Will you get to ride your Ski-Doo next winter ??

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s $200 to go towards the extra $400 BRP is charging for supply chain issues .
Why not go a grand for chit sakes !! Lol

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The way things are going, sleds are going to be built in limited capacity, a snow check will be north of 100,000$
And premium gas will 5$ a liter.

Paying out the ass to sled will be the new normal...

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I suppose that you will all be highly upset if i told you i got mine lol. Also won it in a Raffle so win win win!!!

I heard that Turple Brothers in Red Deer is doing it too.
I'm Happy for anyone who got their sled that they paid $500 or ($1000 in my case at Turple bros) to ensure they would get one. I also understand the international S%^T show that's affecting everything right now. What i'm a little confused about is, why are some dealers getting all the sleds they ordered, and why some are not getting any? It's not the date in which they were ordered. Its not the province, or region?

I think its chicken S%$t that dealer decides to ask for another $200 just for the privilege to put their name on a BS list to pay a deposit for a SC that they cannot guarantee will arrive next year.

Yes, I'm a little poopy pants right now.

honda450

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I panic bought a 2020 expert last Saturday as there was no update about my missing gauge. I got the call last night at 5 that my sled is ready. 500 Kms one way to pick it up and I’m just about home. Guess I got a good spare. Haha my dealer has 5 gauges arriving weekly now. Good luck boys.

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would really like to get my sled. The dealer hasn't called me once about it. I've pestered them weekly to priortize it and get it assembled! They say its sitting there, but no gauge... Meanwhile they are trying to sell a bunch of in season Edges. Like WTF!!

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I panic bought a 2020 expert last Saturday as there was no update about my missing gauge. I got the call last night at 5 that my sled is ready. 500 Kms one way to pick it up and I’m just about home. Guess I got a good spare. Haha my dealer has 5 gauges arriving weekly now. Good luck boys.
You could sell that again, no problem.
Screenshot_20211204-200557.jpg

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would really like to get my sled. The dealer hasn't called me once about it. I've pestered them weekly to priortize it and get it assembled! They say its sitting there, but no gauge... Meanwhile they are trying to sell a bunch of in season Edges. Like WTF!!
Amazing they found guage clusters for all these edges.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What dealer?

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What dealer?
I'm not going to post who as it's my first time using them, supply chain issues are real, who knows the reason why they have these Edge's for sale and unfairly to them its just my side of the tale at this point, maybe they doo have a legitamit reason.... Hopefully the gauge just shows up and im Riding in no time!

H-D

Reaction score
In season models on the floor?!? Anyone else interested in this?

Truebro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He’s not the only one- I’ve seen Edges all over golden/ revelstoke and know 3 guys that haven’t got there spring checks yet...including me....

Turbo 165
Expert 165
Summit x 165

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He’s not the only one- I’ve seen Edges all over golden/ revelstoke and know 3 guys that haven’t got there spring checks yet...including me....

Turbo 165
Expert 165
Summit x 165

You can still snow check a summit edge….so those sleds you see on the hill you don’t really know those are in seasons. Martins has in season summit edges on the floor with NO gauges.

johnny cash

Reaction score
What about Rectech in Lloydminster, Meadow Lake dealer have these guys dropped BRP or did BRP drop them? also 54 North has only 2 machines?

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about Rectech in Lloydminster, Meadow Lake dealer have these guys dropped BRP or did BRP drop them? also 54 North has only 2 machines?
Local kid bought a in season edge from 54North, took delivery of it.
Two other buddy's have expert turbos spring checked from them that are not in yet.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don’t see what the big deal is, it’s clever actually.
If anyone thinks this supply chain issue is going away they are fooling themselves. With the move from Martin, there may be limited build slots allotted to each dealer based on sales of previous years. If, and that’s a big if, a dealer has 20% of their allotments cut back than 200 dollars is a small price to pay to have somewhat of a piece of mind, on getting the toy you want.
Skegpro is right though, the website has a lot of "implications" that this is an exclusive list. Sure $200 isn't that much on a $20K sled but there is nothing spelling out the "No Guarantee" (although I'm sure its there in the ultra fine print).

If you truly think this supply chain issue is here stay then all the more reason to do the complete opposite of what Martin's is offering. I wouldn't be giving $200 to anybody, I'd just buy a floor model. From the looks of this thread, I'd be riding a hell of a lot sooner than lots of these guys who snow checked and are still waiting.

From a "build slots alloted based on sales from previous years " perspective, it doesn't work. Why would you not just order a ton of sleds and sell them off the floor to guys like me, for the reasons I mentioned above? Again, you would have happy customers out riding faster than the other guys. I'd rather be riding in January instead of waiting for a sled with fancy stickers to arrive.

Top Bottom