Status
Not open for further replies.

jpgmtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.payntonperformance.com
Can I join in on the race to turbo?

Ignoring completely everything else in this thread, there might actually be a good concept here for a new class of racing. Instead of a cross country race, imagine a 'backcountry race' involving a marked run through trees, meadows, hill climbs, jumps, and drops... Hmmmmm......

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ignoring completely everything else in this thread, there might actually be a good concept here for a new class of racing. Instead of a cross country race, imagine a 'backcountry race' involving a marked run through trees, meadows, hill climbs, jumps, and drops... Hmmmmm......

Thats a great idea! Just don't tell anyone. I want to make a million off your idea. Lol.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and a class for freak:

straight up a hill at the end of a lake.

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Retard.gif

you go little buddy....

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Not gonna lie I did have a similar idea for this, but instead of a marked run their could be an ending zone on a GPS so pick your path kind of thing just everyone end at the same place.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm putting my cash on Trashy. He'll be miles ahead of the Freak while he is pulled over jetting the Wedge every thousand feet of elevation. Lmao!!

I dont even have any jets for the wedge. I set it and forget it.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont even have any jets for the wedge. I set it and forget it.

I can see that. If it never leaves the yard except to race across a lake at the same elevation why would you need jets for 8000' if it never leaves 3000'. That would be a waste of money!

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had a race called the 150 we would race down small lakes threw the bush than down the power line it was fun ,but very hard on sleds well mine anyways.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can see that. If it never leaves the yard except to race across a lake at the same elevation why would you need jets for 8000' if it never leaves 3000'. That would be a waste of money!
Actually its jetted for 8000 ft no need to change them for a 660 ft race. That would be a waste of time.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually its jetted for 8000 ft no need to change them for a 660 ft race. That would be a waste of time.
Wow that Wedge is a magical machine. Runs just as good at 3000' as it does at 8000' with no altitude compensator.
I guess all the other sled manufacturer's wasted their money putting altitude compensator's in their machines.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow that Wedge is a magical machine. Runs just as good at 3000' as it does at 8000' with no altitude compensator.
I guess all the other sled manufacturer's wasted their money putting altitude compensator's in their machines.
No its not magical you just dont get it.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is such a heavy mass of aluminum under that hood, it would take more than a short pull to cause a lean meltdown.

However, it would be funny if it did though...

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya you bet.
Sled technology hit it's peak in the '90's I guess.:rolleyes:
Ill try and simplify the subject for you. A 1 minute climb in the mountains will generate more heat in your motor than a 5 second drag race. Get it?

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ill try and simplify the subject for you. A 1 minute climb in the mountains will generate more heat in your motor than a 5 second drag race. Get it?
Let me simplify it further for you-UR DUMB!
Ride it for a day at full throttle at 5500'. Let me know how you make out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom