Where to mount lisence plate?

Elenor84

Reaction score
Hello,

I was just wondering if there is an actual "Legal" spot where you must mount your lisence plate? On one of my sleds it is just riveted to the side of the tunnel. Now on my second one I have to decide where to mount it. Where have you guys mounted yours?

Thanks!

Last edited:

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have mine in my handlebar bag. I'm not putting holes in my sled for a license plate.

Sent from my Desire HD

Elenor84

Reaction score
Wow, ok. Sounds like noone mounts there plates. Does anyone know "technically" if it has to be mounted ? If you were to get stopped, would it be an issue if it wasen't on?

dirtbiker77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was just wondering if there is an actual "Legal" spot where you must mount your lisence plate? On one of my sleds it is just riveted to the side of the tunnel. Now on my second one I have to decide where to mount it. Where have you guys mounted yours?

Thanks!

Last year rcmp showed up at the lake. so i ask. knowing that my plate was in my seat i took the risk asking for curiousity cause no one mounts the dam things. he told me by law it has to be visual from the front or back of any recreational machine like quad or sled. i told em that when im stuck my snow flap folds up and the plate always rips out.... he said mountian sleds usually make the cut cause its the same case to all and that i should just have it on me at all times. he told me that they are really just out there for reg and insurance.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got mine in my locker under my seat, A- got tired of replacing my plate and B- don't want any more holes in sled than I absolutely have to.

CountryRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, ok. Sounds like noone mounts there plates. Does anyone know "technically" if it has to be mounted ? If you were to get stopped, would it be an issue if it wasen't on?
Not neceseraly on my motocross i have it behind my number plate where u really can't see it... The cops told me that u can have it in ur bac pac as long as u show it to them when they ask for it...

Top Bottom