Would u call the cops

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So Sunday we are a Zalas in Revi for super. The highways were closed recently for heavy snow. Out front of the restaurant is a lifted chev diesel with toyo 35" 12.5 mt tires. The front tires had Barely visible tread like 2% left. The rears Were slicks totally bald and corded. These were the worst tires I have seen in a long time. Winter or summertime There's atleast 10" fresh snow on the ground and it's pounding hard. The truck had washinton plates on it. This person planed a road trip to bc and actually made it some how to Revi like that. So at what point would he find the tires need repla:rolleyes:cing. Anyways I ride Revi atleast 25 trips a year and lots of friends of mine travel there to. I did not want to have a vehicle on the road like that be a reason someone is killed. We Phoned the RCMP and they drove with him to the nearest tire shop. Booted the truck and would not let him drive till he got tires the next day Oh and he had a full nitro turbo mod on the deck of a beautiful truck. I am still blown away someone would drive on tires like that. Even in the summer as a broke ass kid I would never run those tires. Glad he was made to get some rubber

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really fine line between the need to get involved and just someone complaining.

I've had a dealership tell me my tires were "unsafe to drive on" and were realistically about 40% left.

But if they are really that bad, then it's probably justified.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Ride on.... U made the right call, Sure it would of been just a matter of time as per what U said & or the law would have layed down the heat. :):beer:

Last edited:

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it was a good move to me. Thanks from all the people with loved ones on those roads.

This isn't a fine line. A dealer trying to sell you some stuff is different than cords showing on some of the nastiest roads in western Canada.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it was a good move to me. Thanks from all the people with loved ones on those roads.

This isn't a fine line. A dealer trying to sell you some stuff is different than cords showing on some of the nastiest roads in western Canada.

What I meant is, some people don't know how to judge what tread is left on tires and bald or really close could mean 50% left in reality. And if you don't know and step out of your bounds your just going to get people mad. Not suggesting anything about the original post, just saying some people are clueless.

And i'd rather have a good driver with horrible tires on a road with me then a horrible driver with good tires......Not that i'd even consider that road that bad anyways.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I hear you. There are certainly worse roads but not many places get more snow falling than there. At least it's nice and wide in most places.

:beer:

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So Sunday we are a Zalas in Revi for super. The highways were closed recently for heavy snow. Out front of the restaurant is a lifted chev diesel with toyo 35" 12.5 mt tires. The front tires had Barely visible tread like 2% left. The rears Were slicks totally bald and corded. These were the worst tires I have seen in a long time. Winter or summertime There's atleast 10" fresh snow on the ground and it's pounding hard. The truck had washinton plates on it. This person planed a road trip to bc and actually made it some how to Revi like that. So at what point would he find the tires need repla:rolleyes:cing. Anyways I ride Revi atleast 25 trips a year and lots of friends of mine travel there to. I did not want to have a vehicle on the road like that be a reason someone is killed. We Phoned the RCMP and they drove with him to the nearest tire shop. Booted the truck and would not let him drive till he got tires the next day Oh and he had a full nitro turbo mod on the deck of a beautiful truck. I am still blown away someone would drive on tires like that. Even in the summer as a broke ass kid I would never run those tires. Glad he was made to get some rubber

Sucks to be you.....:rolleyes:;)

JayBec

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sayin what u did was wrong, but how close were u to his truck, an why were u so close..
oh wait was it cuz its a chevy or cuz of the sled on the chevy..

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm sure he was pizzed. hadto pay cdn prices for tires he could have got 40% less at home. tough call, you may have saved someones life, not sure he or Cyle see's it that way though. :beer:

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I lived in the states and it was the worst experience i ever had as far as being treated like i didnt belong so if i saw the USA plates in Revy i would make sure they were hassled just for that. And to anyone who dosnt like that take it up with your POS border Nazi F's. Your terrorists in my country now bitc%es!!!

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sayin what u did was wrong, but how close were u to his truck, an why were u so close..
oh wait was it cuz its a chevy or cuz of the sled on the chevy..
It was a smoke break at zalas
He was double parked right out front so that's how I saw when he parked there he left no print in his tire tracks. Then I looked at the tires. I have enough going on in life that normally this wouldnt be my problem. When I say bald I mean 10 thou of a inch tread left on the front. No dread design on the rear and cords. I compared the smoothness to the table tops in zalas. It was a tie. I just bought a 2011 dually and wouldn't take it to bc till I took off the oem's and got proper tires. Not kidding it's crazy he could even turn corners. Theses tires would kill peoPle if it was in the rain let alone Rogers pass with 12" snow and ice

gdvross

Reaction score
You did the right thing, no doubt about it at all. I cannot believe what people think is a safe tire is. I pointed out what terrible shape my brother in laws tires on his mini van where. All he said the lease was up in four months.What a cheap idiot.Thanks for doing what you did!!

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm still tryin to figure out how Drew averages 1 trip a week for 6 months from Edm every year? :d I wish I could get away that much, or even afford it.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm still tryin to figure out how Drew averages 1 trip a week for 6 months from Edm every year? :d I wish I could get away that much, or even afford it.

No kids. No wife. 40 yrs old with 25 yrs in working. Plus some serious dedication to the sport. Also self employed helps

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To those who dont think the right call was made

What if the guy was drunk? He might make it home safe he might not. It is a 50/50 chance.
The right call was made IMO.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To those who dont think the right call was made

What if the guy was drunk? He might make it home safe he might not. It is a 50/50 chance.
The right call was made IMO.

yupp and who knows he might of been up there all winter working just never got caught before

Top Bottom