G5 N/A vs G4 N/A

thiels2

Reaction score
Just looking for some feedback on guys that have ridden Skidoo G4 N/A and G5 N/A. What were the biggest differences you found if any?

Wish a turbo was in the cards but it’s not, so looking for N/A feedback only. Full aware the turbo is awesome.

tundra twin track

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Replaced my 2019 Summit X 175 with 23 Edge 175,after 1250 km pretty happy with the new one.Tractors around similar to the Gen4 but easier to handle,Edge front end was changed to 34”,expert rear scissor and narrowed handle bars 3”.Rode with turbo’s all winter Doo’s and Boost’s rode all the same terrain,just not as quick.

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Replaced my 2019 Summit X 175 with 23 Edge 175,after 1250 km pretty happy with the new one.Tractors around similar to the Gen4 but easier to handle,Edge front end was changed to 34”,expert rear scissor and narrowed handle bars 3”.Rode with turbo’s all winter Doo’s and Boost’s rode all the same terrain,just not as quick.
what did you think about the 34" front end? thinking about doing the conversion on my freeride for next season.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what did you think about the 34" front end? thinking about doing the conversion on my freeride for next season.

The 34” is a big handling improvement as far as effort is concerned. But to convert your freeride you will need new shocks as the 34” a arms will rub on your reservoirs. Ask me how I know lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tundra twin track

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really liked the 34”,ran 32” a few years ago.The narrow handlebars are the ticket,ran those for nearly 30yrs and got lazy in 2015 just got back using them again🤓The one huge advantage to narrower ski stance is the narrower dozer blade,you plow less snow.This was very noticeable when a friend bought 2 Summits back in the late 90’s,one stock and the other had a 42” widening kit which made it near useless in deep snow which compounded in wet snow.

Last edited:

tundra twin track

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sold my Skidoo G4 and 5 and got the Polaris RMK 900 155 and would never go back.......to Skidoo
I was hoping to try a 9R as was curious how it compared to the doo n/a,some say similar some claim it feels like a turbo in comparison.I’m going to have to ride in more populated area’s to see one,no probably not🤓

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 34” is a big handling improvement as far as effort is concerned. But to convert your freeride you will need new shocks as the 34” a arms will rub on your reservoirs. Ask me how I know lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zbros has a 34” a-arm kit that allows the use of the factory resy shocks.

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Alpha Mountain sled is the same one as the 2023 mountain sled of the Year "The Polaris 900 R RMK 155":Snowmobile1:🏆

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Alpha and 900R identify as being able to keep up the skidoo turbo. Both will be coming with Rainbow wraps next year from the factory. Skidoo, still refuses to acknowledge wrap and will deliver another beating on the mountain next year to all posers.

:skidoo:

Top Bottom