Why DOO SKI-DOO motors blow up at such a low mileage?

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you just tell maxxy to give you a BJ? It is 2022 so maybe he’s gone with the trend but I’m pretty sure he’s not into dudes
The word "my" is not there - just generally speaking - no specifics

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
That's how I feel about my Polaris 800....
IDK?
Full throttle boys have shorter engine life.
A casual "soft" rider has over 8000km on his 2022 850.
Only recently hammers on throttle more frequently.

Also, guys that like to let them sit there and idle all the time....(not warm up time)
I shut mine off when stopped for a period of time.....

I like they put the 4th mount back in. Not sure if that was part of the issue... But vibration is not good on anything, I would think.

I am instrument elctrician, not mecha ic, so my comments are guesses....

Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As
Wherever the f*k they are designed - I took it for granted that it was in Quebec because of the few things that are 180 degrees out - the motor mounts on the gen 4 is and always will be a bad design - the reason for the gen 5 motor mount changes - I consider the gen 4 850 motor a GEN 1 through the n/a yrs - now the boosted 850 is Gen 2 and now the revised motor mount 850 engine is a gen 3 - every one of them has design flaws - all it takes is someone like me to run it in real world conditions and make changes accordingly- same thing I've done to my T3 over the years - maybe one day I'll see you in person and stuff your head under my hood and show you what r&d really is - till then eat
As much as I enjoy bugging Max for the fk of it he deserves none of your wrath.
I doubt he has any pull in design no matter how famous he is on S&M.
Shat blows up, I have had every brand out there and broke them all.
Some just break sooner than others.
If you hate people for real you got issues to work out that Max can't fix.
I like stirring the pot and being a general ch!t disturber foe fun.
You're just mean and crossing threat lines.
Have a beer and a shot of rum (big one) with breakfast, you'll feel much better about life.

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As

As much as I enjoy bugging Max for the fk of it he deserves none if your wrath.
If you hate people for real you got issues to work out yhat Max can't fix.
I like stirring the pot and being a general ch!t disturbed foe fun.
Have a beer and a shot of rum (big one) with breakfast, you'll feel better about life.
Telling me he is So thankful I don't have any input on skidoo r&d - ya f*k that

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see lots of sleds being hauled without covers . The fine salty road dust cant be good for any sled engine . Just saying . Some people don't realize there is no intake filter like a quad or bike .
But they did that with 800's too and let's not blame the owners here. They are a 2 stroke and pushing a bit harder so something eventualy fails.

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As

As much as I enjoy bugging Max for the fk of it he deserves none of your wrath.
If you hate people for real you got issues to work out that Max can't fix.
I like stirring the pot and being a general ch!t disturber foe fun.
Have a beer and a shot of rum (big one) with breakfast, you'll feel much better about life.
Yo..snowchup, why u be acting all up in here like maxs MoMa. Quit ember-icing him on here.
He can hold his own bars just fine. Lol

As for doo engines..yes they blow up and if u still have one after 3500-4000 u need to get real with ur self, go get a new sled cuz u know u want one, ur old sled won’t be that mad at u for making good life choices

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to wonder what the percentage of motor failure vs sleds sold is. I would be willing to bet the motor failure under 4000km vs sleds sold would be less than Polaris. Cause all you POO fellas are kidding each other if you think the poo 850 doesn’t have its own problems.

For the DOOLAID haters, fire away with your smack talk, but there is easily double the amount of doos running on the hill than Poo. And thousands running with over 4000km. And yes, lots of them piled up under 4000km, but so have the Polaris.

Just had a buddies 2020.5 turbo that was abused like a rental outside of a night club pile up. It had 5500km. That’s pretty impressive if you seen how it was abused.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder how long those mid 90’s motors lasted that the Freak ran all his life on snow?
In 20 years I had 2 motors go down. Both times it was the 1160. 2 went down the same day from bad fuel. Detonated a piston but was still able to drive it back to the truck. 2nd time the crank let go on Blue Lake. That was an expensive rebuild. Also I had a ZRT 800 that cut the cases in half the first day I rode it I was flatlanding though. That was an expensive fix for Cycle Works.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In 20 years I had 2 motors go down. Both times it was the 1160. 2 went down the same day from bad fuel. Detonated a piston but was still able to drive it back to the truck. 2nd time the crank let go on Blue Lake. That was an expensive rebuild.

and youve been to the mountains 2 times in 20 years so not a very good record

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bring Rings & Pistons

Attachments

• 413D628C-D941-4341-BDB1-0291315D4766.png
    413D628C-D941-4341-BDB1-0291315D4766.png
    712 KB · Views: 120
Top Bottom