What is your definition of a stuck?

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So my riding buddies and I are trying to decide what to call a stuck.

My definition is if you get out on your own. No help no shovels. Is that a stuck?.
This came when I stood my sled up too high and rolled onto its side. I rolled it back onto its track and my buddy kurt is calling that a stuck.

So curious to hear what your buddies call a "stuck".

I agree, until it requires a shovel or a friend it's not a stuck.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you require the assistance of a buddy or a shovel.

I've had numerous "sticks" where I quickly jumped off my sled, a quick roll and less then 15 seconds I'm heading back down. Thats a "stick" not a "stuck", even if it was witnessed.

Agreed

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stuck is when you have to call someone to help. If another vehicle is already there then you are only delayed until you have to make the call

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stuck is at home with wife lol . A little ski pull isnt stuck haha.

Reactions: RXN

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
So you lightly rest the front bumper up against a 6" diameter tree with the skis straddling the trunk so as not to bend the bumper. You have not spun the track making a trench and the running boards are free. You get off and get the saw out and remove the tree. Get back on and press the throttle and away you go.

Your buddy had time for a beverage and another buddy wondered where you were and what you were doing. Were you stuck??

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your using stucks as a point system on your day, I think we need to make some rules. If your stuck doing a stupid climb and have to roll your sled down the hill you should extra points for creativity. Stuck in the middle of a meadow on the flats should be major negative points. I have no problem with guys getting stuck if they provide a little excitement. I even put some in my videos.

https://youtu.be/T15LLUBm6vk

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So you lightly rest the front bumper up against a 6" diameter tree with the skis straddling the trunk so as not to bend the bumper. You have not spun the track making a trench and the running boards are free. You get off and get the saw out and remove the tree. Get back on and press the throttle and away you go.

Your buddy had time for a beverage and another buddy wondered where you were and what you were doing. Were you stuck??
I would give you extra points for getting rid of another potential hazard. Clearly that tree was too closely positioned in life to another or you would have simply gone between them. I have no issues with a little clear cutting it’s beneficial for a better sledding experience.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
......... Stuck in the middle of a meadow on the flats should be major negative points.

Here was a stuck!! Major negative points!
Speaking of meadows......................This one has a creek running through it and one ski went through the rotten ice into the loon chit. A 3 hour experience and a lot of laughs and disappointments.

IMG_4623.jpg

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'd call that Avoiding a stuck,
Or a slight delay. As you were re-decorating mother nature.

Reactions: BEL

Xmrider163

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dc633a533ef475a4390e110fb45ebbb1.jpg

3582b28b0a8433bb674eaae90cb6ab87.jpg

I think this might qualify as a “stick” ?? Lol or possibly a “stuck” had to remove some trees and roll it a few times.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I think I need to expand my categories...

A “stick” if there is a quick roll or lone ski tug by rider and headed on you way again in short order. ie 15 sec or so.

A “stuck” if your buddy or shovel is required. A “stick” becomes a “stuck” if your buddies have time for a bevy.

Then there is “stuck as fawk in the sticks” when the saw comes out and all of you buddies have a beverage while watching you prun nature.

This is confusing. Does that sound about right, did I miss any?

Top Bottom