Xm fuel line problem

harper44

Reaction score
Just open up the right side cover, you can see the nipples. The return line is the inside nipple, this is the one that breaks.

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember seeing a guy on an xm getting towed out of clemina earlier this year because of that. They were pulling him till the big climbs then filling his sled to ride out of the bowls.

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just open up the right side cover, you can see the nipples. The return line is the inside nipple, this is the one that breaks.

with or without recoil start?? Does the recoil saddle cover the nipples??

A lot of nipples getting thrown around this thread... LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (.)(.)

harper44

Reaction score
with or without recoil start?? Does the recoil saddle cover the nipples??

A lot of nipples getting thrown around this thread... LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (.)(.)

My machine is an estart. Not sure if the recoil covers this up but the problems seem to be primarily with the estart machines

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't mean to be rude to the guys that are looking for pics, but take your airbox out and have a look. If you have a recoil you won't see it very easy anyway. I had to feel how much clearance there was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't mean to be rude to the guys that are looking for pics, but take your airbox out and have a look. If you have a recoil you won't see it very easy anyway. I had to feel how much clearance there was.

I think the pics were asked for beacause of the fact that some documentation of the incidents versus a few people stating thaty know of or had the issue would better describe the issue....

But thats ok, no rudeness was taken, I am a guy who will take pics of anything of a concern, just so i have something to go back on if I am questioned, and if someone asks for advice it makes it easier to describe....

Champagne powder

Reaction score

Actually I do have a recoil and have the hood and airbox off and cannot see it as you said. I'm looking for pics for my buddy whose machine burnt down. Thanks to anyone posting pictures.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually I do have a recoil and have the hood and airbox off and cannot see it as you said. I'm looking for pics for my buddy whose machine burnt down. Thanks to anyone posting pictures.

Not the airbox mounted on the hood. the airbox on the throttle bodies.
Yah can't miss the fitting, it's the 90deg plastic fitting on your fuel pump, it's hidden by the vent hose on the oil tank. as I stated earlier.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe the recoil handle "cup" is what saves the pull starts? Looking at it, it secures the oil tank to the fuel tank so they can't move independantly... If that is it, cheap fix.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the pics were asked for beacause of the fact that some documentation of the incidents versus a few people stating thaty know of or had the issue would better describe the issue....

But thats ok, no rudeness was taken, I am a guy who will take pics of anything of a concern, just so i have something to go back on if I am questioned, and if someone asks for advice it makes it easier to describe....

Im sure brp has plenty of pics of the failed parts already
I shared how that group managed to get their buddies sled out under its own power, so others can put the necessary tools in there sleds until brp comes up with the fix. Ive seen the problem first hand. I now have the necessary tools because I ride a xm.

Last edited by a moderator:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Umm yup .. Air box on hood and air box on throttle body off thsnks

Ic, ummm if you sled is a pull start and you want a better look, remove the recoil mount off your oil tank. You'll see it for sure.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Getting back to the topic of breaking fuel lines........

Has there been any broken fuel lines on pull start sleds? If it really is a problem of the oil tank moving independently from the fuel tank, then I can see why the PS sleds could have an advantage. The cup secures the two pieces to each other. Anyone have any thoughts?

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Did a little google search. Doesn't look good when it breaks

M1K

Reaction score
So this is what a problem threat looks like!!!!

Arctic_Ragtop

Reaction score
You guys with estart don't put a secondary pull start on??? I bought an XM SP off the showroom floor, that was ordered with the estart but I paid the extra $300 to have a PS installed. I like the idea of having two different methods of starting it, if the estart were to fail (when it's -35 for example) and it has already saved me once. I recommend getting a PS in addition to the estart, especially if it fixes this fuel nipple issue!

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2013 skidoo summit xm - YouTube

Did a little google search. Doesn't look good when it breaks

Thanks for the vid. Now I now know where to look and it DOES look pretty serious. Could we get more pics on a trail fix cause that doesn,t look that easy to get at. Small list of tools would be of added appreciation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom