West of caroline

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hows the snow west of Caroline? wondering what the rally will be like,was snowing and had about 2 inches in town this morning when i went 2 work.:beer:
Can still ditch bang it east from Caroline, gettin sketchy from eckville east to R Deer.:beer:

summit800hm

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the snow is around baseline, was thinking about heading out just to check it out if nothing else.

summit800hm

Reaction score
so maybe I can get away this thursday or friday wanting to check baseline.

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Ill take the Gade out this weekend west of Caroline have not been out since Blue River Trip, there is still good snow in the Caroline area.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
baseline is located west of rocky mtn house and caroline, the forest reserve is the area of riding, seismic cut lines and pipelines. best to bring aavy shovel and saw for trail clearing and getting unstuck. usually lots of snow in the trees, southern slope trails may be lite on snow, usually stage along road, or off oil road
Should be good sledding in the area as more snow is forcast for the area. can be some of the best sledding outside of the mtns. when we get snow, also a lot less expensive.

08154XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the easiest way to get to baseline, through Caroline or Rocky? I've never been there and am looking to do a day trip so if anyone is interested to go there this Saturday I would love to tag along and spend a few hours exploring. Let me know.

Smithys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be interested in going out to the baseline are but Saturday does not work for me this weekend. I have never road this area yet so really not sure were to go.

summit800hm

Reaction score
go southwest of Rocky on 792 past cow lake go about 10km past end of pavement tower road is on left side but not always plowed so may have to park on side of road.

summit800hm

Reaction score
Well made the trip out to baseline on Friday snow real thin on top but there is good spots to find down in the valleys and meddows. Untracked cut lines are real good. Sure could use more snow. Not worth it if you have to travel very far.

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was out this past sunday west of burnstick lake 30-35 miles 3 feet of snow in the meadows and ravines, left from town heading south, came back a diffrent way and snow was sparse in areas.;)

Top Bottom