What is the best aftermarket tunnel for the Nytro MTX

Timber

Reaction score
Looking for opinions of which aftermarket tunnel would be the best for all around boondocking & some climbing. I know CR & VE make them, but do any others? Would like to see pics of you that have them & any comments.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Check With Rknight111(founder Of This Site).... He Just Bought A Cr Tunnel For His, And I Know He Did A Lot Of Research Before The Purchase.... Price Was Close Between Several Tunnels And He Bought "canadian". I Understand He's Even Going To Have Specialty Sleds Install It For A Good Price Too..............

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
He's done rearch on tunnels and changed his mind a few times...really the best input would come from someone who is using a specific tunnel.
You Need To Talk To Rknight111 ..... He Just Got His Tunnel..... Have You Tried To "p.m." Him Yet??? He Obviously Has Missed This Post.;)

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CR Racing, Vanamberg,Timbersled, Fabcraft, Terra alps racing, I am up in the air on what tunnel to go with.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
He's done rearch on tunnels and changed his mind a few times...really the best input would come from someone who is using a specific tunnel.

BUNNY, YOU'RE A PUTZ:mad:. HE HAS DONE RESEARCH AND TALKED TO MANY AN OWNER OF VANAMBURG'S AND CR AND TIMBER AND FABCRAFT, BUT MOST SAID THE CR WAS THE BEST, AND ALSO SLEEKEST LOOKIN'. IT IS ALSO CANADIAN:canadaflag:, AND THE REST ARE AMER'CAN:patriot:..... EVEN OUR OWN BELOVED SNOTROCKET, SAID TO GO CR.... RENE, AND DAN D, ALSO AGREED;).....

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
You missed the point buddy...and quit crying and give your head a shake...I wanted to hear from some owners. I know all that stuff you said, but have some people with the "actual tunnels" weigh in..that's were the real facts come from.
It's called a Testimonial and it's always good stuff.

***So who has swapped out a tunnel and has feedback on your new tunnels performance?

BUNNY, YOU'RE A PUTZ:mad:. HE HAS DONE RESEARCH AND TALKED TO MANY AN OWNER OF VANAMBURG'S AND CR AND TIMBER AND FABCRAFT, BUT MOST SAID THE CR WAS THE BEST, AND ALSO SLEEKEST LOOKIN'. IT IS ALSO CANADIAN:canadaflag:, AND THE REST ARE AMER'CAN:patriot:..... EVEN OUR OWN BELOVED SNOTROCKET, SAID TO GO CR.... RENE, AND DAN D, ALSO AGREED;).....

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In the words of GRD " FRED and BARNEY are at it again.:D Looks like the honey moon is over for you 2.
The CR and VAN tunnels are both very good tunnels.
Give the fit properties to CR
Looks is personel choice.
The CR tunnel on a Nytro is a easy install. Install on the M series is tougher but is very doable by a first timer.
Chad uses SS rivets
My last VA had Aircraft All. rivets, that was 3 years ago.
I have never had a rivet come loose,distort or bleed on either tunnels.
Product back up is great with CR, either Lisa will answer or leave a message Chad will call you back.
CR is Canadian.Which isn't a real selling point for you, unless you like free trade.

P.S. Because Mtndoctor is sending is me hate mail via pm's:D I promised to say something nice about terra alps. I do believe they also sell tunnels. I have never seen one personally but Mtn MD can tell us about them.
Got :eek:n crack:D

Timber

Reaction score
Free trade doesn't bother me at all. US or Canadian either way. We're all on the same piece of dirt! The CR does look nice & I've heard that they are an easy install. Terra alps doesn't show anything on their site for a Nytro. VE is in my back yard, but haven't heard much on their tunnels for the Nytro as for ease of install or fit.
Thanks

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Free trade doesn't bother me at all. US or Canadian either way. We're all on the same piece of dirt! The CR does look nice & I've heard that they are an easy install. Terra alps doesn't show anything on their site for a Nytro. VE is in my back yard, but haven't heard much on their tunnels for the Nytro as for ease of install or fit.
Thanks

Call them both and have a chat. If it's that close of a decision let your gut feel decide

Timber

Reaction score
Good Idea. I'll be sure to post pics of the install whichever way I go

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep GUT FEEL!!! And I know what my gut is telling me right NOW!!! And it isnt going to be doing ANY favours for ANYBODY, IT IS WHAT IT IS!!!!:cool::nono:

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You might also want to contact Scott Stevens at Diamond S and consider a Titanium chassis.

Timber

Reaction score
Ok. So between VE & CR, it there any differences in strength or performance benifits?

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I just recieved my CR162 tunnel, and wow, and its built well. When there all assembled its more stable and rugged than all in pieces actually its seems quite flimsy. The VE tunnel seems to have thicker aluminum at the center where the suspension mounts are and its one piece which also comes with the gas rack. The floorboards on the VE are quite open as well. My new CR tunnel surprisingly enough has the open floorboards like the eliminators built in which I did not expect at all and with the CR you have to add the gas rack. My opinion is I like the looks of the CR alot better than the VE, the back end of the VE just didn't turn my crank. I will post some pics on sunday of the Tunnel as I am getting my quad ready for the Robb Rally and have to get the snorkel done. Thats another thread...

Top Bottom