what turbo for the etec

snowthing

Reaction score
looking into getting a turbo for my 2012 for next winter. just wondering what people have for info on areocharger turbos and the TSS turbo. just trying to decide what one to get.

HardcoreRMK

Reaction score
I'd go for the areochager turbo system you will get a faster spull up and they can make alot of power I saw a guy with 280hp and he said it was very reliable...If you dont have a vent kit of one on the right side you should get one keep the heat down for more hp..

toomuchsledformyowngood

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if your doing it yourself, look into boondockers for there bolt on kit. but if your getting it intall buy a competant mechanic go for tss there ski doo whisperers lol

snowthing

Reaction score
defiantly wont go boondockers. buddy has one on his and it is to temperamental. now im not saying that it is a bad system and when it worked it works great but i have also rode the areocharger and loved it and found that you don't have to tune as much. i am basically just looking for more information on TSS's turbo

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Give Deano at Mad Motorsports a call, I know he can make cat turbos run good he should be able to make the etec's run good! I think he's the only one that can make a ptek turbo run awesome.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd go for the areochager turbo system you will get a faster spull up and they can make alot of power I saw a guy with 280hp and he said it was very reliable...If you dont have a vent kit of one on the right side you should get one keep the heat down for more hp..

280 hp 800cc 2 stroke turbo?

Sprint5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
defiantly wont go boondockers. buddy has one on his and it is to temperamental. now im not saying that it is a bad system and when it worked it works great but i have also rode the areocharger and loved it and found that you don't have to tune as much. i am basically just looking for more information on TSS's turbo

Ya they run like crap if you dont take care of them. If you do simple maintenance like you have to do with all turbos, boondockers are great. Espically with their new computer system compensates for your altitude and the amount of fuel you need use to keep it running great with no work on your part.

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mountain Magic built a few 800 etec's with the aerocharger setup took a bit to setup but very reliable once setup and they pull hard too! And since aerocharger is working together with skidoo the end result should be good.
Eric

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mountain Magic built a few 800 etec's with the aerocharger setup took a bit to setup but very reliable once setup and they pull hard too! And since aerocharger is working together with skidoo the end result should be good.
Eric
Were's Fred W? it would be intresting to hear how his year went with his aero kit.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
280HP with a aerocharger 2 stroke have to call that one BS.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure wouldnt be using an aerocharger myself JMO. Build the engine for boost, use a garrett based kit end of story. Or bolt on a 950 kit and have some fun. Or better yet let me install our clutching and gearing and you'll be more than happy with the results. Its never the turbo's fault the sled doesnt run, it all falls apart around the fuel system.

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its never the turbo's fault the sled doesnt run, it all falls apart around the fuel system.

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

....... someone needs to develop a stand alone fuel management system that works.

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
....... someone needs to develop a stand alone fuel management system that works.
It can easily be done if someone wanted to pay for it. How long do you think it takes the manufacturer to properly map a stock sled? It is weeks or months and then they still never really "nail" the tune. BRP released an update to their map this spring for a part throttle runniing condition. They have had the E-Tec on the snow for 3 years and they still have to do updates.
Now throw a turbo on it where the air is being compressed and charge temps are all over the place and try to map that.
It can be done, but how do you charge an extra 4-5 grand for your fuel system? Turbo kits would have to be 11-12 grand.

In my opinion no company has a standalone fuel system for a mountain turbo sled that works worth a damn. that gors for 2 stroke and 4 stroke.
It would be easy to tune for the trails or lakes, but once you add elevation, massive load changes to the motor, huge swings in air pressure at elevation, varying intake and charge temps, and a few other not as criticals, and it is very very hard to tune a turbo sled for the mountains.
A system that is easily adjustable in a matter of seconds makes way more sense.

There is no other motorized vehicle on the planet that goes through as many variables in one day as what a mountain sled does.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The closest thing would be a turbocharged aircraft. And they run flawlessly. Only difference is the amount of throttle chops. However for a couple mill price tag they are required too work.

So in that sense I understand now it can be done but at what cost and at that point it may not even be worth it just like you say. I still dream of the day where there are no contol boxes just an sd card you slide into your fuel system for boost applications.......

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom