Attachments

• Jeff Stuck.jpg
    Jeff Stuck.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 286

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My biggest one was 10 years ago.
Snowboarding at Canyon and breaking my hand by sitting down.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a goon rider from SK so this is usually how my attempt at tree riding ends up haha. I'm about 6'1 and I'm standing up in there
Lol

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My biggest one was 10 years ago.
Snowboarding at Canyon and breaking my hand by sitting down.
I did the exact same thing while my buddy was teaching me to snowboard the first time. Put my hands behind me while I sat down to stop me from slamming my tail bone, and next thing you know wrist is broken. I'll never live it down though cause of course it was on the bunny hill. .

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did the exact same thing while my buddy was teaching me to snowboard the first time. Put my hands behind me while I sat down to stop me from slamming my tail bone, and next thing you know wrist is broken. I'll never live it down though cause of course it was on the bunny hill. .

Mine wasn't on the bunny hill but just after I got off the chair. Went to get up, and lost my edge. As I tried to push myself my ring finger jammed into the snow causing a spiral fracture in the hand.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This would have been around 2007.
A bunch of us were riding the Judy Creek Pipeline area.
I had a 2004 Viper, 700. and the throttle kept sticking. Figured whatever, look at it back at the truck later.
We stopped for a lunch break and I had a quick look, didn't see anything. When we went to leave again, I was sitting side ways on the seat, pulled the cord and away my sled went. throttle stuck open. Luckily it only went about 50feet. before stoping. Didn't hit nothing so that was good.

Jumped back on it and hit the throttle. the cable snapped.

Of course the jokes and razing started. and I had my pride, I was not getting towed out. I tied my spare rip cord around the throttle linkage at the carbs, brought it up through the hood. now my throttle was a piece of rope. pull rope to go. This was hard to control. So i wrapped it around my left hand, keeping my hand tight to the mountain bar, making a fist gave me throttle, relaxing my hand it would slow. My right hand steered and kept close to the kill switch.

This worked for a bit. until we crossed a muddy rutted up lease road. I took a bad bump and fell off. And because the throttle was tied to my left hand, the motion of me fallen off suddenly put my sled into wide open throttle. this made the rope pull tighter around my hand.

So now I'm getting dragged through the mud on this road, bouncing along next to the track. hand tied to the throttle. I had lots of time to think how stupid this was. Well, the machine steered itself off the road and into the ditch, and when she pegged the approach she went airborne, I slammed into the approach and my left glove was ripped off my hand. I was free of the dumbest thing I've ever done. and the sled coasted to a stop and died.

Now we were young and dumb and the stupidity didn't stop there. My buddy Donny comes up with the idea to turn the throttle linkage idler screw in, have that control my speed. I was hurting, so Donny grabs a screw driver turns it in, tells me to get on the sled and he'll start it for me. I get on, He pulls the cord and away we go. at first it was okay, but slowly I was building speed. doing 37kms/hr through the willows on a tight bush trail. Could just smell my brakes burning. Finally I shut it down, the hood above the brakes was blistered. the brakes were cooked. Donny turned that screw 15 turns. 7 is all i needed to engage the clutch
so thats how i rode it out, 40kms, when the slightly engaged clutch wasn't enough to make the hill i pulled a bit on the spare rip cord/throttle rope and up we went.

No sympathy from my wife either when i got home.

By far WTF was I thinking!

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This would have been around 2007.
A bunch of us were riding the Judy Creek Pipeline area.
I had a 2004 Viper, 700. and the throttle kept sticking. Figured whatever, look at it back at the truck later.
We stopped for a lunch break and I had a quick look, didn't see anything. When we went to leave again, I was sitting side ways on the seat, pulled the cord and away my sled went. throttle stuck open. Luckily it only went about 50feet. before stoping. Didn't hit nothing so that was good.

Jumped back on it and hit the throttle. the cable snapped.

Of course the jokes and razing started. and I had my pride, I was not getting towed out. I tied my spare rip cord around the throttle linkage at the carbs, brought it up through the hood. now my throttle was a piece of rope. pull rope to go. This was hard to control. So i wrapped it around my left hand, keeping my hand tight to the mountain bar, making a fist gave me throttle, relaxing my hand it would slow. My right hand steered and kept close to the kill switch.

This worked for a bit. until we crossed a muddy rutted up lease road. I took a bad bump and fell off. And because the throttle was tied to my left hand, the motion of me fallen off suddenly put my sled into wide open throttle. this made the rope pull tighter around my hand.

So now I'm getting dragged through the mud on this road, bouncing along next to the track. hand tied to the throttle. I had lots of time to think how stupid this was. Well, the machine steered itself off the road and into the ditch, and when she pegged the approach she went airborne, I slammed into the approach and my left glove was ripped off my hand. I was free of the dumbest thing I've ever done. and the sled coasted to a stop and died.

Now we were young and dumb and the stupidity didn't stop there. My buddy Donny comes up with the idea to turn the throttle linkage idler screw in, have that control my speed. I was hurting, so Donny grabs a screw driver turns it in, tells me to get on the sled and he'll start it for me. I get on, He pulls the cord and away we go. at first it was okay, but slowly I was building speed. doing 37kms/hr through the willows on a tight bush trail. Could just smell my brakes burning. Finally I shut it down, the hood above the brakes was blistered. the brakes were cooked. Donny turned that screw 15 turns. 7 is all i needed to engage the clutch
so thats how i rode it out, 40kms, when the slightly engaged clutch wasn't enough to make the hill i pulled a bit on the spare rip cord/throttle rope and up we went.

No sympathy from my wife either when i got home.

By far WTF was I thinking!
My stepfather did similar on a dirt bike as a kid. Except he used bailing wire for the throttle cord lol it always seems like a good idea, and I'm sure works ok for some but for most I know it ends with more damage!

Reactions: RXN
Top Bottom