2023 Lynx vs doo handling characteristics

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So it’s been most of a season. Anyone get to spend any significant amount of time on a turbo doo and lynx? Got to throw my feet over a 165 lynx turbo and kind of fell in love. Skid seemed to be nice for transfer. Keep the feet up in the toe holds and it would stay level and climb. Throw your weight to the back and it would lift the skis.
Definitely a more rigid chassis then a 22 165 turbo doo I rode.also the boost bump was noticeable. Never did hop on the 23 doo version.
Any of you have feed back?

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maxwell had quite a bit of info comparing the lynx and doo last year. The lynx does really well on the wooped out trails also compared to other machines. The 23 doo has a few bugs to be worked out but does work better than the 22 doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What don’t you like about them? They kind of have a Polaris gripper profile to them. They also seemed floppy on the spindle. The one I rode anyways.
I like my ds3 on my t3 but I have bent a few of them over the years.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
What don’t you like about them? They kind of have a Polaris gripper profile to them. They also seemed floppy on the spindle. The one I rode anyways.
I like my ds3 on my t3 but I have bent a few of them over the years.
2 feet wide, ski loops break, skis bend, the doo skis seem to be better. Coming from a Cat guy. I ride with a bunch of die hard doo guys and they say the same thing. Skidoo skis are better. One rode a lynx last year and hated the skis the whole time.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 feet wide, ski loops break, skis bend, the doo skis seem to be better. Coming from a Cat guy. I ride with a bunch of die hard doo guys and they say the same thing. Skidoo skis are better. One rode a lynx last year and hated the skis the whole time.
After hating the nose diving on the Doo's and then riding the Lynx, I thought the Lynx skis were much better. This from a Polaris riders point of view and riding deep snow. It might be the Doo's front shocks that are more to blame but I did not think the Lynx were any different?? The Lynx would float when the Doo plowed through the snow unless power was on enough to lift the front end.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After hating the nose diving on the Doo's and then riding the Lynx, I thought the Lynx skis were much better. This from a Polaris riders point of view and riding deep snow. It might be the Doo's front shocks that are more to blame but I did not think the Lynx were any different?? The Lynx would float when the Doo plowed through the snow unless power was on enough to lift the front end.

They are definitely valved differently.

I had my expert revalved and the first thing I noticed when getting on my brothers stock expert was how much lower the sled sat compared to mine.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I rode a gen 4 turbo for a couple days last season. stock suspension and found that if you were just creeping through the trees making tight turns navigating when turned right the front left nose dove hard. Maybe that had something to do with it? But i'm very much a fan of the Proclimb skis on my alpha, and the polaris gripper skis.

Top Bottom