What did you do for your ATV today?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What wire are people using for stitching panels back together? I had an incident with a tree, which resulted in a cracked panel.... which is well over $500 to replace..... I think stitches will look good.

I'm looking at 19 gauge tie wire and 0.035 diameter welding wire, which would be better?

Heavy duty black nylon tie straps will work also

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TG, you could also take the panel to Rapid Revolutions. They plastic weld what looks almost like plastic staples to the back side of the panel. It's not as good as stitching the panel, but it is pretty cheep. Unfortunately, I can't tell you how well they hold up because the machine was severely rolled just after I had it done.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TG, you could also take the panel to Rapid Revolutions. They plastic weld what looks almost like plastic staples to the back side of the panel. It's not as good as stitching the panel, but it is pretty cheep. Unfortunately, I can't tell you how well they hold up because the machine was severely rolled just after I had it done.

That should be the ultimate test! You can rent plastic welders from Draytor in the city. They are on 50st just north of the white mud. Really easy to plastic weld! Just need an air compressor and plug in. At work we plastic weld puck board and when welded both sides you can't brake the weld!

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That should be the ultimate test! You can rent plastic welders from Draytor in the city. They are on 50st just north of the white mud. Really easy to plastic weld! Just need an air compressor and plug in. At work we plastic weld puck board and when welded both sides you can't brake the weld!

The thing Rapid did for me is not as good as welding the seam but it was quick, cheap, and not visible.

WarrenG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Zip ties have worked well to stitch up broken plastics for me.

Pulled the trigger on a new set of RT tie rods today through Rapid. I knew I should've upgraded them sooner and it ended up costing me a day of riding broken down on the side of Baldy mountain.

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nobody here use the old rivet tuck tape shoe goo repairs?? Wtf. If it doesn't have one of the mentioned I stole er!

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Washed the flag ,got all the ( non straight) LED lights cleaned up and bright ... ready for some sand shredding at Brule ....

Top Bottom