Wednesday Night Rides

Blecter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We should be at A&W by 7:30 in Barrhead, sorry for the late reply, just got home...

No problem. We should be rolling through about then so we'll stop for a bite. Saw you guys there last time when we drove through, just didn't know it was you! Haha.

Blecter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you guys better take lots of pics there should be some fresh up there

Got a bunch of pics/helmet cam video. I'm starting to go through it now.

Made it back to Edmonton no problem. Sled is going into my buddy's garage tomorrow to be torn apart. Will update with what I find.

And hey magnet, who would have known that the dude who bought your RMK works right down the hall from me? He came out today. Got some good pictures and a little video regarding that. He's known as "The Rookie" haha.

Quote of the day was "I pulled her hard right and bailed off!". Pictures will explain that one!

Blecter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some pictures from today:

The Crew:
IMG_1719.jpg

IMG_1728.jpg

Waiting for Ryeser to get out of the trees haha:
IMG_1725.jpg

Lunch:
IMG_1750.jpg

IMG_1752.jpg

IMG_1753.jpg

"The Rookie":

Lights not working properly (usually off; sometimes comes on when playing with the hi/low beam switch);
IMG_1730.jpg

"I pulled her hard right and bailed off!";
IMG_1735.jpg

Broken killswitch;
IMG_1741.jpg

Another Poo being worked on (hand warmers):
IMG_1755.jpg

And a nice shot of my sled. At least it looks nice in pictures, even if it doesn't work right!
IMG_1748.jpg

So yeah, it was a good day. I've got to stop taking pictures of Poo's being worked on though, because karma sucks and I ended up being the one limping back to the trucks!

Thanks goes out to Ryeser, timbo, Smurf1000, fj40 and "The Rookie" (who should be signed up here soon) for a great ride today!

Blecter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just took a quick boo through my helmet cam footage. Nothing great. I'm finding the goggle mount to be too shaky, so I'm going to hard mount it for next time. Hopefully we'll get a sunny day too sometime to get some real nice footage.

fj40

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice pictures Blecter hope it dose not take to long to get your sled running it suck to be down in the middle of winter. Keep us posted.

Smurff1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a good time snow and good company live is good.

Here are some pic's of the day we had and 2 pics of some other guys day...

Attachments

• IMG01492-20120128-1238.jpg
    IMG01492-20120128-1238.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG01493-20120128-1241.jpg
    IMG01493-20120128-1241.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG00109-20120128-1444.jpg
    IMG00109-20120128-1444.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 82
  • North Cypress-20120128-00271.jpg
    North Cypress-20120128-00271.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a bunch of pics/helmet cam video. I'm starting to go through it now.

Made it back to Edmonton no problem. Sled is going into my buddy's garage tomorrow to be torn apart. Will update with what I find.

And hey magnet, who would have known that the dude who bought your RMK works right down the hall from me? He came out today. Got some good pictures and a little video regarding that. He's known as "The Rookie" haha.

Quote of the day was "I pulled her hard right and bailed off!". Pictures will explain that one!

CHIT maybe it was a god thing i didn't make it
i hope it has been good for him.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your old sled runs great and runs strong, may need a bit of parts after this last ride...

always did run strong, pulled hard all the time thus the reason she didn't like it.
good to hear it is running good though

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heading up this weekend hope it is still good, got a trailer full so far you guys in?

Blecter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heading up this weekend hope it is still good, got a trailer full so far you guys in?

Wish I could, but work calls for the next while. Leaving for 5 weeks come Wednesday. I'll post up when I'm back. Hopefully I'll get the sled running properly again shortly after I get back.

As for the sled, well, nothing confirmed yet. Cold compression is 113 psi both sides (was going to check warm but one of my 510N main jets broke into 2 pieces while putting my carbs back together, so that's out until I can get another; Martin's was out of stock). Cleaned the carbs/fuel pump while I was at it (neither were too bad). I haven't popped the head, but looked through the intake and plug holes and haven't seen anything odd (could have missed something though).

Here's what happened (throw out any suggestions): was following the crew when the engine changed sound (sounded duller and less crisp than before) and seemed to stop making full power/rpm. I let go of the throttle once and it died (fired back up when I grabbed the throttle quick), and no longer idled at 1500 RPM like it had for the entire day. We stopped, and when I fired it up again it continued to be "off". Babied it back to the trucks and brought it home (half throttle was getting me 50km/h on the road, under 6000 RPM). Changed plugs at the truck, but that didn't change anything. Fired it up back here in Edmonton and drove it into my friend's shop (same symptoms). The only thing new was that when I picked up the rear of the sled to swing it around the clutches would grab and move the sled an inch or two when I put the track back on the ground with the engine on (never happened before).

Maybe she's just getting old haha.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Spent the night in Whitecourt Sat,they got dumped on pretty good overnight, lotsa fresh all the way to Fox

Hun

Blecter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What he said,pull the belt and start it see if it starts to rev better if not then pull exhaust valves and check the spring and bellows.

Will do. Gonna order a new jet tomorrow and have my buddy pick it up while I'm gone. Checked out the exhaust valves today and they look fine.

I'll post up an update when I get wrenching again in about 5 and a half weeks.

Top Bottom