XM radios.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have both and the XM in my factory radio on my Chev cuts out all the time.The Sirius does not it has much better reception

ryan#1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X1000 XM is useless in Northern BC. No issues with Sirius. Just bought a new 4runner and i didn't realize it was XM and i almost would have went with a ford if i noticed. Hopefully i can find a sirius module for it.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
XM came in my truck. Reception was awful. Put in a Sirius (sportster maybe) and it is not too bad. Don't pay the 170 dollars a year. Call them and tell them you don't want to pay that much (seemed a tad high). I ended up getting it for 70 a year.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
XM came in my truck. Reception was awful. Put in a Sirius (sportster maybe) and it is not too bad. Don't pay the 170 dollars a year. Call them and tell them you don't want to pay that much (seemed a tad high). I ended up getting it for 70 a year.

Thanks a bunch dude.

My year came up and got the bill for next year. 175.89. Like Wtf. Wow way too much.

I remembered reading this thread some time ago. I called to cancel , been with them since 06...

75.00 for the year. Woop Woop.

sent from my I phone azz kicking HTC

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

x2 on the bad XM reception. This is my first satellite radio and I'm definitely not impressed with it or the price. Also, since my trial period expired and I renewed, I no longer get traffic alerts which my truck manual says is a function of XM. Anyone have a clue how I reactivate that feature?

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had sirius for about eight years, gettin sick of it. Most stations play the same songs just like the local stations and a lot of replays. . There is a lot of choice but most I don't like anyway.. If it weren't free I'd prob only be willing to spend about 30 bucks a year for it.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never had an issue with reception for either - XM or Sirius. I don't spend much time in the cities around tall buildings though. One thing I did notice recently is that you can get the lifetime membership still for XM, but not Sirius. Just something I seen on the website the other week, but I think it's definitely an advantage if you plan to keep the radio for any length if time.

They brought back the lifetime deal? Last time I renewed it was not an option.

Thanks,
PB

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They brought back the lifetime deal? Last time I renewed it was not an option.

Thanks,
PB

Its not an option on for Sirius xm in my '13 Chevy. But my trial is about up so maybe I should call and Jew them some. I already bitched once bout not having the lifetime program. Maybe I need to make a call this afternoon

Sent while using Tapatalk 2

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have had both and XM is terrible compared to Sirius for reception.
The further north you go the worse XM gets for reception .

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Xm in my gmc is a joke. Soon as you hit the foothills might as well turn it off. I wanted it for the no radio stations between Valemount and jasper but it doesn't work! My friends Sirius in his new dodge works all the way through that mountainous terrain without skipping a beat I couldn't believe it since both our vehicles are brand new.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup found the same with my '07 Dmax. XM cut out as soon as I got to the BC border and was touch and go to Sicamous. Sirius on a standalone unit never misses a beat.

Top Bottom