whats my sled worth

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It might have a little more book value if it was Arctic Cat JS LOL

Lots of cat owners like to toodle around on trails so i would believe that......unfortunately blue book doesnt take into account snowmobile capabilities.........prob a great sell in ontario....west is mostly doo, poo, and turbo yammie these days. Thats only if you wanna go more than 6 km down the trail without a fire that is

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a seat in good shape with mo rips. It even has blue stripe on it to match your sled. It's cheap.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would think the sleds only worth 5250. Pretty high miles, when the crank goes and wipes out the topend it turns into a 7500 dollar sled in a hurry.

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brutal honesty of a seller goes a long ways, even if your sled is a little rough people will fee more comfortable buying it because you were up front about the damage. I dont think you will have a problem getting 5000 to 5500. Good luck with you sale

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Comes with a muffpot!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1331179612863.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1331179612863.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 254

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2010 summit xp everest 163

the good....

-163 ice age rails
-2.5 camo extreme missing the corner of one lug
-blue and black powdercoated parts
-avid 7 tooth drivers
-clutches rebuilt recently
-engine tiop end rebuilt 500 miles ago
- runs amazing. just like day 1
- well maintaned, trailed enclosed

that bad...

-kink in rear tunnel ( recent endo)
-front left ski 1" further back than right one ( last weeks oops)
-rip in seat
-plastics a little rough
- 4400 miles :eek:
- skis......toast...

i will be getting rid of this possibly in the spring/fall...but it seems most mint condition ones with half the miles are going for 7500-8500

so is mine worth half? 4000? i really dont know where to start because its a great running machine but its seriously a bit beat up LOL with twice the miles as most

what do you think i dont really want to fix it right up just sell it as is.

and yes this is a serious thread beleive it or not!

Kink in tunnel should help it corner better, front left ski (like there is a back left ski??) pushed back 1" should also help with cornering to the left. Sounds like a Smokin deal!

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That xlt must not have made enough miles to find any stumps/trees in between cranks blowing....

No,this XLT was babied by previous owner, only 3400 kms,I have only ridden it one day on the Whitecourt Poker Rally last month.my backs not as good it was . BUT I had a 92 Indy 500 EFI with over 20,000 miles on same motor.But I do remembering showing off when was younger, that cost me plenty.so can see what you mean.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would guess that around $3000.00 is about all you could hope for. From the sounds of things if it was insured it would be a write off.:eek: Maybe someone looking for an XP chassis with the intention of tearing it right down and building a wild mod of some kind would grab it. Doesn't sound like it has alot of value as aparts sled.......since alot of the parts are "Maxwelled" already.:rolleyes: For reference a buddy of mine just bought a very nice, low mile '09 163 with a couple of the usual mods (MBRP can.....etc) for $7000.:beer:

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would guess that around $3000.00 is about all you could hope for. .

really?? this is what you would value the sled at??? And maxwell walks around with a stick up his ass because he likes to getting shafted all the time....

mayby it is high kms... 8000ish. it will still kick the crap out of a 600, does have some upgrades, and it is ONLY a 2 year old model. 5-5500 bottom dollar.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brutal honesty of a seller goes a long ways, even if your sled is a little rough people will fee more comfortable buying it because you were up front about the damage. I dont think you will have a problem getting 5000 to 5500. Good luck with you sale

X2, honesty of the seller is important, I would buy it from ya based on the honest assessment of condition you posted, just need to check crank run out and compression. I would buy for a project sled for around $5K, dump a little time and elbow grease into it and ride it til she quits. With that kind of mileage it doesn't really owe you anything.

really?? this is what you would value the sled at??? And maxwell walks around with a stick up his ass because he likes to getting shafted all the time....

mayby it is high kms... 8000ish. it will still kick the crap out of a 600, does have some upgrades, and it is ONLY a 2 year old model. 5-5500 bottom dollar.

I was cruising the ads for minivans with a co-worker who is in the market. Here's an example of totally unrealistic for the year http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-2006-Dodge-Caravan-LOW-KM-W0QQAdIdZ360510873 and something that will sell on the open market, for fair maket value. http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...-Grand-Caravan-SXT-ON-HOLD-W0QQAdIdZ358973294
Just because the first one is lower mileage doesn't mean you will get double what the fair market value is, you can hope for a little more, but not double, not even close. For most people buying it, they don't give a crap that you didnt drive it, it just means they are getting a good deal. Things still depreciate even when they have low miles, its still 6 yrs old, its had 6 yrs of exposure to the elements, etc etc. The first seller will hold onto that van for a long time, and it will depreciate even further. Similarly vans with body damage are going for around $3,000 for a 2006.

In similar fashion, sled prices are coming into alignment with what they should be, not what some people want. Over 3500 sleds for sale on Kijiijii in AB alone, total buyers market right now. Manufacturers offering sleds like Summit Sport for under $10K off the showroom floor, hard to get $9,000 for a 2 yr old low miler when you can walk in and buy a brand new one with warranty. Lots of people bought high when economy was up, now they are going to have to sell low, this is the chance you take. Things depreciate and the market dictates what sleds are worth, even if the seller wants more. Gotta sell at todays prices, because each day you keep something it is worth less and less.

Last edited:

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kink in tunnel should help it corner better, front left ski (like there is a back left ski??) pushed back 1" should also help with cornering to the left. Sounds like a Smokin deal!

Keep it Sean....shave the track, gear it up, it would make an awesome oval track racer.:D

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the mileage really hurts the value. I just picked up a 2010 M8 with 2800 miles. Perfect condition except for mileage. It was ridden by an older gentleman and there is zero wear and tear other than the mileage. Paid $6,200. It was a good deal but I have to budget for a new top end this summer.

At 4,000 miles, that engine is on borrowed time. It is a t least $3,000 for a new short block installed and you still have an "experienced" sled.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm not bashing Maxwell's sled, just giving my opinion. It needs a new tunnel, that alone would be enough to write it off with the year and kms on the sled. The expierience that the sled has takes alot of value off the resale. With the amount of mint, low km sleds on the market in the 7-9K range it makes this sled a $3-3500.00 sled. There is less parts that don't need replacing than ones that do, and a the engine is going to need love too before long. Hopefully she moves for you Maxwell; and you do prove my opinion wrong by getting 5-5500 out of it.

Top Bottom