Would you rent a Satelite phone for a weekend of sledding????

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I rent 2-ways and sat phones from Oras Communications here in rocky. The 2-ways rent out for $8.00/day and the sat is $15/day. No deposit required and no hidden costs other than $2 per minute phone usage. They also rent spots. I don't know their rate on the spot though. I think a hundred bucks for a long weekend split amongst 4 buddies is more than reasonable for the assurance.

PS... Asians Are far more flexible and will likely fit better in your backpack.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I rent 2-ways and sat phones from Oras Communications here in rocky. The 2-ways rent out for $8.00/day and the sat is $15/day. No deposit required and no hidden costs other than $2 per minute phone usage. They also rent spots. I don't know their rate on the spot though. I think a hundred bucks for a long weekend split amongst 4 buddies is more than reasonable for the assurance.

PS... AsianDay
Wow................No Deposit,No hookup......!5.00 a day.......You wont find that in edmonton!....2.00 a minute sounds reasonable LOL!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Twenty Dollars a day,unlimited minutes,unfortunatly a deposit will be required,If somebody knows a better deal here in edmonton I would like to hear about it.
catmando!
Pioneer Rentals Edm rents them for 29.95 a day + 2.99 a min.

Last edited:
Top Bottom