it was before smart phones , and when I pull my camera out the batteries were dead ! :(
There were 4 of them and one was a yearling calf .
They just stood there and stared , typical caribou , but when they caught our scent , back to the bush they went !

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I seen a samsquanch on the one lake in fingers. Its not the caribou, its the government protecting the damn samsquanches

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Word is the guy that lives just west of the trail up started grooming it. Got too much traffic cause of this. Was nice to ride to from town.... Oh well.

Top Bottom