Winter snow is great, but this is crazy...

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Obviously you haven't put many miles on. It's not if you go in the ditch, it's when. You can talk like you're the best driver in the world, but sometimes it's unavoidable. This coming from a guy who has never had an at fault accident and used to drive professionally (still do, just not as much as previously).

The only time I can understand it is if someone is trying to avoid an accident. But to be driving on a highway with no one around and just go in the ditch, somethings wrong.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't care how bad the roads are, there is no frigging reason to go in the ditch.

It's from not paying attention, driving to fast for the conditions, or just being a bad driver.

Obviously to many people here have went in the ditch and though it wasn't avoidable :rolleyes:

Wanna come for a ride tomorrow Cycle, I leave Red Deer at 3am, 565km, 100km of it on unplowed gravel rds, pick up 28,000l of milk at 5 Hut Colony's in the Coronation/Castor/Vetran area. Then you can call me a bad driver!:rant:

Mud Mum

Reaction score
Yes, sometimes it's not avoidable.

Did you ever come across black ice? I've been lucky, but I've been behind people who all of a sudden spin out and end up in the ditch. They didn't change their speed, they didn't put on the brakes, they just hit it and they were gone.

Then there are the times that the storm hits when you're already on the road. You can't see in front of you. You can't see the road or even the side of it. Sometimes you don't realize you're driving into the ditch until it's too late.

Yes there are some people who need to be slapped with the way they drive in bad road conditions but you can't paint everyone in the ditch with the same brush.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wanna come for a ride tomorrow Cycle, I leave Red Deer at 3am, 565km, 100km of it on unplowed gravel rds, pick up 28,000l of milk at 5 Hut Colony's in the Coronation/Castor/Vetran area. Then you can call me a bad driver!:rant:

When did I call you a bad driver? I'm talking about on highway only. Off highway is a different story. Also a reason most accidents are people in their prius or whatever, not big trucks.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When did I call you a bad driver? I'm talking about on highway only. Off highway is a different story. Also a reason most accidents are people in their prius or whatever, not big trucks.

Not everyone can afford a "Big Bad Truck" like you.
then again, Their mommy doesn't make their lunches either.:d
the highway south of Edmonton had a couple of Duallys, and SRW 3/4 tons in the ditch.... It all depends on the wind, the slight curve, and momentum.

JayBec

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bitch Bitch Bitch....Nag Nag Nag..my truck is better than your truck... im older than u are...sh$t happens.. it is winter..

WELCOME TO CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!EH!!!

just like this cell phone thing, it shouldnt be a warning or slap on the hand...should be like a fine, licence suspension or somethin, especially if u were on the thing an that caused an accident..

Mac Daddy

Reaction score
Can say whatever you want. But i've never put a vehicle in the ditch or any sort of accident, or even a really close call, says a lot I think. And i've driven in all of the bad conditions. Even when down south had that really bad storm a few years ago drove from edmonton to bozeman montana and back that day when they were borderline closing down the highway. I don't care how bad the roads are, there is no frigging reason to go in the ditch.

It's from not paying attention, driving to fast for the conditions, or just being a bad driver.

Obviously to many people here have went in the ditch and though it wasn't avoidable :rolleyes:

I thought i was a good driver.Till i read what cycle has done!!
I would bet to say the number of km you drove in adverse conditions has been limited.never hit the ditch.wow
But then again i bet you never get stuck when you are sledding niether.:d

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Posting while driving in a 88 Bonneville!

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom