would you be happy with more check stops at the trail head?

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
fuggers'll just bust me for impaired and haul away my hot sleds... pizz on that

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There was a program in place by the Edmonton city police. They checked sleds at sled rallies with help from RCMP. Worked good found a number of stolen sleds. Can remember them at Camp He Ho Ha sled rally and races

I get checked for plates and insurance all summer long sometimes daily on the quads. Think they are called Rangers or ??? SRD junior cops. No problem until I get checked 2 days in a row by the same person. WTF is that you checked me yesterday.

Alfred

Reaction score
Bring it on, I love it! I am sick and tired of hearing about the sleds being stolen and I am paying for it on my insurance. I have nothing to hide and 5 minutes out of my day to help the RCMP is not an inconvienience.:d

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a program in place by the Edmonton city police. They checked sleds at sled rallies with help from RCMP. Worked good found a number of stolen sleds. Can remember them at Camp He Ho Ha sled rally and races

I get checked for plates and insurance all summer long sometimes daily on the quads. Think they are called Rangers or ??? SRD junior cops. No problem until I get checked 2 days in a row by the same person. WTF is that you checked me yesterday.

how many of them are going to remember you and your quad unless your being a azzhat

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If all they are checking is plates and insurance I have no issues with that what so ever. But if it's going to turn into a full scale search then I may take some offence.

With the amount of stolen machines out there circulating and riding the same areas as everyone else it's a worthy cause. I for one wouldnt want to be hit by a stolen machine and find out he / they have no insurance and then I am stuck with the bill to fix / replace and recover from possible injuries.

Ushkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you may not get what you expect from the insurance, you will also be without a sled for a while, until insurance settles. it is definitely better than nothing, but i doubt you'll be happy. just my .02

Dealing with insurance sucks. You dont get what you have put into your machine and they take forever to settle anything. Id like to see more cops but i do agree that sitting on the trail with 30 sleds ahead of you wouldnt be much fun. I dont ride without registration or insurance and personally think no one should. We get checked while quading and its a 2 min show me your papers and be on your way. Dont see it being a problem with sleds unless your hiding something. Although i dont really care to see the cops that seem to have a mission to pick apart your machine until they find something.

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the less cops i see the better. if someone steals my sled its insured.

If all they did was check sleds, but if the donut fingers hit the wrong button and I lost my legal sled even for one day of riding(like the not so stolen thread) I would come unglued:tearhairout:

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we might not have much choice in this question. I am certain there were a lot of raised eyebrows at the Revy detachment when they found 14% of the sleds in the avy were stolen. That is an unreal number and it is time for the cops to do something about it.

Hard to believe that one in 7 guys at the warm up shelter are riding stolen sleds

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i agree, if its just gonna be a nice quick number check thats fine im not hiding anything, but if it turns into a fuggin strip search where you and your sled are buck naked then there'll be some fire comin outta my nose and ears. if thats what i hear it turns into halfway up the trails, me and my crew will be doing some technical riding to get to the bowls, screw the trails.

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder how many don't even know it?

The Fish and Wildlife Officer said that 1/2 the guys didn't know they were riding a stolen sled. I think that is BS. How often does a guy accidentally buy a stolen sled then doesn't register it?

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Not so much in favour of more check stops on trail as I would be refreshment stops!! ........................ just sayin! :beer::d:beer:

Top Bottom