what 2 stroke oil?

Dyno

Reaction score
Use Esso Snowmobile Oil. A synthetic blend that meets OEM specifications. Have owned 28 sleds and my new 2009 Summitx 800 and 600 will be using Esso Snowmobile Oil just like all the others. Never had a lubricant rated engine failure in any sled I've owned. And the price is ~ $5.00 /liter.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's something else to think about. You can run the best oil in the world, but if your not using premiun gas you will also have gummed up valves. Example: I use Amsoil interceptor and premuin gas in my rev, my neighbor uses Amsoil interceptor and dyed gas in a rmk 800. We took out our valves begining of the season last year, his was badly gummed up and my had hardly any on them. You have to look at all factors to come up with a conclusion on what to use. Just my .02 if it's worth anything.

Could be that his oiler is set richer than your oiler as well.

ne1game

Reaction score
Amsoil Amsoil Amsoil all the way good price for syn works well 15 years worth for me.

Attachments

• 07 daryl and dean 039.jpg
    07 daryl and dean 039.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 60

klotz109

Reaction score
I always use klotz oil and it always works awsome for me! I took the engine apart and it was clean enough to eat off of. Its not the cheapest oil out there but in my opinion it is the best. But i would definatly run synthetic no matter which brand you choose. Synthetic is so much more friendly to the engine and unless you have a sled from the 1800's you probably wouldnt be very happy if your engine blew up due to poor oil.

grygoose

Reaction score
they recommend it for warranty purposes!

Work at a Skidoo dealership. ACtually sell them.

If you are out of warranty, just use what your comfortable with. But there is a certain chemical in the XP oil that is suppose to work better with the skidoo brand! SO THEY SAY! I do run XP oil in my 05 Polaris 900! works great!

Top Bottom