Woooooooo Just Bought My First Sled

PolarisHighlifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Just got my first sled........Now to hit the mountains

Looking to go riding so wheres your favourite places?? Im not new to riding a sled but its been a few years since i been on one.

Who would be down to go riding with a neeewwwwbbbiiieee?

Oh and I have a 2014 Polaris Assault 155 with 160 miles on it so pretty much new :) :)

Thanks and hope to hit the trails with some people

Ps. if anyone can tell me the easy way to post pictures i'd be glad to post some

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think your best bet would be to post in one of the area threads closer to riding time asking for people to ride with. That way you will get an answer from people who will be in the area those days. I will be in the golden, castlegar, blue river, vale, mcbride, and Pemberton areas frequently this year as I have 38 booked riding days. If I'm around when you are your more then welcome to come along, my group can accommodate for any level of riding.

Have a good season. Hope yo see you out there.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the sport!
We usually just hit up Corbin area around fernie or north passed the gun range.
Do you have an AST1 course booked?
It is the absolute minimum.

Play safe until then.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

PolarisHighlifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No ast1 yet I'm not going to get out a lot this year only couple times so I'm going to go with people who have that knowledge and will book to take it next winter

Reactions: RXN

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No ast1 yet I'm not going to get out a lot this year only couple times so I'm going to go with people who have that knowledge and will book to take it next winter

Welcome back to sledding and to the site.

You may find it hard to get a group to let you join them without any training. the knowledge in AST training isn't just knowing how to read the conditions, it's also knowing how to save the life of someone in the group.
Good luck in your endeavors.

ren

Reaction score

UUHHRR....Wrong answer.
You have taken the time to buy a sled (congrats btw!) and invested a lot of money. Do yourself, your riding partners and the entire sled community and get educated. Without proper education you may not only be putting yourself in danger but others around you.
It's 2 days out of your winter. Even if you are on trails, you are still in avalanche terrain if you are in the mountains and considering you bought a very capable mountain sled, I have a suspicious feeling thats where you'll be.
Again, congrats, hope you have an amazing winter, hope you like digging and please get educated.
Being in the mountains is not a right, it's a privilege that cannot be bought, but earned!

Last edited:

PolarisHighlifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol love the responses I know I need it and have been looking into it. Only thing is I don't know how many times i will go this year and if i do it will be with a guide as its the first time to the mountians and not sure what to expect. Most my riding this year will be around home........ Thanks for the responses that had the info on places I'm looking into it as i would actually love to take it as knowledge is power

PolarisHighlifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very sad that you have no friends!!

Wow we know who the internet trolls are............ very tough behind that screen of yours

You have been on here since 2012 and only 29 post shows what you know people like you bring negativity to good sites like this.

To the others that have posted good on yah love the responses just hate TROLLS!!!

Oh and by the way i'm currently talking with ZACS

Xfmontana

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site
Hangfire is offering ast1 every weekend in golden this year starting dec3
Pretty easy to fit into my schedule

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol love the responses I know I need it and have been looking into it. Only thing is I don't know how many times i will go this year and if i do it will be with a guide as its the first time to the mountians and not sure what to expect. Most my riding this year will be around home........ Thanks for the responses that had the info on places I'm looking into it as i would actually love to take it as knowledge is power

I sent you a PM with some of the dates we're riding.
We stay in fairly safe areas. Trees and creeks not to steep.

X-rated

Reaction score
Wow we know who the internet trolls are............ very tough behind that screen of yours

You have been on here since 2012 and only 29 post shows what you know people like you bring negativity to good sites like this.

To the others that have posted good on yah love the responses just hate TROLLS!!!

Oh and by the way i'm currently talking with ZACS
Just what we need around here, another keyboard tough guy!! If ur gonna hang out around here u better pull ur panties outta ur crack and lighten up a bit newb!

PolarisHighlifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just what we need around here, another keyboard tough guy!! If ur gonna hang out around here u better pull ur panties outta ur crack and lighten up a bit newb!

Hey Troll go back to the hole you came out of...... If you have nothing productive to say to the trend then best to not post.......... good on yah your at 30 now lol

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on the new sled, you must be pumped. I still remember the day I bought my first newish sled...25 years ago. I was excited

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
Not sure where your from but frozen pirate in valemount is prob one of the best run avy courses and soul rides in revy you can get it done in a weekend and still ride
If you happen to be around edson any time give me a shout the snow should be good this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Congrat's on your new sled. Been there, a lot of years ago and still remember the excitement, I still get excited as hell at the first sign of snow every season...:)

I do agree with your approach, hook up with a group that ride low key, as mountain riding isn't for everyone. We have had a couple peep's over the years that rode one week end in the mountains and went back to flat land riding for what ever reason. Make sure you have all the proper gear, probe, beacon etc. rent if you need to, and know how to use them. A good group will do a quick practice, or call it a tail gate meeting before leaving the staging area, to know what level of rider the newbs are and that all equipment is on and functioning. Pay attention to your surrounding area, your fellow riders, and do not take off on your own, that is the quickest way to get uninvited on the next trip.
Typically the first week end out tells the tale, if you can't wait for the next outing, get booked into an avy course.

Top Bottom