Do they ever listen??

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
and if you combined ford and dodge it would be higher? i don't get what you are trying to prove. Chev and GMC are different trucks. Lot's of people I know who have owned one would not buy the other. I really don't have a problem with any one brand(i'm not a dodge fan but would buy one if the right deal came along) but the numbers don't lie

The point is that they (Chevrolet and GMC) are both General Motors products and are generally the same except for the name. Sort of like the olden days of Ford and Mercury trucks.....

It isn't at all like combining Ford and Dodge and I didn't imply that.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and if you combined ford and dodge it would be higher? i don't get what you are trying to prove. Chev and GMC are different trucks. Lot's of people I know who have owned one would not buy the other. I really don't have a problem with any one brand(i'm not a dodge fan but would buy one if the right deal came along) but the numbers don't lie

Hahahahahaha!!! What? Are you serious? Chevrolet and GMC trucks are 100% identical. The only major difference being the logo and grille.

You can't say one is different than the other when under subtle body style changes is the exact same truck.

No. Shaun.

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahahahahaha!!! What? Are you serious? Chevrolet and GMC trucks are 100% identical. The only major difference being the logo and grille.

You can't say one is different than the other when under subtle body style changes is the exact same truck.

Sure you can... look

Chevy and GMC are 2 different trucks!

there said it

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Actually they ride differently. They aren't exactly the same, very close tho.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Actually they ride differently. They aren't exactly the same, very close tho.

boys,,, unfortuneatly GMC and CHEV are exact same trucks,,,, only cosmetic differances,, ie hood, grill, trim pieces etc....

GMC has always been the slightly higher end finish and they offer the denali wich is not the same as any chevs really.....

glen I have heard people get in the exact same vehicle and claim a ride differance,, maybe tires are inflated different or something but they are the same.

I like the GMC look my self between the 2

all the big 3 have their own thing and Ford owns the highest selling truck because of fleet and rental sales, they also have the lowest re sale so it all equals out in the wash,,,

I like em all for different reasons

Griz-L-Bar

Reaction score
Not too sure how they lead when a Silverado 3500 tows more, and does it faster with less sag in the suspension, not to mention stops faster, and has a better exhaust brake, and stronger chassis.... Not to mention the million year lag the turbo has on the Sooper doody PowerJoke..

Still, not to mention that Ford cant seem to make good use of 400HP and 800Ftlbs

Chevy has power in the high 300's and torque in the high 700's and it still out does the ford in every category, even at max tow.

And Ram makes 800Ftlbs at 1600rpm.

The high 300's is actually 397 HP. and the high 700's is 765 TQ

Which on any given day or different motor could be different. Thats only 3 HP and 35 TQ less then the Ford. Basically a drop in the barrell.

And if it is still a true Chev motor it will be factory underatted, will it not?
10 maybe even 15 years ago Chev had by far a better truck never a diesel though, well the N/A 6.2L was good gutlass but good, but not anymore.

You chev guys get all fluffed up real quick because you know the walls are closing in, even with gov't funding couldn't make a better 1/2 ton, sports car, mid size, and very soon HD. Fit and finish in the Ford,s are 1st place compared to plastic jap scrap dashs chev has now. And as far as ride goes Ford is so close to chev I can't tell the difference anymore.

JMO:beer:

parts

Reaction score
Doesn't matter what you drive or buy,as the saying goes "t*ts,tires or tracks sooner or later it will cost ya"

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't like the look of the ford hd's. I think they are over done and cartoony. Inside and out. Dodge has by far the best looks and chevy second.... Jmo

Sent from my white iPhone 4

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

This is funny because almost anyone who has driven both will tell you they are different. If they were the same truck why would they bother producing two different lines of trucks and spend extra money to produce two different kinds. This is like saying for and Lincoln are the same

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is funny because almost anyone who has driven both will tell you they are different. If they were the same truck why would they bother producing two different lines of trucks and spend extra money to produce two different kinds. This is like saying for and Lincoln are the same

Remember this is Gm we are talking about. How many vehicles do they have now with supercharged engines making over 540hp? Two camaro's, a corvette, a cadillac:eek::eek::eek:, and an SUV that I can think of. Meanwhile Ford is building cars that people want with new innovation and fuel mileage and not getting government loans to do it. Don't get me wrong. I love hp as you can see but you don't see Ford building 550 hp Lincolns.:rolleyes:

Phyer Phyter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I pulled wrenches many yrs ago in a couple GM stores. Have seen many times "M" Vans come with Astro on one side and Safari name plate on the other. (one is GMC, the other is Chevrolet) it wasn't uncommon to receive chevrolet truck with a GMC Tailgate and a Chevrolet grille or vice versa.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
history of the brands is why they sell them under 2 different nameplates. Chevrolet trucks sell big in the US, GMC sell better in Canada. they are essentially identical, and always have been.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Remember this is Gm we are talking about. How many vehicles do they have now with supercharged engines making over 540hp? Two camaro's, a corvette, a cadillac:eek::eek::eek:, and an SUV that I can think of. Meanwhile Ford is building cars that people want with new innovation and fuel mileage and not getting government loans to do it. Don't get me wrong. I love hp as you can see but you don't see Ford building 550 hp Lincolns.:rolleyes:

haha no but you do see ford releasing vehicles like the raptor.....at least they do that on their own money though

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha no but you do see ford releasing vehicles like the raptor.....at least they do that on their own money though

I guess I don't see the reasoning behind a S/C Cadillac with 550hp or 2 S/C Camaro's 20hp apart?????? And we are paying for their stupidity!:nono:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gramma and Grampa bombing down the interstate in their caddy at mach 1 with both walkers strapped to the roof. Now that would be a sight wouldn't it?:eek::eek:

linksys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess I don't see the reasoning behind a S/C Cadillac with 550hp or 2 S/C Camaro's 20hp apart?????? And we are paying for their stupidity!:nono:

Am I missing something here in regards to Ford using their own money and everyone else is using our money.....didn't GM pay back their loan with interest???:confused::confused:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Am I missing something here in regards to Ford using their own money and everyone else is using our money.....didn't GM pay back their loan with interest???:confused::confused:

That's the word on the street. But carrying on like they did pre recession and guess what? Back to the public trough for another handout. My argument is....if you want to build a camaro to compete with Ford's Shelby build one, not 2. Does the caddy crowd need 550 hp? Same formula for success that got them into trouble the first time IMO. Now be nice.......I'm also a Deere guy! Lol.:d:d:beer::beer:

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

O ford didn't get bailout money to? Since when? All of the big 3 are equally retarded.

Top Bottom