What is your definition of a stuck?

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So my riding buddies and I are trying to decide what to call a stuck.

My definition is if you get out on your own. No help no shovels. Is that a stuck?.
This came when I stood my sled up too high and rolled onto its side. I rolled it back onto its track and my buddy kurt is calling that a stuck.

So curious to hear what your buddies call a "stuck".

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So my riding buddies and I are trying to decide what to call a stuck.

My definition is if you get out on your own. No help no shovels. Is that a stuck?.
This came when I stood my sled up too high and rolled onto its side. I rolled it back onto its track and my buddy kurt is calling that a stuck.

So curious to hear what your buddies call a "stuck".

This is awesome haha

My opinion is if you require another persons help or you have to get your shovel out you are stuck. If you can simply kick out your running boards, pull your front end down and throttle out your arent technically stuck lol

kawasakikx250

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is awesome haha

My opinion is if you require another persons help or you have to get your shovel out you are stuck. If you can simply kick out your running boards, pull your front end down and throttle out your arent technically stuck lol

I agree with this.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
When you need a buddy to help

Hell, Ronnie, I've been in places where no buddy can get to and been chucking stuck. Nobody saw it, so nobody really knows but me but I was stuck.

Who really cares what the definition is other than RXN. Does it really matter? Call it what ever you want. I know when I am stuck and will readily admit it!!

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hell, Ronnie, I've been in places where no buddy can get to and been chucking stuck. Nobody saw it, so nobody really knows but me but I was stuck.

Who really cares what the definition is other than RXN. Does it really matter? Call it what ever you want. I know when I am stuck and will readily admit it!!

Not that I really care, just trying to win an argument with one of my buddies. If I pull out my shovel yeah that's a stuck. But to roll it over with no help. Well that shouldn't count.
We keep tabs of who gets stuck the most or the best just to rib each other with. Ha ha.

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you got off your sled for for any reason to move your sled, you were stuck.

If yer buddies didn't see you, you weren't stuck though.

They may come along and see a hole dug half way to china, but that wasn't yours. XD

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you got off your sled for for any reason to move your sled, you were stuck.

If yer buddies didn't see you, you weren't stuck though.

They may come along and see a hole dug half way to china, but that wasn't yours. XD

SteveD is correct.....a stuck is if you have to get off your sled to get out.....

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ok Fernie I'll put this in perspective . The Sasky crew is hurtin and need some guidance and are lookin for pointers and ask how you like your steak ......Ozone quote " With Lobster " :d

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its a fun topic for discussion. Sometimes you're in the groove and try something marginal that doesn't work but just requires a simple roll out to get going again, IMO this isn't really a "stuck". But when you get in a situation where you've truly screwed up and have to assess and shovel then that is a legitimate stuck.

• Thanks
Reactions: RXN

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you require the assistance of a buddy or a shovel.

I've had numerous "sticks" where I quickly jumped off my sled, a quick roll and less then 15 seconds I'm heading back down. Thats a "stick" not a "stuck", even if it was witnessed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom