Do they ever listen??

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Am I missing something here in regards to Ford using their own money and everyone else is using our money.....didn't GM pay back their loan with interest???:confused::confused:

They paid back the first bail out they took 2 of them

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This thread is about salespeople not women.....well unless the salesperson is a woman

So i'm at the Dodge dealer getting an oil change so I decide to walk the lot and look at new heavy duty's which there was nothing that peaked my interest. Out slinks a salesman "pretty nice trucks huh?" I say " all I see is farmer trucks and oil field trucks" (long boxes and plain jane white) " well what are you looking for?"..."1 ton laramie non dually non mega cab"..."no i don't see 1 of those...but what are you driving now?" "hemi sport halfer" " pre 08?" " 04" " oh you must be spending a ton gas you must get horible gas milage?" " If I wanted gas milage I would have bought a Toyota" "Yeah their pretty good" " Come over here I have exactly what you what" so we walk over to the half tons " here is what you are looking for (1500 laramie) I said " you didn't listen to a word I said" " yeah you said laramie non dually non mega cab" " no sh!t they don't make a dually or a mega cab in a 1/2 ton....i see you don't have what I need" started walking away " what was it you wanted?" "1 ton laramie non dually non mega cab" "Yeah if you want something THAT specific we will have to put out a search at it might take up to a month" "Thats ok Sherwood dodge has about 15 on the lot all different colors I was there yesterday" " you might wanna ask they maybe they are all sold a pending pick up :rolleyes: ......But in the next couple weeks I have 17 trucks coming in i'm not sure what they are if half tons or heavy dutys so if you what my card you can keep checking with me maybe I will get something in like that unless it sold right off the truck" I said "no thanks no rush to get one they build them everyday"

My wifes work is close by stop pick up her car a take it to nissan to get an oil change I again walk the lot. Out walks the salesman "what can I do for you?" " nothing just getting an oil change and it's nice out so I thought I would walk around" " Oh what kinda of car is it?" " a year old Altima" "why did what to get rid of it?" "I not getting rid of it" " well everyone who comes here walks around looking at new cars wants to buy one" " You didn't hear a word I said... I said i'm getting an oil change and it was nice out so I was walking the lot" " well if there is anything I can help you with just look for me"

:nono:

They dont listen to good on the phone also. Talked to a salesman 4 times about a longbox 3500 diesel in Red Deer. Drove down Sat AM just to see it was a 2500. Nice truck just not enough carrying capacity. They said sorry. Nothing else

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
When I went and got my challenger I told the lady I was looking for a 6 speed....Hemi....Red...Without the DVD screen. Shes comes out with the keys for a Blue....6 cylinder...automatic.....WITH the screen....and says "oh well these ones are just as popular..... We sell more v6's than we do the big v8's..... I left. Next place I went to he quoted me a price on what I wanted and I asked him to print it out so I could talk it home and look at it... his answer... "ya.........um..........whatever here" throws a sheet at my with option codes he printed off I couldnt make any sense of and in pencil at the top he wrote a price... lol" So I went to sherwood dodge and told the lady... "here is what I want" She went and got the keys for me to a fully loaded one for the same price as the last place so I got it... she was an AMAZING sales lady. Far less agressive than the guys were... and actually cared about me getting what I wanted.... not just getting rid of something they had.

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All these new trucks with those exhaust/emissions filters are a joke, I would never buy one, those 6.7 cummins are the worse engines cummins ever made, their even worse then fords 6.7, if you go to RBauctions you'll see the pickups going for a pretty high price... Why? Because people are buying those trucks and putting new engines in them. People I have talked to that have those brand new trucks hate them, you'll be driving along and all the sudden they stall. And could you imagine if you were going up a hill with a trailer when it stalls..... Now that would just suck...

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've custom ordered my last 2 trucks and know exactly what I'm getting, how much it's going to cost, and when it's going to be there for me to pick it up. sure a lot less hassle that way, and so far a lot cheaper than buying one off the lot. when a guy is spending 50K or more, why go through all the BS of looking for one? I know a while in advance that I'm going to get a new one....

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
All these new trucks with those exhaust/emissions filters are a joke, I would never buy one, those 6.7 cummins are the worse engines cummins ever made, their even worse then fords 6.7, if you go to RBauctions you'll see the pickups going for a pretty high price... Why? Because people are buying those trucks and putting new engines in them. People I have talked to that have those brand new trucks hate them, you'll be driving along and all the sudden they stall. And could you imagine if you were going up a hill with a trailer when it stalls..... Now that would just suck...

Hmmm, dont know who you are talking to but stalling trucks??? Never heard of it...I think you should check your sources. I drive a 6.7 Dodge and its FAR from the worst engine...

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
They dont listen to good on the phone also. Talked to a salesman 4 times about a longbox 3500 diesel in Red Deer. Drove down Sat AM just to see it was a 2500. Nice truck just not enough carrying capacity. They said sorry. Nothing else

My boss is selling 08 laramie long box 3500 60km with 10 months warranty left mint shape the only thing it hauled around was a broken pallet a wet card board box and a empty ginger ale bottle ......

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
My boss is selling 08 laramie long box 3500 60km with 10 months warranty left mint shape the only thing it hauled around was a broken pallet a wet card board box and a empty ginger ale bottle ......

Sounds like My wifes truck we just sold.

Highmarker03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like what was said earlier.....i would be more afraid of the mechanic doing my oil change than the salesman. Thats why I stay out of dealerships unless I am buying a truck! Do yourself a favor and take the 30 minutes to do the oil yourself. Then you KNOW it was done right, save some cash, and don't have to listen to a salesmans BS!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

why aren't you jumping on that one?

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks to me like someone needs to approve Cyle's posts beforehand.:d

Either you need to do some research or your a ford fan with their head buried in the sand about how ford got money from the gov't and don't think it counts as a bailout :rolleyes: Ford got plenty of money from the gov't to. Go look it up......

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Either you need to do some research or your a ford fan with their head buried in the sand about how ford got money from the gov't and don't think it counts as a bailout :rolleyes: Ford got plenty of money from the gov't to. Go look it up......

.... Me ! :)

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That sounds like alot of research. I think I'd prefer to just keep my head in the sand......thankyou!:d

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hah, love reading through threads like this! And yep I like my Dodge pickups, have had a few, and ALL were extremely reliable over worked trucks. Currently drive a chevy cuz I got it cheap and it's been a good truck so far. The brand loyalty debate has raged for years, and will rage on for decades to come. My dad can remember when Chevrolet's out sold Ford/Mercury AND Dodge/Fargo COMBINED!! He is a GMC Detroit diesel lover (ya know 6.2L N/A and turbo/6.5L N/A and Turbo) but currently pulls his fifth wheel with a 1ton Dodge, cuz as he put it "...it's the cummins I bought".

All modern trucks are garbage, gas...diesel!! No matter the brand. With the ever stringent emissions that both gas AND diesel have to continue to meet, the manufacturers, no matter who, have to spend a lot of money here to save a whole bunch there! I work on vehicles everyday. Talk to owners and drivers and very very few have anything really nice to say other than the odd "....it's been an alright truck, but I have had to take it in for this and for that, blah blahblah...". And yeah the initial 6 months of the 6.7L cummins had issues, they did stall or didn't start stalling always happened seconds after start up never when they were driving, it was fixed with a re-flash. The 6.7L is basically a punched out 5.9L, lots of 5.9L parts will fit a 6.7L and vice versa! Cummins still has the BEST track record of the big diesel manufactures. Take it as you will.....

As far as government bailouts, I know for a fact that both GM and Chrysler were stupid!! They were not money wise and didn't cut back until it was too late! Chrysler took government loans and as everyone knows DaimlerChrysler was once again almost non-existant when they filed for bankruptcy, until Fiat bought the 20% Daimler benz owned! And from what I have read is that Fiat has proposed buying another 10% stake in the new Chrysler LLC. Chrysler LLC is actually doing quite well now thanks to good financial management, and increased product quality. GM also took government loans and is apparently doing better also. As far as I read Ford did not take government loans, Ford was taken over by the family again (at the management level) and the young William Clay Ford Jr. and scaled back money spending big time to get their financial house in order. They had this happen JUST in the nick of time. However to secure their finances Ford did go for Loan Securities (this was not actually taking money from the government, but a just "incase we need it" deal) to be sure they could cover their warranty costs on the vehicles sold! And yeah it seems Ford FINALLY has engines that are competitive, leaving GM behind and finally able to keep up with the mighty HEMI!! LOL

As far as going to any dealership for any maintenance for any vehicle, NEVER! Remember that the dealership makes money on repairs, NOT maintenance! Therefore when you enter the service department and say you want this replaced and that serviced, 80% of the time it doesn't happen! I have caught a number of dealers in Edmonton and Red Deer that have not performed serviced paid for.

Go ahead tear apart everything I have said....:d I love a good debate!!:p:beer:

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a thru and thru Chev guy and I don't have any friends that have complained once about there new fords or dodges! All I been hearing is good stuff which is a bit strange. And if u can't trust your dealer maybe you should find a new dealership! JS

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hah, love reading through threads like this! And yep I like my Dodge pickups, have had a few, and ALL were extremely reliable over worked trucks. Currently drive a chevy cuz I got it cheap and it's been a good truck so far. The brand loyalty debate has raged for years, and will rage on for decades to come. My dad can remember when Chevrolet's out sold Ford/Mercury AND Dodge/Fargo COMBINED!! He is a GMC Detroit diesel lover (ya know 6.2L N/A and turbo/6.5L N/A and Turbo) but currently pulls his fifth wheel with a 1ton Dodge, cuz as he put it "...it's the cummins I bought".

All modern trucks are garbage, gas...diesel!! No matter the brand. With the ever stringent emissions that both gas AND diesel have to continue to meet, the manufacturers, no matter who, have to spend a lot of money here to save a whole bunch there! I work on vehicles everyday. Talk to owners and drivers and very very few have anything really nice to say other than the odd "....it's been an alright truck, but I have had to take it in for this and for that, blah blahblah...". And yeah the initial 6 months of the 6.7L cummins had issues, they did stall or didn't start stalling always happened seconds after start up never when they were driving, it was fixed with a re-flash. The 6.7L is basically a punched out 5.9L, lots of 5.9L parts will fit a 6.7L and vice versa! Cummins still has the BEST track record of the big diesel manufactures. Take it as you will.....

As far as government bailouts, I know for a fact that both GM and Chrysler were stupid!! They were not money wise and didn't cut back until it was too late! Chrysler took government loans and as everyone knows DaimlerChrysler was once again almost non-existant when they filed for bankruptcy, until Fiat bought the 20% Daimler benz owned! And from what I have read is that Fiat has proposed buying another 10% stake in the new Chrysler LLC. Chrysler LLC is actually doing quite well now thanks to good financial management, and increased product quality. GM also took government loans and is apparently doing better also. As far as I read Ford did not take government loans, Ford was taken over by the family again (at the management level) and the young William Clay Ford Jr. and scaled back money spending big time to get their financial house in order. They had this happen JUST in the nick of time. However to secure their finances Ford did go for Loan Securities (this was not actually taking money from the government, but a just "incase we need it" deal) to be sure they could cover their warranty costs on the vehicles sold! And yeah it seems Ford FINALLY has engines that are competitive, leaving GM behind and finally able to keep up with the mighty HEMI!! LOL

As far as going to any dealership for any maintenance for any vehicle, NEVER! Remember that the dealership makes money on repairs, NOT maintenance! Therefore when you enter the service department and say you want this replaced and that serviced, 80% of the time it doesn't happen! I have caught a number of dealers in Edmonton and Red Deer that have not performed serviced paid for.

Go ahead tear apart everything I have said....:d I love a good debate!!:p:beer:

Well said but................don't you think you should have had Cyle approve this post before posting it? Just saying..... :d:beer:

Top Bottom