what about these e3 spark plugs ???????????? think they will work ok?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
doesn't touch piston ... what do u guys think??

one is with and one is with a br9ecs stocker

Attachments

• IMAG0023.jpg
    IMAG0023.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 275
  • IMAG0024.jpg
    IMAG0024.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 282

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think stock has worked this long...why change? Is there something wrong with the OEM plugs?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no just they work good in cars so.............. just thought might work good in the sled

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remeber when lots of people were trying the "splitfire"spark plugs because they worked well in auto applications and they didn't work worth a crap in bikes and sleds. In my bike when i tried it a plain old br9es would last for months and the equivilent splitfire plug wouldn't last a whole weekend of riding. Not sayin it's gonna be the same just puttin it out there.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i think i'm going to try it ...... can't hurt....

the only other thing is it has 50 thou gap ??????????

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are all hype and they claim better power and mpg BULL ch!t they dont even work on the dodge rams there junk IMO.....If you dont belive me just google e-3 sparkplug problems they send codes/dont last and have caused other problems to.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are all hype and they claim better power and mpg BULL ch!t they dont even work on the dodge rams there junk IMO.....If you dont belive me just google e-3 sparkplug problems they send codes/dont last and have caused other problems to.

lol how do ya think i got my hand on these .....

Jemeda11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i used them in my dodge 2006 gas and gained 3 mpg on long steady trips so i tried them in my 2001 800 summit found easier cold starts and maybe just wishing better snap to the throttle. just what i found. my 2 cents

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A spark is going to occur wether you have one tip, or wether you have 15. The heat range isn't changing, so combustion isn't going to alter.

you seen better fuel mileage in your dodge because it was a brand new plug. It's good marketing, they know your replacing old plugs with a new ones to claim you'll see better fuel mileage.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A spark is going to occur wether you have one tip, or wether you have 15. The heat range isn't changing, so combustion isn't going to alter.

you seen better fuel mileage in your dodge because it was a brand new plug. It's good marketing, they know your replacing old plugs with a new ones to claim you'll see better fuel mileage.

Combustion will be altered if you change the exposure of the flame kernel to the compressed mixture, so if you have more tips but they are hidden or more exposed, then combustion pattern and propogation will change. These E3 plugs are garbage and shroud the tip more than a standard plug IMO, but I do cut my ground electrode on the stock plugs and split it to the sides of the center electrode, then gap it, fully exposing the spark and subsequent flame kernel to the mixture. It doesn't make a noticeable increase in HP, but it does help with better propogation of the flame front and easier starting, especially with av gas or race gas with lower vaporizations. This was a trick I learned from a professional who built engines for NASCAR, and they did gain 9-10 HP on the dyno on a 900 HP engine. You are not going to notice 1.5 HP on a 150 HP engine, but its basically free HP.

If you want to get even more technical about it, you can index your plugs with indexing washers, so the open gap of the plug is facing the intake side of the motor where your intake charge is coming into the cylinder, this will give you maximum kernel exposure to the incoming mix. Indexing is usually good for about another 1% HP increase I think, but it's free HP, other than the cost of some washers.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i used them in my dodge 2006 gas and gained 3 mpg on long steady trips so i tried them in my 2001 800 summit found easier cold starts and maybe just wishing better snap to the throttle. just what i found. my 2 cents

I will belive that when i see it.......

mel.h

Reaction score
JMO, stick with stock. I have had the same plugs in the last 2 years on my XP, I clean them, re-gap them & run em(keep in mind I only put on 1000 kms in 2 years).As long as your machine is running good & you have a good mixture they should last more than 1 year (again,depending on miles you put on of course).I always keep 2 sets of new spares too though, just in case.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stick with the traditional style, but it doesn't hurt to get a better plug. I've found that the NGK iridium's last longer than the regular ngk's. Alot less fowling on my Ktm 2 stroke. I now use NGK race performance plugs or something, The guy that works on our sleds suggested I use this plug instead. It comes in a red box. Plus the Champion plugs that polaris sends stock on their sleds are junk, they fowl badly and don't last very long at all.

Top Bottom