XM radios.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im looking at getting siriusXM radio. Im looking at either the XM Onyx or the XM Edge. Without considering price what are pro and con between the 2 and which one would you chose. Also the XM Lynx is nice but cost prohibitive. If there is another model i should check out let me know that also. Ill be using it in my pickup, in the semi, and tractor. Also see what i can rig up or if i can scope out an otterbox for it, then it might go on the quad also.

Sent while not working too hard

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
get sirius! xm has poor reception.

They call it sirius XM. I thought sirius bought out XM :confused: whats the difference and what site do i go to for strictly sirius?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They call it sirius XM. I thought sirius bought out XM :confused: whats the difference and what site do i go to for strictly sirius?

yeah, xm was bought by sirius, but they still use separate equipment. make sure you get a SIRIUS radio and not XM. you will be disappointed with the service.

www.sirius.ca

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah, xm was bought by sirius, but they still use separate equipment. make sure you get a SIRIUS radio and not XM. you will be disappointed with the service.

www.sirius.ca

if I am not mistaken its the same company in the USofA, you can only get XM service?

CRTC up here has made them operate as different entities.

Zeebs is far enough south that the reception should be fine.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
He's a flatlander (no offence implied nor intended zeebers), and the only time he should loose reception would be if he were to go through an underpass or go to the city and hide behind a high-rise. I don't think he does much of that!

Maybe behind those elevators sometimes or those big silo type graineries where he takes the occasional nap!

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never had an issue with reception for either - XM or Sirius. I don't spend much time in the cities around tall buildings though. One thing I did notice recently is that you can get the lifetime membership still for XM, but not Sirius. Just something I seen on the website the other week, but I think it's definitely an advantage if you plan to keep the radio for any length if time.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you travel on the yellowhead through Jasper into BC your XM will cut out going through the park. anytime you travel on the north side of any terrain features your XM will cut out. no Howard Stern channels on XM unless you pay extra.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure on programming in the US Zeebers but in Canada Sirrius carry's Nascar programming and XM doesn't. Seeing you are a Nascar fan......

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure on programming in the US Zeebers but in Canada Sirrius carry's Nascar programming and XM doesn't. Seeing you are a Nascar fan......
another excellent point, also XM does not carry the CBC channel 159

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Xm in my truck cuts out all the time. It's garbage compared to sirus .. In Canada anyway

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brothers Denali comes equip with XM and cuts out a bit on highways. My superduty came with Sirius and I can drive anywhere without an issue. I thought it was just his antenna.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
zeebs, I have rented cars in the US with XM and found that they cut out on/off in areas with tall trees/buildings or the wrong side of the mountain. Go with Sirius. Wont regret it.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have Sirius in my pickup. (Came with the truck), and put my xm into my semi. As mentioned, when on the north side of bins, or in the grain terminal, I don't have service, but I'm not in the truck when I'm at those locations, anyways.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HaHa. CBC? Whats the story there Tee? Lol!
I listened to CBC for years before I got satellite radio, it's the only radio station you can tune into anywhere in the province. when I bought my first Sirius unit it was grey market, kept it that way until just last year before switching to a Canadian account. once I've had my fill of the Stern replays I listen to CBC radio. they have a lot of great programs....Quirks and Quarks, As It Happens, Q with Jian Ghomeshi, DNTO, Stewart MacLean and the Vinyl Cafe, and my favourite, This Is That. I like CBC Radio, their saying used to be "Feed Your Head" lol

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CBC is pretty good, here's a great story read by Stuart Mclean give it a listen. Starts @ the 26 min mark.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CBC is pretty good, here's a great story read by Stuart Mclean give it a listen. Starts @ the 26 min mark.
:Happy4: great story! another one that made me laugh was the story where they went to a christmas party and the kids punch got switched with the adult punch. so many great stories on the vinyl cafe

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might be time for the administrators to consider adding a Old Folks Home sub forum to S&M.

Top Bottom