Will you get to ride your Ski-Doo next winter ??

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brilliant marketing. The snow checks are already sold so why worry. They need to build sales so they deliver the sleds ready to go for new customers.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skegpro is right though, the website has a lot of "implications" that this is an exclusive list. Sure $200 isn't that much on a $20K sled but there is nothing spelling out the "No Guarantee" (although I'm sure its there in the ultra fine print).

If you truly think this supply chain issue is here stay then all the more reason to do the complete opposite of what Martin's is offering. I wouldn't be giving $200 to anybody, I'd just buy a floor model. From the looks of this thread, I'd be riding a hell of a lot sooner than lots of these guys who snow checked and are still waiting.

From a "build slots alloted based on sales from previous years " perspective, it doesn't work. Why would you not just order a ton of sleds and sell them off the floor to guys like me, for the reasons I mentioned above? Again, you would have happy customers out riding faster than the other guys. I'd rather be riding in January instead of waiting for a sled with fancy stickers to arrive.

Great concept except if you want to ride a turbo model your out of luck no in season turbo. Also, in seasons are pretty limited there’s about 3 175 left in all of northern Alberta.

jereber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great concept except if you want to ride a turbo model your out of luck no in season turbo. Also, in seasons are pretty limited there’s about 3 175 left in all of northern Alberta.
Actually Stojan's has some 154's and 165 Edges and SP in stock

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My check is in. I have a panic bought 2020 alpha (1200) miles if someone needs a sled to ride. 12,500. Bought it 2 weeks ago but won’t need it.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if at some point all this does start to effect the used market? Let's say hypothetically your still waiting on this years snow check and therefore siting on last years sled. The dealers have got you panicked and talked into putting money down on next years Screw check! Is there a point that guys start bailing on some of there current sleds or is there a big enough market that this stuff just keeps getting gobbled up?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear ya, and I know you got skin in the game with Martin's. You have to consider though that if you SC'd and I bought a floor model, right now you'd be waiting on a SC turbo and I would be riding. If the supply issues continue, its very likely they will continue for both runs. If it presumes that the supply issue is over, in theory both SC's and in seasons should arrive on time. It has to be one or the other, but it likely won't be both from what we've seen this year. Honestly if it comes down to riding a SC for 1/2 season or an in season for all season, that's gotta be up to each person.

In a more normal year (whatever that looks like in the future), the dealers will hopefully have spring orders or SC's sitting on the floor (remember like the old days....LOL) and you could actually buy one. I recognize that this is exceptional circumstances right now but things will slow down, production will hopefully catch up, and they're re going to have to go back to carrying stock in the building. If someone's rich uncle dies in late January and leaves them a bunch of cash and they want to buy a sled, they are going to the dealer who has stock on the floor on Feb 1. Right now they're benefitting from frantic people running in the door with bags of money and tossing it across the counter. That will change - you can't run a sales dept without any units to sell. Unless the dealers are just going to lay off all the salespeople.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What ever happens, there will likely always be people wanting to snow check and presumably be getting a new model with something a little better than the in season model. There is going to be a point in time where the used market gets a little more saturated and people aren't able to sell there one or two year old sled for what they paid for it. Just tough to say when that's going to happen.

I'm happy I found 2020.5 with low km, warrantee and not pounded out.

Last edited:

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear ya, and I know you got skin in the game with Martin's. You have to consider though that if you SC'd and I bought a floor model, right now you'd be waiting on a SC turbo and I would be riding. If the supply issues continue, its very likely they will continue for both runs. If it presumes that the supply issue is over, in theory both SC's and in seasons should arrive on time. It has to be one or the other, but it likely won't be both from what we've seen this year. Honestly if it comes down to riding a SC for 1/2 season or an in season for all season, that's gotta be up to each person.

In a more normal year (whatever that looks like in the future), the dealers will hopefully have spring orders or SC's sitting on the floor (remember like the old days....LOL) and you could actually buy one. I recognize that this is exceptional circumstances right now but things will slow down, production will hopefully catch up, and they're re going to have to go back to carrying stock in the building. If someone's rich uncle dies in late January and leaves them a bunch of cash and they want to buy a sled, they are going to the dealer who has stock on the floor on Feb 1. Right now they're benefitting from frantic people running in the door with bags of money and tossing it across the counter. That will change - you can't run a sales dept without any units to sell. Unless the dealers are just going to lay off all the salespeople.

The whole supply chain defense doesn't hold water when in season models are arriving complete and are sitting on the floor for purchase while sc's have been sitting for weeks waiting on missing parts. While I believe there are part shortages, it is blatantly obvious that making floor modes available is priority over delivering sc's. But this is nothing new. With profits up, stock at a high and brp's website claiming a dramatic jump in new customers, its pretty clear greed overshadows customer service. The video from a while back with a message from the president regarding their commitment to on time deliveries seems to have disappeared.

Currently waitng on a 165 xpert T, was told by dealer that there is a 'meeting' with Ski-Doo on Dec 8 to get udates on wtf is going on...

I was told the same thing except that the meeting was today and I would have an answer by the end of the day.......and crickets.

Last edited:

andrew3399

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The whole supply chain defense doesn't hold water when in season models are arriving complete and are sitting on the floor for purchase while sc's have been sitting for weeks waiting on missing parts. While I believe there are part shortages, it is blatantly obvious that making floor modes available is priority over delivering sc's. But this is nothing new.

I was told the same thing except that the meeting was today and I would have an answer by the end of the day.......and crickets.
Yes webinar was today. Just letting dealers know their 3 weeks behind lol. Dealer said maybe some more updates later this week. Waiting turbo 165 expert triple black. November delivery. Don’t know if it’s built don’t know a ship date. Hoping to have before next snow check season opens. 🤬

drew17

Reaction score
Mine came in about 3 weeks late so that fits the bill I heard zero info until it was at the dealer.. do I blame them? No I believe they are trying there best. It’s gotta be tough getting multiple calls a day probing for info they don’t really have. I tried to buy a new 3/4 availability was nonexistent and order was 6-8 months away. It’s crazy times and brp and all the other manufacturers are trying to keep people happy aswell as dealers. Dealers need those in season sales to
Keep the doors open.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So these two sled were ordered Feb, 18th.

Build dates are in the pictures.

What was your order date vs build date?
received_707163023602386.jpg

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if the last digits is the build number for the model year or if random, but interesting none the less.
received_710467709933191.jpg

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my 19 freeride is 008 so I bet its the build number for the year.

but only of that EXACT machine in that exact configuration, for example if yours is a 165 the 154 would start at 0 again in that exact configuration, same with colors, engine, etc. that number only applies to models of identical config

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To my knowledge no. Our group is waiting on one as well. And they doo have a list started and are taking deposits on 2023s already.

Top Bottom