Quick 9r review

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3rd party dyno results have proven to be inconsistent. What I'm interested in is what the manufacturers are willing to publish because if they are willing to put that number on the line against their reputation you know damn well its not going to read any less than that number on ANY dyno

Oh ya but those numbers are not accurate either.
Look how long skidoo lied about the XM and G4 numers.
New model and motor for 10% gain but still 163hp.
Skidoo used that number and lied for years.
Take you pick.
Not really know or get lied to.....
Go ride somewhere buddy and cut the half truths.
Oh and we know it hurt......
Beat by a Poo.....it hurt bad

Last edited:

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope, its a mystical number that noooo body knows. Polaris certainly wont tell you. Their marketing department will use reverse phycology to make you think your purchase is faster than the competition by using random percentages but in reality they don't say because they know their numbers are LOW.

They will use phrases like "best power to weight" without actually telling you what the HP is so you cant figure it out for yourself.

the patriot 9R is 7% more power than the 850 Patriot.
the Patriot Boost is 50% more power than the 850 patriot at 10k feet

now, for ONE MILLION DOLLARS what is the Horsepower of the 850 Patriot Boost?

would anyone like to use a lifeline?
phone a friend?

I've got 500$ to anyone that can give me an HP number for the polaris 850 Patriot Directly from the POLARIS website. Afterall, this is the engine they are basing ALL of their power claims on. Shouldn't it be posted?

goes to show how good their marketing is that people will spend 27000$ on a machine without even knowing what the HP is.
BEA2651C-BC7E-4B1E-9CFC-8C6033558DF7.jpeg

Think I found it… keep your $500 and buy me a bowl of seafood chowder at the Caribou next time in Valemount…

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not a good rider, and my 800 Cat is almost stock, and yet I was out climbing an 850 Doo, so don't believe they are all hellfire powerful.

Alot of that is in how each sled is set up. A well clutched whatever with the suspension set up properly that is properly maintained will have an advantage over anything else that just gets loaded up at a dealer and ridden as it was delivered. There is also some rider skill involved in climbing. I know I was making ~ 10mph more ground speed climbng on my '19 175 850 than a well known tuner was making on his 800 Cat when we were testing in Renshaw a couple years ago. Both sleds had none of the stock clutching left and drivetrains were also improved. Guessing you may be a better rider than you are telling us. :Cool9:

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You mean like when Doo said the 800 etec was 160. Then the 850 was 164, 14 more than the 800. Oh and had a smaller fuel tank than XM but you could actually fill it up so you got more fuel. Kind of like that?
Ahem, it was 163.9 hp.... the 850 has 10% more power at 165 hp... it's eastern Canada French mathematics...

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The science has changed…
Its more like BRP "feels" like it has 163.9 and don't doubt it or you're a racist.....facts or science mean nothing nowadays lol

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The OEM's bought off all the dyno operators to prevent the truth getting out lol

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say the g5 is 195 hp and the boost is 175 hp. With the seat of the pants dyno. Which is the only dyno that really matters…

Ya that g5 pulls almost as hard if not just as hard as my sidekick turbo alpha, I’d say close to 190-195hp feel in the seat. Better off the start pull as well. I haven’t ridden a boost so can’t chime in on how that feels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Regardless of what that number is, the skidoo is almost maxed out on how much boost can be run on pump gas. Only a 1/2 PSI more can be added to the Gen5 before needing Av gas. The boost can run 2.5PSI more on pump gas. I feel Skidoo is light on there HP number and is more like 185-190 and Polaris is high on what ever number they are basing the output to be at. I feel like its more in the 175hp range. The Doo feels a solid 10HP stronger then the polaris. When the polaris is flashed with a 10hp, they feel very similar.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Regardless of what that number is, the skidoo is almost maxed out on how much boost can be run on pump gas. Only a 1/2 PSI more can be added to the Gen5 before needing Av gas. The boost can run 2.5PSI more on pump gas. I feel Skidoo is light on there HP number and is more like 185-190 and Polaris is high on what ever number they are basing the output to be at. I feel like its more in the 175hp range. The Doo feels a solid 10HP stronger then the polaris. When the polaris is flashed with a 10hp, they feel very similar.

Now if only I could get a detailed response from ya like this on my clutching question I sent ya lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom