What did you do for your ATV today?

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My vote is the 900 ranger but really like the looks of the new General. But you are the one that knows what you need out of a sxs. For me I needed more then 2 seats so the ranger was the way to go, plus I really like Polaris sxs. The Viking for me I would stay away from it if it still has that same wet clutch as the rhinos. Neighbour had a rhino and when he put big tires on he couldn't keep wet clutches in it. The Kawi is the only 4 seater I would get. The new honda 1000 looks nice but I am not a honda fan I don't see why people like them?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My vote is the 900 ranger but really like the looks of the new General. But you are the one that knows what you need out of a sxs. For me I needed more then 2 seats so the ranger was the way to go, plus I really like Polaris sxs. The Viking for me I would stay away from it if it still has that same wet clutch as the rhinos. Neighbour had a rhino and when he put big tires on he couldn't keep wet clutches in it. The Kawi is the only 4 seater I would get. The new honda 1000 looks nice but I am not a honda fan I don't see why people like them?!?!

I've never really heard of people having issues with their wet clutch as long as they use low gear when necessary.

Edit: I guess I have heard of issues from people who are pushing an extra 20hp than the machine was designed for.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've never really heard of people having issues with their wet clutch as long as they use low gear when necessary.

Edit: I guess I have heard of issues from people who are pushing an extra 20hp than the machine was designed for.

I never heard of it in the quads either. Just with the added weight of the sxs. He had it clutched for the tires to. Just when we went mudding or skeg it was hard on it. He put 3 in his rhino and it only had 1200km.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you add the weight of a sxs / crap in the box / 300 lbs of mud and a few other things like winch and bumpers etc etc . Now add 30 inch tires .... You are pushing close to a ton in a lot of cases ......
yamaha needs a stronger motor , as the grizz motor is great in a quad / new ball game in a sxs ,

My ranger clutching spins 32 inch tire all day with zero issues ..... Popo has the clutching down pat...imo

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
From my knowledge the rhinos were always hard on the wet clutches, maybe bad design? I know a guy who had to replace his on a stock rhino and always used low gear.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From my knowledge the rhinos were always hard on the wet clutches, maybe bad design? I know a guy who had to replace his on a stock rhino and always used low gear.

So what your saying is

When you clutch her when wet.

Drive her low

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ordered a clutch kit. So will also put a new belt on and take a look at the rest of the clutches.

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I unloaded the outty and parked it in the shop to thaw out. I need some new ramps. So sketchy.....

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never heard of it in the quads either. Just with the added weight of the sxs. He had it clutched for the tires to. Just when we went mudding or skeg it was hard on it. He put 3 in his rhino and it only had 1200km.

the rhinos dont like the raised engagement rpm from the epi kits however with stock wet clutch springs a machined sheave and proper weights and secondary spring we have been turning 30" rubber for 3000kms+ as a properly tuned 734 (zillas mind you not a heavy ass mud tire)

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked up some pro armor harnesses from cycle works they gave me a fawk of a deal(cycle works is the best there I said it).Plan on installing tonight,bought a flat of beer in case it takes longer then a six pack.The old seat belts filled up with mud and then they wouldn't come out or retract(they sucked).

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if 800 or 1000

But it did not do well at all

i have ridden them as well and the 700 is a dog however to my surprise the 1000 is completly different and quite impressive... walked on a commander by about 3 lenghts not that a commander is a race car but definatly impressive for honda

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes the 1000 is a whole new deal ...
when Hondas sport version comes out it should rip pretty good ....

The motor and trans are pretty high tech .....!

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it was the 700. When the first one came out.

It was a disaster

Top Bottom