XM vrs SP... what's the difference?

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I'm looking to upgrade and I'm leaning towards the summit XM... but I see the SP's are considerably cheaper... why?? What is the difference between the 2?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
So I'm looking to upgrade and I'm leaning towards the summit XM... but I see the SP's are considerably cheaper... why?? What is the difference between the 2?

I think you're comparing the "x" verses the "sp" ... Yes big difference, and price being the biggest difference. X has better shocks, lighter, 5 more hp, better clutching, premium gauge package, better front end steering, better skis..... Etc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It also depends on the year. For example in 2015 a Xm-x could have a 3" 174 track. Sp only came with a 2.5" 163. I think a few years earlier the x had tmotion and the sp didn't.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huh??

i think you're comparing the "x" verses the "sp" ... Yes big difference, and price being the biggest difference. X has better shocks, lighter, 5 more hp, better clutching, premium gauge package, better front end steering, better skis..... Etc

sent from my ipad using tapatalk

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
T-3 package has the 3" track.

SP in 2016 is 3" only too according to the website..

It also depends on the year. For example in 2015 a Xm-x could have a 3" 174 track. Sp only came with a 2.5" 163. I think a few years earlier the x had tmotion and the sp didn't.

Last edited:

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only difference as stated above, gauge has a X on it and some gauge features, shocks (which aren't that much better anyways). Handlebars/ mountain bar and riser height. Buy an SP, install raptor shocks all the way around and CFR bars and risers. Back in the day it was a big difference. Summitric you're out to lunch on that one, what else you missing? Titanium stickers, lightweight kill switch, flux capacitor increaser!!!

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you're comparing the "x" verses the "sp" ... Yes big difference, and price being the biggest difference. X has better shocks, lighter, 5 more hp, better clutching, premium gauge package, better front end steering, better skis..... Etc

Only red bull stickers add 5hp..... Only difference between x and sp is stickers, shocks, and bars. X shocks not much better than sp Imo. Unless warranty is in question. Snow check x models get up four year warranty where sp will be 2 or 3 depending on year. That's probably the difference you are seeing. The sp is out of warranty and the x models still on warranty.

lsone

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or hes talking about the 2015 p tec vs the etec. because thats a considerable price difference...?

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought an SP because I didn't want to pay for an X on my seat, X on my dash, or a 50% better ****tier shock package.

Summitric you are smoking some good ganga man

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
HERE ARE THE DIFFERENCES FROM THE WEBSITE FOR THE T3(X) AND T3(SP) ...

-SHOCKS: HPG PLUS VS HPG (FRONT AND REAR)
-WEIGHT: 467(X) VS 474(SP)
-COLORS AND GRAPHICS
-BAR/RISER
-PRICE: $450 MORE FOR X
-SKIIS

AND I'M SURE I READ THE SP DOESN'T HAVE SOME OF THE GUAGE FEATURES THE X HAS? COULD BE WRONG, BUT THATS THE ONLY THING..... JUS SAYIN'..... COMPARING THE SP AND T3(X) IS MUCH MORE DIFFERENCE, WHICH IS WHAT I WAS REFERENCING...

HERE'S THE BRP COMPARISON OF THE X AND XP:

Last edited:

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
This is hurting my brain.

Here are THREE model lines i think everyone is mixing up

2015 SUMMIT SPORT... ------>800 P-TEK (XP CHASSIS)
2015 SUMMIT SP .........------>800 e-ETEC (XM CHASSIS)
2015 SUMMIT X........------> 800-ETEC (XM CHASSIS)

Ric WASN'T out to lunch on the weight... The SP came with some extra stuff in the rear skid that added weight.... (more bogies etc...)
Summit X are snowchecks (spring orders). The gauge package is the same on the X and the SP. The X has a 6" riser and a 2" motocross bar... (8" overall) I personally LOVE the motocross setup. The SP has an 8" riser block and a straight bar (8" overall).. same height... different setup. Same HP. The X had a 4 year warranty option BUMPER TO BUMPER, where the SP... depending on the time of year it was bought only had a two or 3 year. X has the kyb front shocks.. and the front REAR shock is also different. Deciding factor for me every year is simply color.... Everyone always forgets to check or just assumes... But you can snowcheck or spring order an SP... so when you are looking on KIJIJI... DO NOT just assume that just because it's not an X it doesn't have the big warranty... Lots of people spring order summit SP's.

Last edited:

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca

This is hurting my brain.

Here are THREE model lines i think everyone is mixing up

2015 SUMMIT SPORT... ------>800 P-TEK (XP CHASSIS)
2015 SUMMIT SP .........------>800 e-ETEC (XM CHASSIS)
2015 SUMMIT X........------> 800-ETEC (XM CHASSIS)

Ric WASN'T out to lunch on the weight... The SP came with some extra stuff in the rear skid that added weight.... (more bogies etc...)
Summit X are snowchecks (spring orders). The gauge package is the same on the X and the SP. The X has a 6" riser and a 2" motocross bar... (8" overall) I personally LOVE the motocross setup. The SP has an 8" riser block and a straight bar (8" overall).. same height... different setup. Same HP. The X had a 4 year warranty option BUMPER TO BUMPER, where the SP... depending on the time of year it was bought only had a two or 3 year. X has the kyb front shocks.. and the front REAR shock is also different. Deciding factor for me every year is simply color.... Everyone always forgets to check or just assumes... But you can snowcheck or spring order an SP... so when you are looking on KIJIJI... DO NOT just assume that just because it's not an X it doesn't have the big warranty... Lots of people spring order summit SP's.

I think that what I've highlighted is what everyone was questioning. Not the bars, weight, or shocks.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
this is hurting my brain.

Here are three model lines i think everyone is mixing up

2015 summit sport... ------>800 p-tek (xp chassis)
2015 summit sp .........------>800 e-etec (xm chassis)
2015 summit x........------> 800-etec (xm chassis)

ric wasn't out to lunch on the weight... The sp came with some extra stuff in the rear skid that added weight.... (more bogies etc...)
summit x are snowchecks (spring orders). The gauge package is the same on the x and the sp. The x has a 6" riser and a 2" motocross bar... (8" overall) i personally love the motocross setup. The sp has an 8" riser block and a straight bar (8" overall).. Same height... Different setup. Same hp. The x had a 4 year warranty option bumper to bumper, where the sp... Depending on the time of year it was bought only had a two or 3 year. X has the kyb front shocks.. And the front rear shock is also different. Deciding factor for me every year is simply color.... Everyone always forgets to check or just assumes... But you can snowcheck or spring order an sp... So when you are looking on kijiji... Do not just assume that just because it's not an x it doesn't have the big warranty... Lots of people spring order summit sp's.

and the sport with the ptek 800r engine is smart carbueretor technology, vs the etec fuel injected

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I think that what I've highlighted is what everyone was questioning. Not the bars, weight, or shocks.

It DID have a differn't front end. Keep in mind the X also had the RAS2 and the SP did not.

Top Bottom