Boost 165 VS Turbo Doo 165 Comparison

snobyrd

Reaction score
It seems crazy that guys are debating the NA vs the boost. I have ridden the NA and I would gladly take any extra power you would give me! Is it just the weight of the turbo isn't worth the extra ponies? A little bit of lag? Guys are so hung up on weight now a days its crazy. I blame Burandt :LOL:
Question is? How old are you? Im 53 and for me to ride hard all day and be getting unstuck a few times a day, lighter is better. U try getting a 65 na doo unstuck compared to a 65 na pol, its a very noticable differance, also tbos are more expensive to buy, plus more fuel and oil consumption, to me the gains of tbo vs na is a wash. I did consider buying a boost but i also know better than to buy a 1st yr sled. Now im having perma grin inside my helmut as i ride my little na stocker with all off heavy hitters.
I got my cake and eat it to😉

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Question is? How old are you? Im 53 and for me to ride hard all day and be getting unstuck a few times a day, lighter is better. U try getting a 65 na doo unstuck compared to a 65 na pol, its a very noticable differance, also tbos are more expensive to buy, plus more fuel and oil consumption, to me the gains of tbo vs na is a wash. I did consider buying a boost but i also know better than to buy a 1st yr sled. Now im having perma grin inside my helmut as i ride my little na stocker with all off heavy hitters.
I got my cake and eat it to😉
Fair enough, I am younger but no spring chicken. Two of the guys a ride with are both 53 and ride turbo yamis. I get that everyone has different wants but when you read through the forums it’s a lot of who can climb higher or who’s got more track speed, so I wonder lol I also love that you can buy a turbo mountain sled no matter what brand and I’m always looking at them all. Best sport in the world. When you say you hang with the heavy hitters I’m assuming you mean the turbo 850’s? Not the real heavy hitters lol sorry had to. 🍻

snobyrd

Reaction score
Fair enough, I am younger but no spring chicken. Two of the guys a ride with are both 53 and ride turbo yamis. I get that everyone has different wants but when you read through the forums it’s a lot of who can climb higher or who’s got more track speed, so I wonder lol I also love that you can buy a turbo mountain sled no matter what brand and I’m always looking at them all. Best sport in the world. When you say you hang with the heavy hitters I’m assuming you mean the turbo 850’s? Not the real heavy hitters lol sorry had to. 🍻
Im mostly a tree rider so it requires alot of energy and strength. I have neck and shoulder issues from a bad accident wen i was 22, so light and ease off ride works best for me, thus the reason for a 22 khoas 65 slash😉
Buruants first pod cast of 22 said his everyday rider is a na and alot of riders on a boost in 22 will b back on a na in 23...

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im mostly a tree rider so it requires alot of energy and strength. I have neck and shoulder issues from a bad accident wen i was 22, so light and ease off ride works best for me, thus the reason for a 22 khoas 65 slash😉
Buruants first pod cast of 22 said his everyday rider is a na and alot of riders on a boost in 22 will b back on a na in 23...
I guess I don’t fit in the “a lot of riders” category. I also have neck and shoulder injuries from a motorcycle accident 30yrs ago. Not a chance I’m giving up my factory turbo. I’ve been waiting 25yrs for a factory 2S turbo!

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mmm i find these comments intresting. Im in sicamoose, i ride a 22 65 khoas with my own clutch kit , my group has 2 65 doo turbos and 1 75 doo turbos and the only sled that gives me trouble is the 75 in certian condtions. If we are up against a steep slope with min run, ill out climb all 3 doos. My sled is a missile and i constantly get comments from the doo guys about my ground speed, my track speed is a honest 44/45 mph. Im not one bit impressed with the performance of the tbo doo, im roughly 55 ish pounds lighter and my hp to weight ratio at 6000 feet is as good if not better than the doo.
My riding partner is picking up his boost tmro a 55 , so we will get a chance to compare my 65 na too his 55 boost.
My partner also has a 22 65 pro that hes trading back in for his boost but was on the fence cause he loves his pro na so much.
Btw, my sled blows away his stocker with stock clutching in all ranges of power, over a 100 feet in one climb at blue lake in the trees.
Now i know u might think im just a key board warrior, but thats untrue, i ride 2/3 times a week with some very well respected riders, maxwell i guided the tumbler group last yr at queest when you were there.
Anyways intresting comments and we will come to our own conclusion of na vs boost this week.
Yes but your N/A Matryx is super clean running in the bottom becasue it is out of break in, and not the turbo. In addition the Boost Turbo has a new clutch that has not been proven yet. Even if it was clutched, there is less choices for components available to make it great.

I bet you would kill the above mentioned boost in a short race. The track talk is very interesting though as it is fully possible that the Series 8 track is folding under boost where the N/A is finding it great. I'm sure after a couple seasons the Boost will be tweaked to dominate. Time for a G5 to enter the race.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes but your N/A Matryx is super clean running in the bottom becasue it is out of break in, and not the turbo. In addition the Boost Turbo has a new clutch that has not been proven yet. Even if it was clutched, there is less choices for components available to make it great.

I bet you would kill the above mentioned boost in a short race. The track talk is very interesting though as it is fully possible that the Series 8 track is folding under boost where the N/A is finding it great. I'm sure after a couple seasons the Boost will be tweaked to dominate. Time for a G5 to enter the race.
The Boost will crush a N/A on a drag race. did it many times. Are mountain sleds made for drag racing tho?

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Boost will crush a N/A on a drag race. did it many times. Are mountain sleds made for drag racing tho?
Then how do you explain it that we line up 5 sleds at 6000ft and drag race across a lake or up a steep cutblock and the outcome is 3 Polaris axys N/A are first and 2 Doo Turbos last? I know this is not the same as your test but reality in races we have done. Only when the race gets beyond about 80 kms/hr do the Doos catch up and then if the run is long enough they will pass. Now the 22's are even faster due to new computer and mag pickups so they rev way faster. My money is on the lighter faster N/A in shorter races.

Last edited:

snobyrd

Reaction score
Then how do you explain it that we line up 5 sleds at 6000ft and drag race across a lake or up a steep cutblock and the outcome is 3 Polaris axys N/A are first and 2 Doo Turbos last? I know this is not the same as your test but reality in race wew have done. Only when the race gets beyond about 80 kms/hr do the Doos catch up and then if the run is long enough they will pass. Now the 22's are even faster due to new computer and mag pickups so they rev way faster. My money is on the lighter faster N/A in shorter races.
I agree , i know i can whip the doo tbos on bottom end, i havent raced a boost yet but thats comming pretty quick as my riding partner is picking up his boost 55 today.
Ill give anyone that has a 22 na a clutching tip, throw lots off load at it, im using more load than i used for my spi pipe on my 19, it will pull very hard.😉

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The NA is better than the turbo for tree riding.
2h8zaa.jpg

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This debate is going to tear this forum apart! It'll be like Red vs Blue in America, or Liberal vs Conservative in Canada. We can't possibly coexist on the same forum.

Maxwell, you are going to have to leave, sorry.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Then how do you explain it that we line up 5 sleds at 6000ft and drag race across a lake or up a steep cutblock and the outcome is 3 Polaris axys N/A are first and 2 Doo Turbos last? I know this is not the same as your test but reality in races we have done. Only when the race gets beyond about 80 kms/hr do the Doos catch up and then if the run is long enough they will pass. Now the 22's are even faster due to new computer and mag pickups so they rev way faster. My money is on the lighter faster N/A in shorter races.
The polaris BOOST will beat a N/A all day, not a turbo Doo. The turbo Doo's are dogs in drag racing. The Doo's need to be loaded to work correctly. Drag racing doesn't do that.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The polaris BOOST will beat a N/A all day, not a turbo Doo. The turbo Doo's are dogs in drag racing. The Doo's need to be loaded to work correctly. Drag racing doesn't do that.
They were loaded up pretty good going up a 45 degree cutblock in fresh pow.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The next test will be both sleds with the skidoo 165 tracks. Skidoo has a track that just works and works good, the 2.7 Polaris track with less snow and most other days except the deep days we all live for performs well. Make know mistake the skidoo track has the advantage in the deep snow like in this comparison. We did this to death last year and having 4 different tracks on my 21 and all the testing the Skidoo track is king there is no doubt.
My boost will have a the 165 skidoo track cut down to 15 wide and then we will retest and i'm sure there will be different results.

Last edited:
Top Bottom