Would you rent a Satelite phone for a weekend of sledding????

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just curious how much interest there would be in this,I have a sat phone and was thinking of offsetting the charges by renting it out,To rent one at the places I checked its pretty much weekly plus mins,(roughly 200.00 + 80 cents a minute)
With the plan I have I could rent it for half that plus unlimited minutes,leave your cell at home if you like LOL! Im not sold on renting it out yet but definatly would like to see what kind of interest there is.
catmando!:beer:

Reactions: RXN

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Depends on how well I know you lol!Not for you buddy!

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we go on a fishing trip in northern Sask, really remote. 5 hour canoe ride to get there. We rent a phone every year and split the bill. Im thinking of getting a spot for sledding and then using that instead of the phone. we have never needed the phone, just use it for some drunk phone calls to a buddy that cant make it every year cause hes seeding.

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
YES ! I have always considered buying one and renting it out or renting one from someone I know that has one. The way I look at is a $100 ins policy, that one time you need it, it will pay for itself huge

Let me know if you decide to do it. Also where did you buy yours ?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was told that communication group red deer rents them out at $10 per day plus call charges. great safety device. so far i can't confirm 100%

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious how much interest there would be in this,I have a sat phone and was thinking of offsetting the charges by renting it out,To rent one at the places I checked its pretty much weekly plus mins,(roughly 200.00 + 80 cents a minute)
With the plan I have I could rent it for half that plus unlimited minutes,leave your cell at home if you like LOL! Im not sold on renting it out yet but definatly would like to see what kind of interest there is.
catmando!:beer:

every year a bunch of us from the plant make a trip on Family day weekend, we were talking we should rent one this year. Last year we had an incident involving a broken leg and were wishing we had one. So I would be interested for sure.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good way to order up hookers and blow mountainside. Lol

Willie you planning for the munchies already?

Seriously tho I've never been able to get a hooker in my pack no matter how you fold them.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good way to order up hookers and blow mountainside. Lol

Willie you planning for the munchies already?

Seriously tho I've never been able to get a hooker in my pack no matter how you fold them.

Tunnel bag/chop saw.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the response,Ive decided I will likely rent it out,not to make a bunch of money just to cover the cost of the hookups and fee's.Will likely rent it out for a 4 day weekend for 100.00 plus a 500 dollar deposit additional days would be 20 dollars,keep in mind this would include unlimited minutes which I believe are 80 cents a minute. When you rent locally they charge you hook up,minutes and a flat rate mostly by the week which the company I deal with its about 200 wk plus minutes,I think that would be fair so if your interested let me know.If Im not in the mountains it will be available.
catmando!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Imdooin I never really shopped around Im just comparing with the mobility company I use in edmonton,The hookup charge and the minutes are the killers, Ten Bucks a day sounds pretty cheap but hey,let me know when you find out,if its true mayby they got a better plan available then mine

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it was posted on the site last year, i'll call when i get a chance and see, again what i remember seeing. may be bs

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey i represent that remark!!!!!!!!! sure wish i had investigated that last year as it would be a cheap safety measure, although i'd be getting calls from vacum salesmaen. hehe

Top Bottom