what tool to change doo outer crank seal

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have to pick up the right hex head to change a crank seal and I can't go by the shop to check it on another sled anyone remember what size it is?

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go cambodian tire and buy a set of them metric and standard, then you got them all, use what you need return all tools monday when you come back.

just sayin. cover all bases.:d

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol ya. just figured id get one GOOD one since i dont enjoy stipping cover plate bolts on blocks LOLOL

ive been informed its a T-30!

brewster

Reaction score
I did mine awhile back and I think depending on year there Allen, the updated versions are torx. Use a little heat and becareful they strip very easy and are a nightmare to get out if u do strip the heads. I had to tig weld a but on the surface because two of mine stripped. The heat loosened them right off. The dealers say they use one of those old school hammer operated impact hand screw drivers. The old seal pops out with the use of some picks

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
from the rest of us here...... you are a tool Max!!!!!! Just stick you pointy head in there!!??

Now now its in good fun and you left yourself wide open there and none has trashed you lately.....ive been too busy!

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If there to tight use a punch that fits inside the head of of the screw spank it twice with a SMALL balpin hammer they spin right out for yeah , I use the socket most of the time to do that

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What doo you use as a needle to inject the grease way into the bearing?? Turkey baster?? Just asking???

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just pack it really full and pack the seal really full aswell so when youput it on it will hydraulicly force the grease into the second bearing.

Top Bottom