Xm fuel line problem

d8grandpa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After actually seeing it happen and changing fuel pumps on an XM I can't see how the pull start cup would brace anything. I know I've posted many times saying 'GET A PS', and it hasn't yet happened to mine, but Doo needs to figure something out because this fuel return line is a terrible design. I think the PS helps but there's no way that's the 'fix'
I agree the ps cup only attaches to the oil tank, so it doesn't connect or brace between the the two tanks. The sled I posted early that we had to swap tanks to get it off the mountain had it happen to it a second time. This time we stop running the sled before it pumped out all its fuel. We pulled out the return line from the front of the tank pulled out broken nipple had a piece of 1/4 " fuel line stuffed it in wrapped some wire around it to hold it in place, drilled hole with knife in fuel cap stuffed other end in and drove machine out. No leaks and worked ok, other than no full rpm. Sled is now back at dealer brp reps are looking close at this machine to try and figure out solution.

Arctic_Ragtop

Reaction score
The guy in my group that broke was telling everyone in the parking lot at Allen and at Petro about the fuel line problem on estarts. Hope everyone is well informed of the issue. One of the boys in Maxwells group laughed at him for having estart lol

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will confirm that my buddies was a pull start sled.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like Ski Doo is taking this seriously and dealing with it. Know of a guy whose XM started on fire due to this causing more than $5k damage, and hearing that Doo is repairing the entire sled at no charge without getting insurance involved. That tells me that they accept that there is a flaw causing small and large damage and taking responsibility for it.

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully they have a recall fix so I can get it done when I bring it back for the "10" hr service. Or 50 lol

there is a "10" hr service?? :( opps

I guess its a good excuse to give the guy in service a call and see what is shaking.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was told today that we will see a fix from BRP shortly. Not all sleds are affected and no corallation between e starts and manual starts. Stay tuned.

so what sleds then? is it production dates? track lengths?

I smashed my knee hard on the left side lol but not the right side yet

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's just yours effected is what they told me

haha seems odd they would use a different nipple randomely if this is what is breaking, or maybe it was suply issue, or maybe it's the mounting bracket, or oil res, I dunno

I just dont want the heli ride unless she is folded up lol

Top Bottom